alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alan1626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rotor Cuff Surgery 6- weeks in a sling

So...I will be having surgery in 2 weeks. I currently lift 5-6 days a week. All is going to come to a screeching halt. Any suggestions on how Im going to get through 6 weeks of not training and losing everything I've worked so damn hard for? I don't want to lose all of my gains. Sure it would be good to give my body a rest. But I'm going to go nuts after the first week! Thoughts ? Ideas? Anybody else have this issue?
    What doesn't kill me makes me stronger....

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll lose a lot more if you don't rehab properly. I've seen it happen too many times.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you didn't skip leg day you could do leg machines and cardio so you don't have to give up your typical gym schedule. Plus you're likely supposed to do some PT even before your arm comes out of the sling permanently.

You don't "lose" much in 6 weeks. If you trained properly once you starting lifting again, the weight will go from almost nothing to what you were lifting before really quickly. The more important thing will be making program adjustments to make sure you don't end up with the same problem.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alan1626 View Post
    So...I will be having surgery in 2 weeks. I currently lift 5-6 days a week. All is going to come to a screeching halt. Any suggestions on how Im going to get through 6 weeks of not training and losing everything I've worked so damn hard for? I don't want to lose all of my gains. Sure it would be good to give my body a rest. But I'm going to go nuts after the first week! Thoughts ? Ideas? Anybody else have this issue?
    a lot of people are off of training for a lot longer. My son had labrum surgery, nothing at all for 6 weeks and it was a few months before any lifting (i.e. bench pressing a broom). But if you follow your surgeon and PT's advice and work with a competent trainer you can come back and exceed previous gains.