xalinu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Can you actually grow your glutes from home?

Hey
    I’m new here so I hope I’m posting in the right forum.
    I have quite bad social anxiety which prevents me from going to the gym. I’m overall pretty satisfied with my body, but the one thing that bother me is that I’m quite flat and would like to grow my glutes. I’ve seen all those workout videos on youtube, but am skeptical if any of these actually work as the people showing their progress probably additionally hit the gym.
    Obviously I am aware that nutrition is just as important and I’m already looking into adding more protein into my diet and going into a slight calorie surplus (though this scares me a bit as I’m concerned I will gain weight at the wrong places)

Anyway.
    My questions are:

#1 Is it possible to realistically grow your glutes by working out from home without a lot of equipment?
    #2 If yes, what exercises would you suggest?
    #3 What affordable equipment is there, that might help me achieve my goal?

As of currently I’m only riding a stationary bike 15km a day (3-5 days a week), though I’m not sure if this is helping me in growing my glutes as I think it’s more of a thigh workout and I am mainly doing it due to some health issues I have.
    I’m looking very forward to any help or further tips that you guys might have for me!!

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To some extent, butt size is going to be linked to genetics because not everyone tends to store fat there, but you can certainly do exercises at home to make improvements. I did a quick search on T Nation and found this one that only requires a bench or other platform. No doubt there are plenty more.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/th...ute-exercises/

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You know the saying: asses are made in the kitchen.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm assuming you're female?

Regardless, it is definitely possible as I've done it and continue to do it myself. That said, glutes are a genetically strong muscle for me - I'm a glute-dominant squatter for instance.

I'd recommend:

- a small calorie surplus, try to gain 1-2lb per month.
    - at least 0.8g/lb protein
    - focus training on squats, RDLs, lunges, split squats
    - I've never done hip thrusts but believe they're also great for glute development, though they look like they'd be a pain to set up
    Last edited by RapidFail; 05-29-2023 at 02:16 PM.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do you have a medium sized dog?
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Assuming you’re a female, growing your glutes isn’t necessarily going to give you a rounder, more shapely ass if you’re naturally flat-assed, any more than growing your pecs would give you fuller, more shapely breasts if you’re naturally flat-chested.

Not saying you shouldn’t try it, but you might need to manage your expectations especially with a glutes-only workout program to go along with your stationary biking.

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glutes are strong so it's hard to train them without heavy weights.

I would suggest a band, or set of bands for progressive overload and do band pull throughs. Attach band to a tree, and do it just like a cable pull through. Kinda like a standing hip thrust.

I would also suggest supplementing with other leg work. You could do romanian deadlift by standing on one end of the band. Or single let romanian deadlift with a couple 20-40 lb dumbbells. You could squat with a band as well. Lighter dumbbells work well with single leg pressing, like lunges, split squats.
    2022 -- Just maintaining and doing the van life
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

Zealot from the housetops PaulJerome's Avatar
    PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PaulJerome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xalinu View Post
    My questions are:

#1 Is it possible to realistically grow your glutes by working out from home without a lot of equipment?
    #2 If yes, what exercises would you suggest?
    #3 What affordable equipment is there, that might help me achieve my goal?
    I did 100 lunges in the park yesterday with 25lb dumbbells. My ass is feeling it now.
    6'5" 210 lbs, 10.9% body fat

Bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable unto all things.

Willing to create a thread "Is Paul Jerome a Larp" if anyone with a username 5 years or older accuses me of fraud. Any takers?