Registered User marshallfrisbee's Avatar
    marshallfrisbee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are there any good, sugar-free alternatives to Ensure Complete?

Hi guys,

Didn't get any help on Reddit so I figured I've come here. I've got Crohn's disease, meaning I don't tolerate solid foods particularly well. But on the other hand, I'm in the gym a lot and want to keep gaining muscle. Plus I haven't had any meat for the past couple months, which has been nice on my stomach.

So for the past few months most of my calories have been coming from an epic smoothie I make out of fruits, veggies, yogurt, nuts, oats, and Ensure Complete. I've gone with this meal replacement as a base because it has the highest combination of protein (30g) and carbs (42g) I can find. What I don't like about it, however, is the amount of added sugars (15g).

Does anyone know of an alternative to Ensure Complete that I can use as a base for my smoothies, something that has comparable protein/carb content but without all this sugar? I'd even be open to using a mass gainer powder if I could mix it with water or milk.

Many thanks.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it would be an easy switch to sub in whey for the Ensure. If you don't want sucralose, opt for natural, unflavored whey. I usually use olive oil as the fat in my smoothie.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16