Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    He apparently is just straight up ignoring the points you and I made and is repeating the same nonsense like a broken record player. I think we'd have better luck talking to a fire hydrant.

LWW...not trying to sh!t on you, but damn, you come up with goofy irrational theories that make no physiological sense whatsoever. It wouldn't kill you to pick up a textbook once in awhile.

Yeah, he ghosts anyone who disagrees and proves him wrong. Childish...
    Last edited by mtpockets; 05-05-2023 at 02:52 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He apparently is just straight up ignoring the points you and I made and is repeating the same nonsense like a broken record player. I think we'd have better luck talking to a fire hydrant.

LWW...not trying to sh!t on you, but damn, you come up with goofy irrational theories that make no physiological sense whatsoever. It wouldn't kill you to pick up a textbook once in awhile.

I’ve already said you can’t not eat. You need to eat something everyday. You don’t NEED to eat every few hours or count macros.

I’ve also already said adaption is key.

With adapting to hard training missing meals isn’t going to make you smaller, hence muscle grows in the gym.

You can count your macros and eat 5 meals a day all you want if it makes you feel it’s the right way.
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    I’ve already said you can’t not eat. You need to eat something everyday. You don’t NEED to eat every few hours or count macros.

I’ve also already said adaption is key.

With adapting to hard training missing meals isn’t going to make you smaller, hence muscle grows in the gym.

You can count your macros and eat 5 meals a day all you want if it makes you feel it’s the right way.
    Try fasting for a week while also training and see how much muscle you gain. If muscle grows in the gym, then you should be good.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try fasting for a week while also training and see how much muscle you gain. If muscle grows in the gym, then you should be good.
    If you are SMART on the training end it is most definitely possible to gain muscle and fast. I know some people who do it. They do however feast well after the fast.

But I’ll say it again, you can’t not eat. Fasting is “not eating” but even that can be done, I wouldn’t try it personally, I “like” to eat something every day.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gas tank is on empty but I’m not going to fill up yet. If I keep the revs up high I should be good to power through

The engine feeds itself
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    My gas tank is on empty but I’m not going to fill up yet. If I keep the revs up high I should be good to power through

The engine feeds itself

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

The engine feeds itself

Nice!

I did also say “eat for fuel” you eat to train, the muscle grows in training.

Good luck on your 300x1 dead lift.

I’m doing that for at least 20 using my philosophy!!!

56, since you are using an engine analogy, as a scientist you should know an engine is not the human body.

When a part is damaged on an engine it must be replaced, this is not always the case with human body, damage repairs itself.

Sure you must eat something but exercise will help repair quicker as opposed to excessive eating.

I know a guy that brought his own weights in the hospital after surgery, it was ill advised but the staff was amazed at his recovery. This was back in the 1990s, I doubt they would allow it these days. Modern hospitals are like detention centers these days.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are SMART on the training end it is most definitely possible to gain muscle and fast. I know some people who do it. They do however feast well after the fast.
    Show me a person who gained muscle on a 7-day fast. You understand that tissue cannot be synthesized out of thin air...right?

56, since you are using an engine analogy, as a scientist you should know an engine is not the human body.

When a part is damaged on an engine it must be replaced, this is not always the case with human body, damage repairs itself.
    And where does your body get the materials it needs to repair itself? Magic?

You keep insisting that muscle is built during training, so perhaps you can explain the physiological mechanism behind this?

Show me a person who gained muscle on a 7-day fast. You understand that tissue cannot be synthesized out of thin air...right?

And where does your body get the materials it needs to repair itself? Magic?

You keep insisting that muscle is built during training, so perhaps you can explain the physiological mechanism behind this?

Gawd lord dude, where do you train at? Why are all you guys who don’t show yourselves act the same?

I’ve traveled all around the east coast and have seen that the human body does magical things with exercise.

BTW, do I need to repeat that YES you fuking need food, but you don’t need to fuking obsess over it.

You do you, if you think it feels best bruh.

Gawd lord dude, where do you train at? Why are all you guys who don’t show yourselves act the same?

I’ve traveled all around the east coast and have seen that the human body does magical things with exercise.

BTW, do I need to repeat that YES you fuking need food, but you don’t need to fuking obsess over it.

I'm not much into posting vids and pics, but do have some in bodyspace if you are dying to see them. That said, we all sound the same because we all know the basics of how muscle is built whereas you've got a bunch of goofy theories that you pulled out of your @ss. I do give you props for training hard and you will make some progress in spite of not understanding exactly why...but eventually you will run into a wall that you cannot get over until you level up your thinking a little bit.

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Actually I have never been able to post a pic. Whenever I have tried to post a pic/file it has always timed out.

I gave up long ago
    (Marshall McLuhan)

So you agree you need food for fuel

And

General consensus is that you need to meet optimum levels of fuel as well as meeting optimum levels of proteins, vitamins, minerals etc

The only argument here is what constitutes adequate fuel and what constitutes adequate proteins, vitamins, minerals etc

Not sure there are many here who do or need to eat every two hours

Other than this there is only your concept that the muscle grows during training (which I think you confuse with “pump”)

Without some substantiation of that claim this tête-à-tête seems to have come to its conclusion
    (Marshall McLuhan)

So you agree you need food for fuel

And

General consensus is that you need to meet optimum levels of fuel as well as meeting optimum levels of proteins, vitamins, minerals etc

The only argument here is what constitutes adequate fuel and what constitutes adequate proteins, vitamins, minerals etc

Not sure there are many here who do or need to eat every two hours

Other than this there is only your concept that the muscle grows during training (which I think you confuse with “pump”)

Without some substantiation of that claim this tête-à-tête seems to have come to its conclusion

I said in post #1 eating is overrated, I stand by that and it means that muscles are not built with silly 5-6 meal plans and carrying around a tub of chicken with you all day everyday. If that actually worked all you ****ers would be dying to post a vid of your HEMAN gains and you’d never make an excuse of not being able to post one.

I’ve seen some very srsly muscular people who have broken all the rules and are just insane.

Karl, I’ve been hitting a wall for a long time, but I have figured it out. All my eating in the past was worthless. Muscle is built in the gym because anyone can skip meals and still be big as long as they keep lifting. Stop lifting and you’ll stop gaining, miss some eating but keeping lifting and you gain.

Muscle is built in the gym because anyone can skip meals and still be big as long as they keep lifting. Stop lifting and you’ll stop gaining, miss some eating but keeping lifting and you gain.

Absolutely NOT..

You are going to need a passport if that hole you're digging gets much deeper.

56, Karl, Weiss, myself and many others all know what we are talking about and gave you great suggestions that you completely ignored and answered back with outrageous silly claims.

Remember when you told me that you breathe different type of Oxygen after doing so many reps?

You need hard training eg a 40 rep squat to get the type of oxygen I talk about, you can’t do it without resistance and exertsion.
    That's just one of your outrageous claims that you have been unable to substantiate.

You painted yourself into a corner and somehow you continue to expand the room with more comedy gold. You should just admit you are wrong and start new.

Thanks for the laughs!

Last edited by mtpockets; 05-06-2023 at 03:49 AM.

I stand by all that Pockets.

Also I looked at Karl’s photos, I don’t know what he looks like now, are you leaner now Karl?

You had some fat too loose from I see from a bodybuilding perspective. Not chitting on you at all, you have mass.

Funny, when Pockets used to make fun of fat garage lifters and people who lift atlas stones were guys with big tits I was picturing someone of Karl’s built.

Pockets you don’t sound very honest to me?

I still think people need to learn to train hard first and then dial in the eating. Karl, you do you, I respect you, but all I’m saying is there are other ways and my two sigs are another outlook. Not everyone has the pampered Air Force life of convenience with gubmit cheese.

I know you do, that's the funny part. You have made some pretty outrageous claims. Here are a couple of videos that dispute your claim that the muscle is built during training..

Dorian Yates rest days for growth

Jay Cutler says that Recovery is when the Muscle is growing

A doctor explains that muscle doesn't grow during training

Do you have any concrete proof that the Muscle is build during training? I didn't think so.

Why should people believe you instead of Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates or a Medical professional, when you made these claims

Stated that you weren’t a bodybuilder
    You were/are obese
    Don’t believe in counting macros
    Believe that muscle is built during the training itself instead of after the training during rest/recovery
    You think the muscle can feed itself
    Said that a person breathes a different type of oxygen after a certain rep range
    You call a banana a supplement
    You called food a placebo
    And the list goes on of your dumbass claims.

I don't know who you are trying to fool with your bulls!t but I doubt anyone will fall for it so perhaps you should just sit back and learn. This forum is full of wise folks that have been doing this a hell of a lot longer than you have, you should capitalize on this knowledge and stop spouting off about things you know nothing about. You got lots of learning to do son.

What's really sad is you conduct personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you rather than countering their points with facts and evidence.

When you get to that level, it's quite evident that you don't have proof of your claims and resort to kindergarten tactics. Sad!
    Last edited by mtpockets; 05-06-2023 at 07:45 AM.

Also I looked at Karl’s photos, I don’t know what he looks like now, are you leaner now Karl?

You had some fat too loose from I see from a bodybuilding perspective. Not chitting on you at all, you have mass.
    I actually agree with you. In those pics I was about 255 lbs and was lifting completely for strength, so was carrying around a bit more body fat than I should have been. I am leaner now at 230 lbs, but not as strong as my goals are different. Looking to get down to 215-ish.

Pockets has some great vids posted above... believe it or not, he is actually trying to help you.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I know you do, that's the funny part. You have made some pretty outrageous claims. Here are a couple of videos that dispute your claim that the muscle is built during training..

Dorian Yates rest days for growth

Jay Cutler says that Recovery is when the Muscle is growing

A doctor explains that muscle doesn't grow during training

Do you have any concrete proof that the Muscle is build during training? I didn't think so.

Why should people believe you instead of Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates or a Medical professional, when you made these claims

Stated that you weren’t a bodybuilder
    You were/are obese
    Don’t believe in counting macros
    Believe that muscle is built during the training itself instead of after the training during rest/recovery
    You think the muscle can feed itself
    Said that a person breathes a different type of oxygen after a certain rep range
    You call a banana a supplement
    You called food a placebo
    And the list goes on of your dumbass claims.

I don't know who you are trying to fool with your bulls!t but I doubt anyone will fall for it so perhaps you should just sit back and learn. This forum is full of wise folks that have been doing this a hell of a lot longer than you have, you should capitalize on this knowledge and stop spouting off about things you know nothing about. You got lots of learning to do son.

What's really sad is you conduct personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you rather than countering their points with facts and evidence.

When you get to that level, it's quite evident that you don't have proof of your claims and resort to kindergarten tactics. Sad!

I’ve been there and done that with those people and traditional training. If you train a traditional style then the macros fall into that concept.

I have no clue how Dorian and Cutler trained as beginners, I know Jay was a construction worker very early in his training which means he wasn’t eating like a traditional bb’er or else he’d be fuking canned.

I bet most pros did obscure things in the beginning and that’s what separates them, I believe they focused on lifting FIRST!

Believe what you want.

I hit an arm workout last week were I had instant growth during the workout, my arms didn’t get smaller as I trained the rest of the week. I rested Friday and ate more than usual (because of I’m not training I think about eating) I never got any bigger from the rest and eating, the growth I experienced was during the training.

But again my routine is far different than what anyone else is doing, you keep forgetting this, it’s like you just don’t wanna to hear that?

On Thursday I demolished my high floor press PR, by 8 reps, I nailed 41 reps set-1, set 2 was a much heavier and surprising 10reps. I was expecting to be drained at 8, nope.

What a pile of horsesh!t. It doesn't matter how anyone trains.

The Muscle does not grow in the gym...

It doesn't work that way...

The first part of this vid of what Ultimate Warrior Jim Helwig said is spot on.

I recall Jim saying he looked the best when he was about broke and only had some tuna and nothing else, but he still trained his azz off.

I learned about real hard training and not worrying about how much was on the bar in 2007 from a former football player and coach. It still took about 15 years for me to accept and apply it.

https://youtu.be/2KbgSjPsfjk

Show proof of your claim.. "Muscle is built during training".

Not interested in hearing your tall tales or watching videos irrelevant to your claim.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Show proof of your claim.. "Muscle is built during training".

Not interested in hearing your tall tales or watching videos irrelevant to your claim.

So you are telling us that if you miss 1-2 of your 6 total meals of the day you won’t lift any weights?

If you miss a couple meals and still train hard, you will grow. If you start missing your workouts you will stop growing. Any of those pro bodybuilders you posted about will admit this personally to anyone.

BTW, I didn’t watch one of your stupid fuking vids.

Funny how only a few on this board even looks close to a pro bodybuilder yet everyone follows the eating and macro theory. I guess there must be MORE to it?

So you are saying that Dorian Yates and Jay Cutler produce stupid Videos?

Are saying that Dorian Yates and Jay Cutler are wrong when they say that Muscle is NOT BUILT
    during training?

Are you saying that you are smarter than Dorian and Jay?

It’s probably good that you didn’t look at the videos.

More deflection from the topic at hand., your claim that
    “Muscle is built during training”

Why can’t you answer that? It’s your claim so prove it.

I'll make you a deal, you provide proof that "Muscle is actually built during training" and we can talk macros, you actually need an education in that area as well. I'll make you smarter bro!

Or you can just admit that you are wrong and we can yak about the macros now.. Eazy Peazy..

Pockets you are deflecting, why can’t YOU prove your right? You obviously eat correctly yet you aren’t even in any bodybuilding class?

I’m going by what I’m experiencing, if you can’t accept it, go suck a dik and go on with your living the fuking dream life.

Enjoy your night.

I’ll enjoy mine by admiring the instant gains I just made today while training.

I’ll enjoy mine by admiring the instant gains I just made today while training.

There is no such thing as "INSTANT GAINS" That's called a pump.

I think I should post a link of your thread in the General misc, perhaps you will get someone to agree with you. No one in the OV 35 has yet to agree with your nonsense.

Do you think we are all wrong and you are right? Think again.

Pockets you are deflecting, why can’t YOU prove your right?

I am not deflecting anything. Quite frankly I don't have a clue what you are going on about. What have I said that I need to prove right?

Provide a quote of what I said, complete with a timestamp of the thread so I can respond.

You obviously eat correctly yet you aren’t even in any bodybuilding class?
    What does this even mean? Bodybuilding class?

go on with your living the fuking dream life.
    I don't need your encouragement I most certainly will live the dream.

Pull workout Check
    8 mile x country run Check

Now it's time to get the canoe wet and do some paddle trolling to get a bit of exercise and maybe some nice healthy protein for supper.

You enjoy your soap operas and the girls on the "View" I look forward to hearing all about it later.

Last edited by mtpockets; 05-08-2023 at 07:39 AM.