Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I was cutting down a tree.

Ok, so yours was not gym related.

This reminds me when I was in my twenties on another board. This older bodybuilder would tell me how all the heavy lifting has caused chronic pain at a certain age.

I reviewed his post history and found out that he was fine until he “slipped in the shower”.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    What happened to you? From what I recall Bando was doing flat bench for about 8 reps going heavier than normal?
    The incline MATRIX upper CHEST MACHINE, 1 plate per side up to 4 plates, and the left rotator cuff was pissed off at me doing this.
    It got worse over time and it was obvious that the left shoulder was fkd, 8-9/10 pain.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    The incline MATRIX upper CHEST MACHINE, 1 plate per side up to 4 plates, and the left rotator cuff was pissed off at me doing this.
    It got worse over time and it was obvious that the left shoulder was fkd, 8-9/10 pain.

I had to look up that machine.

I used to think flat bench was evil on the shoulders not from experience because well I don’t have a bench however my theory is unless one feels the actual pop from flat bench if they change grip position and bar position they should see shoulder pain go away. I think most of it is doing the same thing too often and too long, eg same grip position, same bar path etc.

I’m a huge believer in changing everything as often as possible. I think it’s better to one day, lower the bar to the sternum, and the next session at the nipples, then use a log bar, then arch, then don’t arch, then wide grip, then narrow grip.

That’s how I do my floor pressing. Unless you are a competitor in powerlifting I don’t see the use of same setup every time.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are 3 acromium types. If you're lucky you have the good one and if you have the crappy one then you're SOL with many exercises.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2/10 PT sessions done. I'm pretty good with words but have no words to describe that misery. Breaking up scar tissue, as fun as it sounds.

She's ok with a 7 level of pain, at 3 I'm ready to jump out the window.

Good times.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2/10 PT sessions done. I'm pretty good with words but have no words to describe that misery. Breaking up scar tissue, as fun as it sounds.

She's ok with a 7 level of pain, at 3 I'm ready to jump out the window.

Good times.

Hang in there pal!
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Oops, I'm walking around at 4-5 and get to 7 in the clinic

8 weeks post op. PT twice a week still. Therapist said today and last session "I've never had anyone recover as fast as you." I can't say anything because I'm on the verge of tears pushing it way farther than "discomfort." I do it at home everyday but when I'm with her there's this natural animal nature that's in all of us to impress a young pretty woman, so I go balls to the wall.

There's actually a lot of work using a ball against a wall, so that's kind of an odd anecdote.

Still can't lift anything on my right side so I did a left side workout in my gym tonight, the kids are extremely respectful which I appreciate. They've seen me bench 245 x 8 incline no spotter incline 6 months ago, now I do a broomstick for 20 and it hurts, but this is the process.

Couple alpha guys that I would see once in awhile are in the gym every night now. Both covered in ink, one guy has a bald inked head and has gotten way bigger since i've seen him start out.

I think he's juicing, no blame, not my business. I have a chitload of chit I would give him for like a hundred bucks, probably 2 grand of stuff. I'm a kinda conflicted.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heart of a warrior. I could picture you doing that broomstick in your description. So now what? You do the same exercises as with the therapist, at home?
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Benched a 4 lb bar today and did curls and shoulder raises with a 1lb DB. Aint much but it's honest work.

Benched a 4 lb bar today and did curls and shoulder raises with a 1lb DB. Aint much but it's honest work.
    progres is progress!

Turned the tables today, my PT has had me close to tears every session for 13 weeks now. When we started today I said, "let me show you something" and asked for the dowel in in her hand and wrangled into my lowbar squat position and did a lowbar BW squat with my hands holding the dowel. This means that I could twist my arm on the operative side back far enough to clutch a barbell and squat. She had a large unprofessional tear leak out of her eye and wet her scrub top before she could stop it. Everybody heals differently, but with the procedure I had she's never seen anyone come back as quickly as me, and everytime I'm there it's 50% teenage athletes.

Bando is on his way back!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Turned the tables today, my PT has had me close to tears every session for 13 weeks now. When we started today I said, "let me show you something" and asked for the dowel in in her hand and wrangled into my lowbar squat position and did a lowbar BW squat with my hands holding the dowel. This means that I could twist my arm on the operative side back far enough to clutch a barbell and squat. She had a large unprofessional tear leak out of her eye and wet her scrub top before she could stop it. Everybody heals differently, but with the procedure I had she's never seen anyone come back as quickly as me, and everytime I'm there it's 50% teenage athletes.

Bando is on his way back!

In this thread I learned that, Bando can make a girl wet with tiny wood.

Just fukkin with ya Bando.

I have been following your journey and it has been remarkable, good for you and I wish you continued success on the healing progress. Well done!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My left shoulder gets sore just sleeping on that side. Wrecked it almost a year ago, couldn't bench more than 115 lbs for awhile. Daily stretching and lower weights/higher reps has really helped ease the pain during workouts.

Taking 2 weeks between adding 2.5 lbs per side to my lifts, and slowly getting back to where I was before. Currently benching 3x10 of 165lbs and hesitant to go heavier. It's not even my body weight.

Feelsbadman.

Originally Posted by 4Bertuzzi4 View Post
    My left shoulder gets sore just sleeping on that side. Wrecked it almost a year ago, couldn't bench more than 115 lbs for awhile. Daily stretching and lower weights/higher reps has really helped ease the pain during workouts.

Taking 2 weeks between adding 2.5 lbs per side to my lifts, and slowly getting back to where I was before. Currently benching 3x10 of 165lbs and hesitant to go heavier. It's not even my body weight.

Feelsbadman.
    Have you tried I, Y, T's? My therapist has me doing them and they're mentioned ITT.

I benched today. 10lb DB's for 4 sets of 20, didn't feel heavy or terribly uncomfortable. Far cry from the 100+ bells I used to press but the motion felt good, like slipping your dic into an old girlfreind.

4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 4Bertuzzi4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you tried I, Y, T's? My therapist has me doing them and they're mentioned ITT.

I benched today. 10lb DB's for 4 sets of 20, didn't feel heavy or terribly uncomfortable. Far cry from the 100+ bells I used to press but the motion felt good, like slipping your dic into an old girlfreind.
    Haven't tried I, Y, T's yet, but slipping my dic into an old girlfriend feels good, yet dangerous.

Also just completed a workout and benched 175 for 3 sets of 10,10,8... Wondered why I couldn't do the last two and realized I put an extra 5 pounds on each side.

No pain for the moment.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best thing I ever did for my shoulders was to ditch the Barbell bench press opting for dumbells and swiss bar..

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    The best thing I ever did for my shoulders was to ditch the Barbell bench press opting for dumbells and swiss bar..

I don’t believe in ditching anything. I think taking a break is best.

IMO always make an effort to revisit lifts and bring them back.

I don’t believe in ditching anything. I think taking a break is best.

IMO always make an effort to revisit lifts and bring them back.
    You're a fool, so there is that.

You're a fool, so there is that.

If you call yourself a bodybuilder, than only a fool would ditch any type of bodybuilding exercise especially a free weight one.

You can’t do the widest grip pressing with dumbells you need a barbell for that, and wide grip is the greatest shoulder builder.

A bodybuilder should want the biggest shoulders possible.

A fitness guru doesn’t care about size.

If you call yourself a bodybuilder, than only a fool would ditch any type of bodybuilding exercise especially a free weight one.

You can’t do the widest grip pressing with dumbells you need a barbell for that, and wide grip is the greatest shoulder builder.

A bodybuilder should want the biggest shoulders possible.

A fitness guru doesn’t care about size.

I am not going to argue this with you but I will make a few factual statements on it and you can agree or disagree, no skin off my ass. (see my previous post to you)

Firstly, there are many ways to develop shoulders other than the Barbell bench press, even the newest of bodybuilders know this. (see my previous post to you)

If someone has shoulder issues and the Barbell Bench press irritates it, then moving to dumbbells is a wise choice. (see my previous post to you)

If someone isn’t competing in PL Benching (I did for many years) and primarily into bodybuilding, adapting to dumbbells will come easy and can build muscle better than just the Barbell because of its increased rom and positioning. (see my previous post to you)

This stuff isn’t rocket science even a poor form ego lifter with limited experience in bodybuilding like yourself should be able to understand this. Don’t let stubbornness stand in your way, keep an open mind. (see my previous post to you)

Save your breath Little Man. I'm not interesting in anything coming from you. (see my previous post to you)

You two should rent a room and get it over with, already...

Carrying on like an old Married couple. This is why I misc.

Seems 1 sided if you follow from the beginning.

I am not going to argue this with you but I will make a few factual statements on it and you can agree or disagree, no skin off my ass. (see my previous post to you)

Firstly, there are many ways to develop shoulders other than the Barbell bench press, even the newest of bodybuilders know this. (see my previous post to you)

If someone has shoulder issues and the Barbell Bench press irritates it, then moving to dumbbells is a wise choice. (see my previous post to you)

If someone isn’t competing in PL Benching (I did for many years) and primarily into bodybuilding, adapting to dumbbells will come easy and can build muscle better than just the Barbell because of its increased rom and positioning. (see my previous post to you)

This stuff isn’t rocket science even a poor form ego lifter with limited experience in bodybuilding like yourself should be able to understand this. Don’t let stubbornness stand in your way, keep an open mind. (see my previous post to you)

Save your breath Little Man. I'm not interesting in anything coming from you. (see my previous post to you)

All I said was I don’t believe in ditching anything, but only taking a break.

And I also mentioned wide grip benching which isn’t even powerlifting form, so IDK why you brought up PL and benching regarding my posts?

The Swiss bar is also great however you are limited to the spacing of the handles, whereas the barbell you grip as wide or as narrow as to your body mechanics.

Bicep tendon is now healed and I was cleared 100% yesterday to do all my normal activities. Benched Sunday with a little discomfort and trained arms today with minimal pain. I think that arm is going to be fukked for awhile, it's actually smaller than my non dominant arm. Slow and steady should have me at pre surgery strength and size by summer.

Bicep tendon is now healed and I was cleared 100% yesterday to do all my normal activities. Benched Sunday with a little discomfort and trained arms today with minimal pain. I think that arm is going to be fukked for awhile, it's actually smaller than my non dominant arm. Slow and steady should have me at pre surgery strength and size by summer.
    Great update Bando... You came a long way.. Well done!

Great update Bando... You came a long way.. Well done!
    Thanks for your support and encouragement through this.

Biceps have always been my best feature, my right one atrophied pretty bad. When I squeeze it it's like jello, when I squeeze the other side it's like a football.

fuark

Here’s a theory that many don’t even think of.

The pain you feel in the shoulder has nothing to do with the shoulder.

Shoulder pain can be related to something in the neck or even tendinitis.

I thought I was having a shoulder issue in one of my shoulders because well I train shoulders almost daily and seemed to happen directly after shoulders.

After several days of doing various shoulder rotations I began observing how the pain was when activating my wrists, this is tendon related, nothing wrong at all with my shoulder. If I could remove my wrist/hand figuratively speaking I wouldn’t be feeling this, that’s how I determined it, doing handcuffs behind my back, the hands and turning of the wrists are the problem, not shoulders.

So i am watching this Youtube short video with some dude and Chris Bumstead last night.
    The guy says to Chris that "my friend with unlimited money went to every shoulder specialist doc on earth and learned that "dead hangs" will heal your shoulder the best; to which they both laughed at how much he spent to learn this simple solution.

Seriously?!!

Here’s a theory that many don’t even think of.

The pain you feel in the shoulder has nothing to do with the shoulder.

Shoulder pain can be related to something in the neck or even tendinitis.

I thought I was having a shoulder issue in one of my shoulders because well I train shoulders almost daily and seemed to happen directly after shoulders.

After several days of doing various shoulder rotations I began observing how the pain was when activating my wrists, this is tendon related, nothing wrong at all with my shoulder. If I could remove my wrist/hand figuratively speaking I wouldn’t be feeling this, that’s how I determined it, doing handcuffs behind my back, the hands and turning of the wrists are the problem, not shoulders.

I also left out that I did heavy cheat curls the day after a big shoulder workout, those curls actually are what caused it. My shoulders were just sore the day of the curls. After a few days I would mimic my curls by just contracting my arms with supinated grip and BINGO!