MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thoughts on my routine?

Here's my routine. Been doing it for about a month and have seen some pretty good results thus far (at least in the back). Thoughts? Any adjustments or suggestions? Hypertrophy is my goal.
    Monday and Thursday
    seated row (machine) 5x10
    Chin up (assisted) 5x10
    Bicep curl (Dumbbell) 3x12
    Lat Pulldown (Cable) 5x10
    Leg extension (Machine) 5x10
    Bicep curl (cable) 6x12 (3 for narrow grip and 3 for wide grip)
    Squat (Smith Machine) 5x10
    Seated Leg Curl (Machine) 3x10
    Tuesday and Thursday
    Skullcrusher (Cable) 3x12
    Tricep pushdowns (cable) 3x12
    Cable Crossover (Upper pec) 5x12
    Later raise (cable) 5x12
    Shoulder press (Machine) 5x10
    Pec Deck (Machine) 5x10
    rear Peck Deck (Machine) 5x10
    Tricep dip (assisted) 5x10
    Push up (bodyweight) 1x10
    Some of you may be wondering where the deadlift is; well, I'm terrified of hurting my lower back because back injuries run in my family, so I've been trying to figure out what I can do to strengthen my lower back that doesn't involve deadlifting since that move is very easy to mess up if you're not careful.
    Anyway, feedback is appreciated; God bless.
    Last edited by MarkGarro95; 03-29-2023 at 09:33 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks pretty odd but if you're happy & have visible results after only a month, keep doing it until you're not happy.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MarkGarro95 View Post
    Some of you may be wondering where the deadlift is; well, I'm terrified of hurting my lower back
    You can do dog lifts instead of deadlifts. I did them when I was 14 or 15 and had no weights except for a German shephard dog.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGriMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wesel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Mark1T: Black Labrador retriever
    Paulinanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wlf

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm terrified of hurting my lower back because back injuries run in my family
    Nocebo or have you been injured yourself? There's an all-around skittishness with compounds in what you wrote.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarkGarro95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Nocebo or have you been injured yourself? There's an all-around skittishness with compounds in what you wrote.
    I've strained my back in the past, but haven't injured it per-say. The last time I did deadlifts was months ago (around January) and I strained my lower back really badly because I ended up speeding my tempo up doing the move due to pressure from people in the gym. As far as the compound moves go, what do you mean by skittishness? Do I have too many?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like an unbalanced program with a lot of excessive (junk) volume with too much arm work and not enough chest. But whatever you like and works for you I guess.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Needz more paragraphz

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As far as the compound moves go, what do you mean by skittishness? Do I have too many?
    You barely have any. Your aversion to deadlift is just a piece of that picture.

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do trap bar deadlifts.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Looks like an unbalanced program with a lot of excessive (junk) volume with too much arm work and not enough chest. But whatever you like and works for you I guess.
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. What can I do to improve the routine? What chest moves would you recommend and what arm moves do you recommend I take out? I'm trying to get back into benching (it's been a little bit, so I only recently added the bench press back in, with the first day doing it again being tomorrow). I've basically been trying to figure out what will stimulate the most muscle growth (i.e., compound moves like lat pulldowns, machine shoulder press, tricep dips, etc) while supplementing those moves with isolation exercises that target the same muscle group (i.e., cable crossovers, dumbbell curls, skullcrushers, etc). For me, what it comes down to is deciding the appropriate rep range. Currently, I have 12 reps for isolation and 10 reps for compound lifts (the only exception being my legs. My legs are compromised due to a mild case of cerebral palsy that I have, so I can't push them as hard as I can my upper body in a given workout).
    Last edited by MarkGarro95; 03-29-2023 at 10:00 AM.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    .... What can I do to improve the routine?

My legs are compromised due to a mild case of cerebral palsy
    Send your routine to the recycle bin and follow the Fierce 5 or AllPro routine in the workout program forum stickies. Omit or limit the dead lifts.

Have you ever been to the Kansas Jaycees CP Ranch in El Dorado? I almost died there goose hunting in January on a frozen lake. Fell through the ice in a deep lake.
    Current rankings

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks fine if you’re just starting out, except that there’s no focus on chest. That would probably explain why your satisfied with the back development in particular.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me, what it comes down to is deciding the appropriate rep range. Currently, I have 12 reps for isolation and 10 reps for compound lifts (the only exception being my legs. My legs are compromised due to a mild case of cerebral palsy that I have, so I can't push them as hard as I can my upper body in a given workout).
    What are you meaning here? Why is this posing a dilemma for you? There isn’t much discernible difference between the rep ranges except for how well you progress in weight for each exercise.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. What can I do to improve the routine? What chest moves would you recommend and what arm moves do you recommend I take out? I'm trying to get back into benching (it's been a little bit, so I only recently added the bench press back in, with the first day doing it again being tomorrow). I've basically been trying to figure out what will stimulate the most muscle growth (i.e., compound moves like lat pulldowns, machine shoulder press, tricep dips, etc) while supplementing those moves with isolation exercises that target the same muscle group (i.e., cable crossovers, dumbbell curls, skullcrushers, etc). For me, what it comes down to is deciding the appropriate rep range. Currently, I have 12 reps for isolation and 10 reps for compound lifts (the only exception being my legs. My legs are compromised due to a mild case of cerebral palsy that I have, so I can't push them as hard as I can my upper body in a given workout).
    What I actually recommend is that you don't try to make up your own program. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, so instead of listing all the things I would change (which I really don't want to take the time to do), I recommend you follow a program that's already been developed, tried, and tested by others.

Fierce 5 has several programs here, and most people can find one that fits their needs, but there are plenty of others listed in the workout program forum stickies.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=162916931
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Looks fine if you’re just starting out, except that there’s no focus on chest. That would probably explain why your satisfied with the back development in particular.
    Well, what chest moves would you suggest? I've tried doing tons of different ones (for instance, dumbbell flies and bench presses with dumbbells) but I can never really get comfortable with the moves themselves. There was also one time a few months back when I almost dislocated my arm because I fell off a flat bench with a dumbbell in my hand; if I hadn't dropped the weight I probably would have dislocated my left arm that day.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    What are you meaning here? Why is this posing a dilemma for you? There isn’t much discernible difference between the rep ranges except for how well you progress in weight for each exercise.
    I guess I'm just having trouble deciding on the rep range. I don't want to go too light on the reps (less than 5) but I also don't want to overdo it and potentially risk injury (over 12). There's also the issue of when exactly I should increase the weight. My fitness journey so far has been a lot of trial and error.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My fitness journey so far has been a lot of trial and error.
    This is quite clear. But if it keeps you motivated to do your routine and you're happy with your progress, go for it.

Just don't expect people to give you advice on how to "improve" it when from an objective standpoint, the routine looks quite poor and is not worth "improving" when there are so many other proper programs readily available.

I almost dislocated my arm because I fell off a flat bench with a dumbbell in my hand
    That's nothing. I almost died when I fell through the ice on a frozen lake with deep water. See my post above.
    Current rankings

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess I'm just having trouble deciding on the rep range. I don't want to go too light on the reps (less than 5) but I also don't want to overdo it and potentially risk injury (over 12). There's also the issue of when exactly I should increase the weight. My fitness journey so far has been a lot of trial and error.
    Meet near the middle (ish) at 3x8 🥴

Do whatever you want. The advice and critiques you've been given is clearly not sinking in.

windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100) windowglass201 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think you should focus on a particular muscle in a day. By the way I"ll like your workout routine. It's very intense Routine for anyone.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    like the others said, there are way too many things to fix in that routine, so i don't see why you wouldn't pick a more balanced one that's proven to work. if you ever want to make your own program, you need to have a basic understanding of exercise order, muscle balance etc. and you can "find" that knowledge by searching for these actual programs

When are you planning to enter your first competition?