mclarke1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adapting to overcome

I've been diligent in my attempts to go to the gym, stick with a routine and have seen some progress.

Mid Jan i weighed in at 133.4kg last week i was 126.3kg, didnt see any movement for the first month. Ive also had an ankle injury (torn ligament) and physio advised me not to work lower body so currently 3x a week upper body.

My routine is limited to machines/cables as they tend to be clear, free weights section is mobbed in the small gym I use. I have a basic set at home i could use outside of main routine (only up to 40kg atm)

Current routine: 2/2 across week

Upper:
    Lat Pulldown (75kg 4x8 different variations)
    Seated row (67.5kg 3x8)
    Incline chest press (67.5kg, 3x8)
    Bicep Curl (cable) (20kg, 3x8)
    Tricep pushdown (cable) (25kg, 3x8)
    Cable crossover (25kg, 3x8)

Lower:
    Leg press (150-200kg, 3x8)
    Leg extension (67.5kg, 3x8)
    Seated leg curl (101.25kg, 3x8)
    Hip extension (20kg, 3x8)
    Cardio - 20-30min bike

At my stage (beginner) and weights etc should I be looking to break it down more do more focused routine. Im open to 5days a week etc

My goal is to drop my weight to the 95-105kg range whilst building muscle mass. I will be actively playing rugby next season so looking to grow in that direction (centre)

synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mclarke1987 View Post
    I've been diligent in my attempts to go to the gym, stick with a routine and have seen some progress.

Mid Jan i weighed in at 133.4kg last week i was 126.3kg, didnt see any movement for the first month. Ive also had an ankle injury (torn ligament) and physio advised me not to work lower body so currently 3x a week upper body.

My routine is limited to machines/cables as they tend to be clear, free weights section is mobbed in the small gym I use. I have a basic set at home i could use outside of main routine (only up to 40kg atm)

Current routine: 2/2 across week

Upper:
    Lat Pulldown (75kg 4x8 different variations)
    Seated row (67.5kg 3x8)
    Incline chest press (67.5kg, 3x8)
    Bicep Curl (cable) (20kg, 3x8)
    Tricep pushdown (cable) (25kg, 3x8)
    Cable crossover (25kg, 3x8)

Lower:
    Leg press (150-200kg, 3x8)
    Leg extension (67.5kg, 3x8)
    Seated leg curl (101.25kg, 3x8)
    Hip extension (20kg, 3x8)
    Cardio - 20-30min bike

At my stage (beginner) and weights etc should I be looking to break it down more do more focused routine. Im open to 5days a week etc

My goal is to drop my weight to the 95-105kg range whilst building muscle mass. I will be actively playing rugby next season so looking to grow in that direction (centre)
    If you coming off injury, thinking of sustainability is always a good mindset, meaning how you can build a routine which is sustainable and won't get you injured again. From my experience (and I assume this will be personal so take this with a grain of salt), I found that keeping things in the rep range of 8-12 clean reps with last 2 or 3 really hard to finish, stimulates the maximal growth, considering I can recover within 48-72 hours. I also have knee and back injury so limited to certain machines, but seems to work great.

Splitting your plan more, should be a factor of, if you don't see any progress like weight changes or measurements.