Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why I'm loosing fat % everywhere but gain fat % on my belly

Hello,

I have a professional trainer that mesure my body fat % yesterday. I was kind of disappointed. I went from 27,4% to 23% on the first month. Then, this month, I went from 23% to 22,8%. I loose fat everywhere except in my belly measurement where it increase a lot and pretty much cancelled all my gain. He do a skinfold test.

During that time( 5 weeks) I lose 6,4 pounds. I don't feel that I lose strength (muscle mass).

I workout 5x a week. I try my best to eat well and to keep a 500 calories déficit. I'm at 191 pound and I try to eat 2000 calories. I keep track of my food intake. I do have a lot of stress from home and work. I try to sleep 7h30 hours a night but with the baby, is kind of hard to have a good night of sleep.

So, my question is : What do I need to do to improve my fat loose? Can somebody explain to what happen?

Thanks you
    Check my workout journal at: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114223331

I own rep to j.benjamin

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    trust the process and preferably ditch the bf% measurements since they obviously confuse you more than they help you, that's all i can say man

azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    same age as you (not sure why it says 53, idc)- my profile is my current state. the last place i shed body fat was belly- everyone has their own "last spot body wants to lose." you just need to be consistent, stop being so stressed on numbers/scale/measurements.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grunts67 View Post
    Can somebody explain to what happen?
    You probably think you're losing muscle mass because the rest of your body is shrinking. You're not losing much muscle if any. You're losing fat. What you thought was muscle was actually a layer of fat over your body.

The stomach and hips are usually the last place for fat to come off.

When you drop below 15% you'll see the stomach fat and fat around the hips come off.

You will be surprised to find out you don't have nearly as much muscle mass as you thought you did when you get below 15% body fat. That is normal.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    You probably think you're losing muscle mass because the rest of your body is shrinking. You're not losing much muscle if any. You're losing fat. What you thought was muscle was actually a layer of fat over your body.

The stomach and hips are usually the last place for fat to come off.

When you drop below 15% you'll see the stomach fat and fat around the hips come off.

You will be surprised to find out you don't have nearly as much muscle mass as you thought you did when you get below 15% body fat. That is normal.
    And it's almost amazing IMO how much clothes can distort the appearance of a physique. Someone on the high end of the 20s percent range might not even look particularly overweight (especially if they have well-developed shoulder and chest musculature which causes the fabric to drape over a beer gut which is still there, and loose pants mostly erasing the contour of a fat butt which would otherwise be conspicuous) but with a shirt off it's really apparent how quite honestly fat they are... Maybe looking good in a shirt is all someone cares about, but it's still interesting to me how much of an enormous difference simply wearing one makes.

All variety of goals aside, it can be a powerful enemy of honest self-assessment in my experience if you're legitimately trying to get in actually healthy shape, since it's all too easy to convince yourself that you're "not actually that overweight" when you're flexing into a pose fully clothed (and possibly also pumped), rather than doing the cut-and-dry cold profile and forward-facing naked mug shot in your mirror in neutral lighting while relaxed, which probably tells a different story in most cases (and I'm speaking from experience here of course).
    Last edited by EliKoehn; 04-06-2023 at 04:51 PM.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grunts67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will focus on what I can control and let the time do this work.
    Check my workout journal at: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114223331

I own rep to j.benjamin

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im in a similar boat. I was 158 and now 153 or more. Scale varies. My waist has stayed 35" over the last 6 weeks. Took a 600 cal deficit to get the process moving, 1400 cal since I'm not super active.

My thighs are shrinking, but they are getting stronger too. I'm setting PRs. My abs are getting stronger and harder too. So I'll just trust the process.

On a side note, hunger used to be an issue a year ago, stopping my cut. But after fasting 4.5 days, my body is no longer bothered by hunger. Then I grouped my calories into my first 2 meals around a morning workout and dealt with hunger only the second half of the day, just taking some protein powder here and there. Now I don't even feel much hunger. For the first time, lettuce easily satiates me. So I'm very confident I can keep this up. 140, here I come.

anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anotherworld is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Reducing your stress will be helpful both for your mind and body, maybe take a 1 or 2 yoga classes a week, it can help