Thread: Brian's Journey

brianjrichards is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Brian's Journey

Howdy folks!

I'm brand new to the journey and body building as a sport. A little background on me is that I'm 32, 5'10, 272lbs and I carry all of that in fat. I'm a recovering alcoholic who has had struggles with the bottle especially during stressful times and I'm afraid of what damage to my liver / body as a whole I know that carrying all this extra weight will compound that. I've got terrible joints (thanks genetics) and a propensity to hurt myself when I work out (hello left shoulder injury!)

I've got a small family who I care for deeply and I want to improve my health so I can stick around for them, and my own mental self image as it's not the most positive. That's why I'm here really, not to say that I want to use y'all as my therapists, but because I know I need change. I know that I need to battle my addictions and focus my energy at what will make and keep me healthy. I'll do my best to update from time to time and be a member of the community. But I figure my little intro will serve to introduce who I am and what I'm about to y'all. Do I think I'll ever compete or get absolutely ripped? Probably not, but I don't want that mentality to limit me. I've tried and failed many times in the past, but today is my day. The day to really start that change.

To those who've read my ramblings, thank you and I look forward to the progress.

MothMilk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile i believe in you!

i believe that you can 100% get ripped, but it’ll take time, effort, and willpower. you got this man!