jurugi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I getting scammed?

Hey, no pics for you, but I wanted to see if this seems like normal to people who have been training longer.

I'm in my late 20s, it's up to you but I think I'm 'ok' looking and healthy, never trained extensively before. I have the lean physique, not trying to trim down. I started going to a new gym and did some 1-on-1 sessions to learn a lot and some group sessions that are similar. It's great for health and I actually like it. But it's about ~50$ a week for 4 times a week, and I stopped doing most other workouts.

I've gone from petty 80 to 110 lbs benchpress and some other things but they also do these HIIT/EMOM exerecises that seem like cardio, they work, but I'm not sure it is best for me. But that's after like 3 months.. and I've gone through some pretty tough exercise routines where I did the whole thing and kept up with the others. So being totally new it feels sort of normal but I feel like that's 'not great' results, the internet claims I can easily just lift and can raise about 5 or 10 lbs per week; my rate has been about +10lbs per month on each thing.

So far so good but I'm pretty sure that's a pretty slow rate of growth.. like 10lbs benchpress per month? And I am pretty much a beginner, so After all of that? They do a lot of variation exercises on certain days like with kettlebells, boxes, ropes, dumbbells, bars, freeweights, they do have all that sort of equipment, but you just have to do what they offer. If you've ever heard or look up EMOM it can even make hard exercise be sort of hard when trying to do it right..

Some of it is pretty intense or just high rep, but I feel like that's going to keep me weaker for longer doing high rep/HIIT exercise even if it does sometimes seem helpful or make me sore. I feel that may bekeeping me weaker than if I just did some easy progressive lifting.

Not sure if I should continue on this program but I wanted to see if that's normal. The people are all nice and it's a good experience. But I think for 50$ a week I could actually get a personal trainer too. I feel like it's designed in a way that it may be designed for fatloss, and variations of people (most of them trying to tone down or lose weight, a lot of older people mixed in, so those exercise would be beneficial for them but not for me). I work all tech or weird jobs and no one I know right now really does this stuff. Obviously if I talkto them, they'd just say how it works and how I've made gains and stuff but that is what would probably want while I'm paying right?

I feel I might be better off alone and gaining more. Was wondering if it's worth it to go at that rate or is that way too slow? (and all that sweat maybe useless if it's slowing me down).

Thots?
    Last edited by jurugi; 05-12-2023 at 05:14 PM.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    are you looking for a 30 day program to give you amazing results

or

a lifestyle

the first does not exist

the second takes discipline
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

jurugi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds kind of like what a marketing dude would say ^^ lol

YEAH THE LIFESTYLE AND DISCIPLINE. But 1 hour a workout/per day considered all you need by science. It doesn't matter what my answer is.. (I obviously don't want to stay longer, paying longer, when I can possibly get 2x-3x the result for less)

So I just wonder does this sound like a good program and rate to an experienced industry lifter?

As I said I like these people and they are good people, but I wanted to reach anonymously to the broader audience, not get the same 'woh great job' answer which might want to keep me doing more work for longer.
    Last edited by jurugi; 05-12-2023 at 05:33 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The program is only a scam if they are marketing it as a pure bodybuilding or strength weightlifting program. It just sounds like your goals are different than those of the program and the people in it, which you should realize if you're in a large group of old and fat people. I'm not even sure how a bodybuilding/strength program would work in a group setting in the first place.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Circuit training is very practical for learning a lot of exercises. In terms of servicing a bunch of people, though you can do workout splits under one umbrella, the systematic nature of the rotation in circuit training makes it more conducive to learning the general cadence of resistance training. Split training can come later when you have to take a step back and incorporate applied rest days for particular muscle groups.

Split training we did in high-school, but I've never really heard of it in terms of a group class unless it's more of a camp thing. And you're right that these classes you're in aren't supposed to be rigorous in development. Personal trainers at the gym I've seen train people on split training, as well as rotation style workout, and it's a bit more expensive as far as who is providing the service (in a gym). A freelance trainer you might find for that price.

As far as tailoring goes. There are many different of these "HIIT" styled resistance programs, and they can help you progress in the circuit style workout through its own regimen of progressive overload, but you kind of have to find the one that works for you. Split training will work for a much broader range of people in a rather uniform directive of practice. Making it work for you comes from more discrete and notable progression that you choose on the path.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jurugi View Post
    Hey, no pics for you, but I wanted to see if this seems like normal to people who have been training longer.

I'm in my late 20s, it's up to you but I think I'm 'ok' looking and healthy, never trained extensively before. I have the lean physique, not trying to trim down. I started going to a new gym and did some 1-on-1 sessions to learn a lot and some group sessions that are similar. It's great for health and I actually like it. But it's about ~50$ a week for 4 times a week, and I stopped doing most other workouts.

I've gone from petty 80 to 110 lbs benchpress and some other things but they also do these HIIT/EMOM exerecises that seem like cardio, they work, but I'm not sure it is best for me. But that's after like 3 months.. and I've gone through some pretty tough exercise routines where I did the whole thing and kept up with the others. So being totally new it feels sort of normal but I feel like that's 'not great' results, the internet claims I can easily just lift and can raise about 5 or 10 lbs per week; my rate has been about +10lbs per month on each thing.

So far so good but I'm pretty sure that's a pretty slow rate of growth.. like 10lbs benchpress per month? And I am pretty much a beginner, so After all of that? They do a lot of variation exercises on certain days like with kettlebells, boxes, ropes, dumbbells, bars, freeweights, they do have all that sort of equipment, but you just have to do what they offer. If you've ever heard or look up EMOM it can even make hard exercise be sort of hard when trying to do it right..

Some of it is pretty intense or just high rep, but I feel like that's going to keep me weaker for longer doing high rep/HIIT exercise even if it does sometimes seem helpful or make me sore. I feel that may bekeeping me weaker than if I just did some easy progressive lifting.

Not sure if I should continue on this program but I wanted to see if that's normal. The people are all nice and it's a good experience. But I think for 50$ a week I could actually get a personal trainer too. I feel like it's designed in a way that it may be designed for fatloss, and variations of people (most of them trying to tone down or lose weight, a lot of older people mixed in, so those exercise would be beneficial for them but not for me). I work all tech or weird jobs and no one I know right now really does this stuff. Obviously if I talkto them, they'd just say how it works and how I've made gains and stuff but that is what would probably want while I'm paying right?

I feel I might be better off alone and gaining more. Was wondering if it's worth it to go at that rate or is that way too slow? (and all that sweat maybe useless if it's slowing me down).

Thots?
    I don't fully understand what your goals are. But I will throw my couple of coppers in.

My thoughts are that $50 bucks a week is expensive for circuit training imo. (nothing wrong with circuit training though)

If I were in my 20's and wanted to gain strength, endurance, build muscle and improve mobility/ flexibility. I would get into crossfit.

I have been a bodybuilder for decades and just discovered crossfit about a year ago and I absolutely love it. The down side for me is I live out in the sticks and have to commute a distance to get to the crossfit gym, so I only go occasionally.

I don't know if it's available in your area but it might be something to explore if that type of training interests you.

I don't have much to say about personal trainers except they are a dime a dozen and a good many of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

If your goal is bodybuilding/strength, and you insist on a PT, pick one that looks the part and not some string bean in spandex that promotes doing dumbells on an exercise ball. Get references.

Good Luck with your training and I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 05-14-2023 at 09:20 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.