Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not losing weight, lower calories even further?

Hi guys,

I'm 42 male, 90kg, 180cm. Trying to get to 15% bf, current pic attached. Due to some health problems I'm following IF plus keto diet. I eat 2,200 cals. Online calculators have me at 2800 cal for maintenance. Over the last 6 weeks i havent lost any weight (i do look leaner though, so i believe i lost some fat and gained muscle). Should i continue with 2,200 cal or drop them to 2,000?

Thanks.
    Attached Images

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As you lose weight you need to readjust and lower your maintenance calories.

Weight loss can stall up to 3 weeks at a time, any longer and you were, in fact, just eating at maintenance that whole time.

So if you want to lose weight now, eat less.

As long as you're not losing more than 1% body weight a week, you're fine in terms of maintaining muscle.

Your proposed 200 calorie deficit would result in 0.4 lbs loss per week, which honestly sounds like a painful experience.

Yes, eventually you will lose enough weight to reach your desired body fat %, but it will take you an unnecessarily long time.

For your weight I would do something like:

500 calorie deficit
    160 g protein split into 5 meals, or 32 g protein per meal
    70 g fat per day split across meals
    Rest of calories from fruits, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates

Cheers brother
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitsy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    As you lose weight you need to readjust and lower your maintenance calories.

Weight loss can stall up to 3 weeks at a time, any longer and you were, in fact, just eating at maintenance that whole time.

So if you want to lose weight now, eat less.

As long as you're not losing more than 1% body weight a week, you're fine in terms of maintaining muscle.

Your proposed 200 calorie deficit would result in 0.4 lbs loss per week, which honestly sounds like a painful experience.

Yes, eventually you will lose enough weight to reach your desired body fat %, but it will take you an unnecessarily long time.

For your weight I would do something like:

500 calorie deficit
    160 g protein split into 5 meals, or 32 g protein per meal
    70 g fat per day split across meals
    Rest of calories from fruits, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates

Cheers brother
    Thanks so much buddy! Appreciate the advice! I'll drop the calories to 1700. It just seems too low? All online calculators give way higher estimates.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fitsy View Post
    Thanks so much buddy! Appreciate the advice! I'll drop the calories to 1700. It just seems too low? All online calculators give way higher estimates.
    it is a bit low, but if your weight is truly not budging @ 2200 calories, 1700 is just fine

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    it is a bit low, but if your weight is truly not budging @ 2200 calories, 1700 is just fine
    Agreed
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card