Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    S.A.bulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

225!!! damn it feels good

hey, I know most of you don;t give two ****s and half of you prob warm up with this weight...but **** it feels good..I have been lifting for just about 4 months...

I'm 15 years old
    180lbs
    6'1
    just put up 225 on bench tday for two and I don;t think i have ever been a happier bodybuilder, I really now feel all my hard work has paid off and I am finaly getting somewhere..my goal was to reach 225 by the end of 9th grade but **** I jsut shattered that goal, and my new goal is 260 by the end of 9th grade, and hopefully around 360-400lbs bfore I leave highschool...

peace
    "Pain is the difference between what is, and what you want it to be."

Apocalypse_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the first time i got 225 was great too it was about 3 weeks ago and it felt sooooo good

ya man **** I don;t think I have ever been happier in a gym...hahah it was great

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good job man, I just turned 16, weigh the same as you but only bench about 150-160. Extremely long arms dont help but good work. Next goal? 300?
    Get it in Gear

Originally posted by Cusesharpe
    good job man, I just turned 16, weigh the same as you but only bench about 150-160. Extremely long arms dont help but good work. Next goal? 300?
    man when i started working out I was the skinniest, tallest goofy bastard you;ve prob ever seen in a gym..hahaha and **** I never thought I would ever see 225lbs..but **** man if u work hard,and keep your mind to it, I dunno about you but I achieved what I was working for.....

good luck dude on that 300lbs..work hard and you can get there

peace...and ya happy late b-day man....hahah

lata

mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nice job! i put up 225 a few weeks ago 1 time... i'm 16, 171lbs, 6'0"

yeah 2 plates felt awesome.. i got mad props from my friends

peace

OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhWowLauLau808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i can press 225lbs about 5 reps. im 18 & i weigh 150lbs
    Art calls for complete mastery of tecniques, developed by reflection within the soul. -- Bruce Lee

Veni, Vidi, Vici -- I Came, I Saw, I Conquered

The ignorant will laugh at what you do, while the wise will understand and follow. -- Bruce Lee

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    congrats...

but I thought you meant that you now weigh 225..

BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hope you're not one of those people that start with a 45 on each side, then add 25's then take the 25's off and add 35's then take the 35's off and put on another 45. I see so many idiots doing that. What a waste of energy. Big egos I guess. Trying to look big and strong. It's funny. So much easier to just keep adding 10 lbs plates.
    I feel sorry for all those liars out there.

Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dravyck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im 16, 163 lbs got 225 a month ago

Location: Where it all started, York PA...York Barbell Baby!!
    MightyMouse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Feels great don't it. I remember when I did 260 over the summer I felt great. Especially since I got up and I only weighed 138 lbs. It was a great feeling knowing that I could push that much weight and no one could call me a lier no more...hehe

Bigger by the Day
    Mighty
    On the battle field an American soldiers doe not fight for their country, their family, or themselves. They fight for one another. (Don't know but will soon find out)

Just cause I'm short, doesn't mean I'm not big.....

"Courage is not the absense of fear, but the ability to do whats right in the presense of it" unknown

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BigGunns
    I hope you're not one of those people that start with a 45 on each side, then add 25's then take the 25's off and add 35's then take the 35's off and put on another 45. I see so many idiots doing that. What a waste of energy. Big egos I guess. Trying to look big and strong. It's funny. So much easier to just keep adding 10 lbs plates.
    what the hell is wrong with doing that?

Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump on cramron - half of the reason people bodybuild is to look better, especially to help their ego... what's the harm with putting on the 2 45's on each side to increase your feeling of accomplishment?

basically, bigguns, you're just trying to make yourself look better by downplaying what everyone else does...
    Kramer: Don't worry, it's a write-off for them.
    Jerry: How is it a write-off?
    Kramer: They just...write it off.
    Jerry: "Write it off" what?
    Kramer: Jerry....all these big companies - they write-off everything!
    Jerry: You don't even know what a write-off is!
    Kramer: Do you?
    Jerry (high, fed-up voice): No! I don't!
    Kramer (consoling): But they do...and they're the ones.........writing it off.

BigPumpsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i got 225 about 3 weeks ago, damn, it was a good feeling. the good thing is is that i'm 15, 5'5 and 117 lbs., so i guess it's pretty good, but i've been lifting for about 3 years.
    You want it, come and get it

hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah all the shorter guys have an advantge over tall guys.....i mean i am 6'4 and i don even knbow my bench cuz i do differnt exercies for chest all the time...and when i bench its usally in like reps of 10..........but i know that guys who are like5 feet tall can bench so much more cuz their arms are short....but i dont really care as long as i get a good chest workout after all its BB not powerlifting.....i am sure in 5 years when i am like 260 of pure muscle i will be able to put up like 350-400,......and even then i wont care i just want an awesome physique and quite frankly as long as i get a chest anywhere near as good as say Arnold's i dont give a **** if i max out at just the olympic bar
    but congrats on your 225 bro
    hopper
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR BY BIGKID
    "Don't feel bad. I hate Gmav a lot more."
    BIGKID....you are my new best friend!
    hopper

marauder32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 16 and I put up 225 for my first time when I was about your age in 9th grade, now I'm a sophmore and do 225 for reps.. it feels good

Originally posted by BigGunns
    no man for my regular workout..I start at 165 for 8 reps, then I ad on 10lbs for 6, then another 10lbs for 4, then another 10lbs for 4, then another 10lbs for 2..then thats my workout...

but on that particular day i wanted to max out considering I hadn;t in awhile so I started off with 115, then put on 135, then 185, then 225......

peace

BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000) BigGunns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Seanner
    bump on cramron - half of the reason people bodybuild is to look better, especially to help their ego... what's the harm with putting on the 2 45's on each side to increase your feeling of accomplishment?

basically, bigguns, you're just trying to make yourself look better by downplaying what everyone else does...
    umm no, basically not. Taking the plates off and putting bigger ones on is a total waste of energy and time. That's it. If that's what you want to do then go ahead . Not the smartest way to go about it in my opinion. As far as "trying to make myself look better" is concerned, explain to me how. I'm not talking about myself and my best lifts. I'm expressing my opinions on wasting time and energy loading and unloading plates.
    I feel sorry for all those liars out there.

HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    david drake- dude, i used to live in huntsville, went to Randolph acadamy in 5th grade. Know the place?

-HopkinsSTUD
    I think, therefore I am.

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy well

i have never put up 225 freeweight
    but very close.im 16 and at this precise moment 189lbs

Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bigguns this is unbelievable. You're saying "waste all that time and energy". LOL. ALL THAT TIME, huh. 20 seconds? It makes you less bored in between sets. And yes those 45 pounders are almost to heavy to lift so it is a big waste of energy. As if benching 4 of them is much easier. If someone wants to switch plates... DONT WORRY ABOUT IT
    Kramer: Don't worry, it's a write-off for them.
    Jerry: How is it a write-off?
    Kramer: They just...write it off.
    Jerry: "Write it off" what?
    Kramer: Jerry....all these big companies - they write-off everything!
    Jerry: You don't even know what a write-off is!
    Kramer: Do you?
    Jerry (high, fed-up voice): No! I don't!
    Kramer (consoling): But they do...and they're the ones.........writing it off.

Alton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

benching

I remember when I did 225, but the best moment of my lifting so far was getting 315x3!!! And getting 300 in a contest when I was 16. Those were great moments. The contest was in Charlotte in March of last year and I was in the 181 class (actual weight 178). 315x3 I have a pic of on teenbb.com . The gains don't come so quick anymore though, not like when I first started and went up constantly. But I got my eyes on 405 though!

- Alton

Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dann has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by hopper
    yeah all the shorter guys have an advantge over tall guys.....i mean i am 6'4 and i don even knbow my bench cuz i do differnt exercies for chest all the time...and when i bench its usally in like reps of 10..........but i know that guys who are like5 feet tall can bench so much more cuz their arms are short....but i dont really care as long as i get a good chest workout after all its BB not powerlifting.....i am sure in 5 years when i am like 260 of pure muscle i will be able to put up like 350-400,......and even then i wont care i just want an awesome physique and quite frankly as long as i get a chest anywhere near as good as say Arnold's i dont give a **** if i max out at just the olympic bar
    but congrats on your 225 bro
    hopper

big bump on that, it dosent matter how much u can lift its what u look like.

Dann
    Kansas City Crew Baby!!!

04' is da **** baby
    Work Hard, Play Harder.

"I feel Sorry for people who don't drink, becasue when they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B1gReDheAd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey bulldog congrats on the achievement of benching 225. I can do 225 once i know for sure but when i went for the 2nd rep my spotter started lifting it up before i started to struggle so i dunno hehe. do you warmup by adding 10 pounds on each side when you max? all i did was 135 a few times, then added 25s and did that once, then straight to the 2 45 pound plates. Which way is best, because I've heard some mixed reviews on this.

hahah redhead I have never heard of doing it that way..I normally warm up with 115 for about 6..on this particular day I wanted to max out so I started with 115 for 6 then I jumped to 135 for 6 then 185 for 3 and I was feeling real good and my original max was 115 so i thought what the hell and I put on 225..O **** when I got that up I was amazed I tried again but it jsut stopped dead and wasn;t moving..haha so I struggled for a a couple of seconds trying to get one more but my spotter took it away..haha when i was done I was really couldn;t believe it, **** I must have checked over the weight three times bfore I realized I had done 225...

It was a great feeling...

but Uhh ya on my regular day of workout I warm up with 115 for around 6, then i put on 165 and do that 8 times, then I add on 10lbs and do it 6 reps continue this all the way down to 205 for 2..I don;t always complete it cause some days are better than other but I try and it seems to be working..and then every 2nd week i like to try and go up 10lbs from where I originally started..so in two weeks I'll start with 175 for 8 and go down from there...

hope I made it clear and congrats on your 225..good luck for the future

Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigPumpsta
    i got 225 about 3 weeks ago, damn, it was a good feeling. the good thing is is that i'm 15, 5'5 and 117 lbs., so i guess it's pretty good, but i've been lifting for about 3 years.

UM, no offense, but you posted that you could bench 150 under the pics forum.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=19121

Not bashing you, but there's something wrong here. More power to ya if you can. That's quite a feat to put up 225 if you're 15 and 117 lbs.

Originally posted by BigPumpsta
    hey, well, my bench is about max of 150, squat about 200, chest size of 39 inches, wait is 29 inches, legs, i have no idea, to embarassed to look.
    LYING FRUIT!
    Last edited by Harkamus; 03-14-2002 at 03:48 AM.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body." -US Marines

Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why do people lie? I don't get it? To look good? They're only letting themselves down.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body." -US Marines

ya it blow my mind...and this bigpumpsta also claims to curl 80lbs DB..hahahahahaha

biggy ballz

im strong
    hi everyone. tell me if u think i am strong...i have 14.5 inch arms and can bench press 225 for 10 reps. is that a good weight? i also weigh 120 lbs.

....................hahahah Now look at this kid and he is 14!!! **** this kid is making me look like a pussy!!!!

Guy6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    congratualtions on the 225!

i remember when that was like my life time goal. lol
    now i am 17 5'9" 170 bench about 280.
    going to put up some pics soon.