Thread: Bulk or Cut

lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Bulk or Cut

I'm around 17% bodyfat currently and will be joining a gym for the first time soon. Should I bulk or cut during the newbie gain phase?

Thanks

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lallanc View Post
    I'm around 17% bodyfat currently and will be joining a gym for the first time soon. Should I bulk or cut during the newbie gain phase?

Thanks
    How did you determine the BF?

What are your goals?

How old are you?

If it were me and lets say the 17% is accurate and my goal is to build muscle. I would get my nutrition in check and go for a clean bulk for the first several months and then re-evaluate.

It's possible that you may even lose fat and put on some muscle.

But hey, if you take that advice and it doesn't pan out. Absolutely no refunds, it's all on you.

Good Luck!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lallanc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm around 17% bodyfat currently and will be joining a gym for the first time soon. Should i bulk or cut during the newbie gain phase?

Thanks
    bump

AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AesZeus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thanks
    Bulk, the more mass you can put in the more effective you will be, dont bulk up to 25-30 just bulk till you feel satisfied with your results. You just started out your noob gains going to be effective in 6 months so when the 6 months is over you start your cut. But do not dirty bulk, clean bulk
    I am here, I came back, I just want to get shredded to look good for my family. Amiright?

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    How did you determine the BF?
    What are your goals?
    How old are you?
    No Iallanc! BUMP for the questions above
    If you don't even want to say what your goals are, how can anyone give any answer?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    If you don't even want to say what your goals are, how can anyone give any answer?
    Guessed BF

Build muscle

Around 18

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guessed BF

Build muscle

Around 18
    It always annoyed financial advisor when I told her my financial goal was to make money. It was a non-answer. What's your timeline? How much muscle? For what reason (eg. performance in a specific sport, etc.)?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Bump.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never understood this "what your goals" question. Show me any man who wants being fat, or having thin arms.

I am with OP on this. Don't budge to pressure and ignore the question.

Now, cut/bulk question is as rhetoric as the other one. We are continually being asked this same question. Where do we pivot from raw gains to aesthetics.

Or, rather, at which point raw gains become aesthetics on its own?

Lallanc, you have gains, right?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    I never understood this "what your goals" question. Show me any man who wants being fat, or having thin arms.

I am with OP on this. Don't budge to pressure and ignore the question.

Now, cut/bulk question is as rhetoric as the other one. We are continually being asked this same question. Where do we pivot from raw gains to aesthetics.

Or, rather, at which point raw gains become aesthetics on its own?

Lallanc, you have gains, right?
    I think some people in the gym just want to gradually injure themselves for about 15-20 years.

Btw For the matter, I’ve seen plenty of people on this site suggest gaining a bunch of fat as part of a regimen. I totally get what you’re getting at though of course.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I think some people in the gym just want to gradually injure themselves for about 15-20 years.
    aha. Let me turn it upside down for you.

Having goals implies that once they are (goals) reached, they are ("they" like them, people who lift things) done. Like "yeah, I did my part". Like "my goal is reached, and I am dafakouttahere". Again, "my" goal, because everybody has a different goal, I have mine and that guy there has his own unique goals.

Lifting in itself is an ultimate and unreachable goal. We are lifting because this is who we are. People who lift things. Saying that we (you too GS) have some kind of goals is misleading and confusing for newcomers.

GeneralSerpant, I wish I could roll a newspaper and slap your head with it.