Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Braves on pace for 110 wins

Can they stretch it to 116 wins for best all time?
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    Can they stretch it to 116 wins for best all time?
    ONLY
    If no one is injured and the team avoids a slump.
    2 very rare things to avoid.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    ONLY
    If no one is injured and the team avoids a slump.
    2 very rare things to avoid.
    You do know Max Fried and Kyle Wright have been injured basically all year.

Position players for the most part have stayed healthy. D'Arnaud was knocked out for maybe a 3-4 weeks at one point but otherwise they've all been in there.

Helps when the oldest position player on your team outside of D'Arnaud (and role players like Rosario and Ozuna) is 29

Edit:

Forgot Arcia also missed about a month of time around the same point as D'Arnaud
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You do know Max Fried and Kyle Wright have been injured basically all year.

Position players for the most part have stayed healthy. D'Arnaud was knocked out for maybe a 3-4 weeks at one point but otherwise they've all been in there.

Helps when the oldest position player on your team outside of D'Arnaud (and role players like Rosario and Ozuna) is 29

Edit:

Forgot Arcia also missed about a month of time around the same point as D'Arnaud
    No i did not know, but you get the idea.
    Our teams are only as good as the replacement players, that fill in when our spring training starters are out.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless Miami makes a run and catches up, I'm sure they'll probably eventually rest some starters more. NL East is often called weak but Marlins have the 2nd best record in the NL.
    "Too stupid to even figure out the subtitles of trolling." - Vickissick07

Originally Posted by Phil9 View Post
    Unless Miami makes a run and catches up, I'm sure they'll probably eventually rest some starters more. NL East is often called weak but Marlins have the 2nd best record in the NL.
    No one calls the NL East weak.

They had 2 100 game winners last year and then had the Phillies who ended up winning the WS. Most predicted the NL East to be the best division coming into this year. Obviously the Mets have not held up their end, and the AL East ended up kind of exploding, but the NL East is still the 2nd best division in baseball even with the Mets being atrocious.
    -SoutheastBeast1

No one calls the NL East weak.

They had 2 100 game winners last year and then had the Phillies who ended up winning the WS. Most predicted the NL East to be the best division coming into this year. Obviously the Mets have not held up their end, and the AL East ended up kind of exploding, but the NL East is still the 2nd best division in baseball even with the Mets being atrocious.
    "Phillies who ended up winning the WS."
    They won the nlds, Astros won it all

Registered User Scarrdbutsmartr's Avatar
    Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As an Atlanta resident and Braves fan, they are peaking too early....

It's almost unfair the Braves are starting off the second half with the White Sox. It's almost an automatic winning streak.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    "Phillies who ended up winning the WS."
    They won the nlds, Astros won it all
    Yeah I meant made the WS, my bad.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tears has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't they need 117 to break 2001 Seattle? It will be interesting to see if/when Fried and Wright come back and if Soroka can regain control. The starting staff is the only thing stopping them right now because the offense is legit stupid.

Originally Posted by Scarrdbutsmartr View Post
    They peaked late last year and we saw how that worked out.

Originally Posted by Scarrdbutsmartr View Post
    Originally Posted by Tears View Post
    Don't they need 117 to break 2001 Seattle? It will be interesting to see if/when Fried and Wright come back and if Soroka can regain control. The starting staff is the only thing stopping them right now because the offense is legit stupid.

They peaked late last year and we saw how that worked out.
    To break it for sole ownership yeah. But if they match it they'll still share the best record of all time.

Regardless, I don't worry about them peaking too early in June. The real concern is that they'll have everything locked up 2 weeks in advance of the playoffs at this pace. Not just the division, but NL best record and home field for that matter.

They've taken their foot off the pedal when they clinch super early in the past and I do think they're at risk of that. Being hot right now doesn't mean they wouldn't be hot at the end of September... if they had a reason to play. I think it's more concerning the last two weeks will have absolutely no meaning to them at all so you'll see them try to "rest" guys with more days off than normal and have it take them out of rhythm.

I would prefer they just keep playing. I think the risk of an injury or being burnt out is lower than the risk of additional rest throwing off the teams momentum

The only way I start resting guys is if they're on some bad losing streak from beginning of Sept to mid Sept and they sort of back their way into clinching. If they're playing fine at the start of Sept and they clinch I don't stop that momentum. I keep playing as is.
    -SoutheastBeast1

It's almost unfair the Braves are starting off the second half with the White Sox. It's almost an automatic winning streak.
    Well I guess that's that

They'll probably slump a bit in August. Probably for the best and they can pick it back up in September to get ready for the playoffs.
    -SoutheastBeast1