tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Did my personal trainer rip me off with a bad program???

So I've been working with this guy for I think around 6 months. Before I was doing personal training virtually but it was harder because it wasnt in person. Currently I have 2 upper body days and 2 lower body days with the trainer I currently have been seeing for 6 months it person. I'm being told by another trainer that this isnt a muscle building routine???? Am I just being ripped off???The routine is as follows:
    upper body days:
    warmup
    foam roller lats - 35 seconds for both sides
    foam roller thoracic spine - 35 seconds
    lats - static stretch 35 seconds
    left and right chest wall static stretch - 35 seconds for each side
    shoulder behind back static stretch - 35 seconds
    cross body back stretch - 35 seconds for each side
    activation
    bird dog - 1x45
    hanging leg raises - 3x8-10
    hyperextension side bends - 3x8-10
    core - high to low cable chop - 3x8-12
    external rotations with stability ball - 3x10-12
    resistance
    trx row neutral grip - 2x12
    pull up 4x4-3-3-3
    lat pulldown wide grip - 4x10-12
    chest press machine - 3x10-12
    *superset of 3* high to low cable fly+press 8-10
    shoulder lateral raises 10-12

lower body days
    warmup
    foam roller quadricep - 35 seconds
    glute foam roller - 35 seconds on both sides
    calf foam roller - 35 seconds on both sides
    glute stretch - 35 seconds on both sides
    hamstring standing stretch on both sides - 35 seconds
    static quadricep stretch on both sides - 35 seconds

activation
    side plank clamshell - 3x10-15
    adductor squeeze + one leg glute bridge - 3x5-10

resistance
    body weight side lunge - 4x10-12
    bulgarian split squat - 4x8-10
    walking lunges - 4x10-12
    leg curl machine 3x6-10
    barbell rdls - 4x10-12

Keep in mind, even though it's not listed here, we were doing chest presses and regular squats. Just not recently. For whatever reason he doesnt think the barbell bench press is the best for building chest muscle. He is also telling me my chest isn't growing much due to genetics. I'm reading in some places this is true while other sources say otherwise???
    Last edited by tybittz; 05-02-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an atrocious waste of time. This doesn't train anything well let alone for building muscle.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    That's an atrocious waste of time. This doesn't train anything well let alone for building muscle.
    it's due to my back issues and imbalances. does that make any more sense on paper? that's the reason he's having me do some of that stuff.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tybittz View Post
    it's due to my back issues and imbalances. does that make any more sense on paper? that's the reason he's having me do some of that stuff.
    I'll repost this in here

The program looks like it's designed to cater to OP's posture. Sounds like he's got muscle discrepancies all over the joint. Tight Lat's means he's got weak rhomboids with a forward shoulder rotation.

You can't give a standard protocol program until he's A-Posterior chain fixed.

Trainer for 8 years here.

Not only that. It sounds like he has a anterior pelvic tilt, which is why he can't get his core to work.

the 35 sec stretch is probably because hit traps are so tight into his neck, any presses or raises can cause a nerve impingement.

Not to mention you probably have a "pelvic tilt" causing a buttwink which make your lumber L4/5 extremely venerable under "LOAD" even worst if one of his abductors/Hip flexors are imbalanced

If anything your trainer knows you're a twink, that's probably been playing video games + office job all your life. WHY YOU HAVE SUCH A ****Y POSTURE and unable to do a conventional program from being a COD *******
    Last edited by BlackHeart.au; 05-03-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Originally Posted by BlackHeart.au View Post
    I'll repost this in here

The program looks like it's designed to cater to OP's posture. Sounds like he's got muscle discrepancies all over the joint. Tight Lat's means he's got weak rhomboids with a forward shoulder rotation.

You can't give a standard protocol program until he's A-Posterior chain fixed.

Trainer for 8 years here.

Not only that. It sounds like he has a anterior pelvic tilt, which is why he can't get his core to work.

the 35 sec stretch is probably because hit traps are so tight into his neck, any presses or raises can cause a nerve impingement.

Not to mention you probably have a "pelvic tilt" causing a buttwink which make your lumber L4/5 extremely venerable under "LOAD" even worst if one of his abductors/Hip flexors are imbalanced

If anything your trainer knows you're a twink, that's probably been playing video games + office job all your life. WHY YOU HAVE SUCH A ****Y POSTURE and unable to do a conventional program from being a COD *******
    lmaoo sheesh

Registered User sophiaWindsor02's Avatar
    sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) sophiaWindsor02 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    It's essential to have trust in your trainer's expertise. If you have doubts, consider seeking a second opinion from a different professional. Keep working hard towards your goals!
    Regards
    Sophia Windsor