Thread: Leg Press Depth

BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueDay93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leg Press Depth

Hi all

I don't understand why I have really poor depth on leg press. Whenever I use it I can barely get half ROM unless I place my feet really high, which obviously takes away from the quads a bit. Even with squat shoes

I don't have this issue when I do squats, just leg press for some reason

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Your torso is bent much more with a typical leg press. There's only so much range of motion that your hip joints have. Eventually to get more your pelvis will need to curl up such that your butt rolls under you.

Any chance you can post a picture of yourself from the side while doing the leg press?
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AsianPepper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    didnt read ****git

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inadequate internal hip rotator leveraging.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lots of factors but I've found some people have very poor posture (lordosis) which leads to an inability to hit proper depth. Other's seem to lack knowledge on how to perform the lift (I need to take a medium stance and concentrate on opening my hips, spreading my knees, and imagining dropping my torso through the lift *these cues work for me*)

Can you do hack squats easily? Or single leg presses?
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100)
    There could be a few reasons why you are having trouble achieving full range of motion (ROM) on the leg press machine:

Technique: Make sure you are using the correct form and technique. You should place your feet shoulder-width apart and position them on the platform so that your knees are aligned with your toes. This will ensure that you are using your quads effectively and not placing undue stress on your knees. Also, make sure that you are lowering the weight slowly and under control, and not bouncing the weight off the safety stops.

Weight: You may be using too much weight for your current strength level. Try decreasing the weight and see if you are able to achieve a full ROM. Gradually increase the weight as your strength improves.

Mobility: Poor mobility or flexibility in your hips or ankles can limit your ability to achieve full ROM on the leg press. Consider incorporating mobility exercises or stretches to improve your flexibility.

Machine settings: Check the machine settings to make sure the seat and backrest are adjusted correctly for your height and body shape. Adjusting the machine settings can make a big difference in your ability to achieve full ROM.

It's also worth noting that the leg press machine is not a substitute for squats, and you should continue to include squats in your workout routine. Squats are a compound exercise that work multiple muscle groups, while the leg press machine primarily targets the quads.