absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Any Advantages to Cable Reverse Flyes?

Other than the fact that you can do the flyes at 45 degrees or while standing, is there any other benefit? Also, when leaning against a pec deck, you can fly at 45 degrees. Would that just make it better than the cable version entirely?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With cables, you have a constant level of resistance provided by the weight (though the angle will be more or less advantageous throughout the range of motion of course), in contrast to freeweights which have a "strength arc" where it gets more and more difficult until an acute most difficult point, and thereafter the resistance provided by the weight diminishes. There are advantages to both, though in the case of reverse flyes, leaning forward and using dumbbells isn't going to be significantly different since the movement actually finishes out at the most difficult point anyway.

With a pec deck machine, your movement is guided along path the arms are fixed on, but for this exercise, you'll have to really focus on keeping your scapulae retracted throughout the entire range of motion or it will turn into a teres/lat compound which you don't want to be doing on that machine.

As much as I usually am a proponent of just doing big compound lifts and not worrying about isolations, rear delts are one of those that do seem to need special attention so I would definitely do some kind of rear fly, but make sure you're lifting holistically otherwise. I don't think it matters beneath an advanced level which kind of variation you do, provided that you do it correctly and with consistency and effort.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

Alright, so I should just use both movements and see which one I like more?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by absf View Post
    Alright, so I should just use both movements and see which one I like more?
    Something tells me you're focused on the wrong things in your workout.

I probably am

Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100) Flexcellent is not very well liked. (-100)
    Sure, just do whichever you like more, and if it gets stale you can switch to the other. They both have great rear delt activation.

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do whatever I feel like at the moment.

Usually this is at the end of a workout, while doing other little isolation. If I'm doing pec deck for chest, I just use the same machine and alternate reverse flys. If I'm doing dumbbell work, I just lean over and do flys that way. I rarely use cables cuz they take more space, are often in use by someone else, and I have to hog both cables. Often depends on the gym I happen to be in for the day, since I live on the road and gyms vary.
    2022 -- Just maintaining and doing the van life
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs