Trivium911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to Recover from OTS

Hey Guys,
    I took two weeks off heavy lifting, I did some power yoga instead on the second week but my body is just not recovering. I feel like crap all the time. If I lift even a scaled down workout with less reps and weight replacing some of the free weighs with cables, I still dont sleep that night which makes the issue far worse, waking up sore and exhuasted. My cortisol is basically through the roof which is why I dont sleep, I've gained fat around my midsection already. The truth is I've been lifting heavy for 15 years, though the past 1.5 years have been crap. I've been under eating since my daughter was born just due to lack of time, and not taking care of myself in general. I ignored the warning signs related to poor sleep and just popped supplements to help with that. Well, it's gotten to the point where even the supplements dont help me sleep. I've been told to take a whole month off but what does this even mean?
    I've also been told that being couch potato is bad aswell, though since I have a largely sedentary job walking seems like it should be good for me. How much daily walking can I do? My heart rate Is 110-115 when walking fast, is this too high? Should I keep it closer to 105? How long should I walk for? How many calories should I eat, should I eat above maintenance or at maintenance?

mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark031111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Avoid intense workouts entirely. Stick to low-impact activities like walking, which is great for staying somewhat active without straining your body. Aim for around 30 minutes to an hour of daily walking. Seek professional help for personalize guidance.

Trivium911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mark031111 View Post
    Avoid intense workouts entirely. Stick to low-impact activities like walking, which is great for staying somewhat active without straining your body. Aim for around 30 minutes to an hour of daily walking. Seek professional help for personalize guidance.
    Thanks, this is basically the answer I was looking for. Whether or not I should be walking or not, I want to make a quick recovery.