Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Case study of a person who ate 9 eggs daily and her LDL went >400

My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think we are finding that many health standards (not all) are very individualized and that doctors and of course each individual person, needs to be mindful of that.

I've been living abroad for years now and I am always surprised at health levels of people in the various countries I've been to that seem to contradict the "typical" American health guidelines.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always thought if you ate a high fat / high cholesterol diet AND included high intensity physical exertion, your body would make the most of it, especially in processes converting cholesterol to testosterone.

This seemed to be the case with my relatives who were farmers and ranchers.

I just assumed people that developed poor outcomes were a result of a combination of the high fat / high cholesterol diet, and low frequency of high intensity physical exertion.

But then that study you posted kind of threw that theory out the window because the study said they worked out 4x a week including resistance training. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/15/4/962

And now this egg study :-/

The silver lining is that it seems totally reversible
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's interesting to me how variable the individual results are in otherwise well-controlled studies. I would like to read more which aims to look into what makes these kinds of differences between individual people. When even just one egg has a significant amount of cholesterol, why is it that many people get away with eating even two dozen a week with no adverse effect to their bloodwork, while others seem to be sensitive to this? The actual answer to that is probably a lot more complicated than can easily be put in layman's terms, but to the extent that it can, I'm curious.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I always thought if you ate a high fat / high cholesterol diet AND included high intensity physical exertion, your body would make the most of it, especially in processes converting cholesterol to testosterone.

This seemed to be the case with my relatives who were farmers and ranchers.

I just assumed people that developed poor outcomes were a result of a combination of the high fat / high cholesterol diet, and low frequency of high intensity physical exertion.

But then that study you posted kind of threw that theory out the window because the study said they worked out 4x a week including resistance training. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/15/4/962

And now this egg study :-/

That’s not the same mechanism AFAIK… training doesn’t affect how much of your dietary cholesterol you absorb, which in the case of this person is probably way more than normal.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    It's interesting to me how variable the individual results are in otherwise well-controlled studies. I would like to read more which aims to look into what makes these kinds of differences between individual people. When even just one egg has a significant amount of cholesterol, why is it that many people get away with eating even two dozen a week with no adverse effect to their bloodwork, while others seem to be sensitive to this? The actual answer to that is probably a lot more complicated than can easily be put in layman's terms, but to the extent that it can, I'm curious.
    Mostly intestinal absorption as far as I’ve seen… different people have different affinities for reabsorption in the gut.

That being said, because eggs also have SFA, depending on intake it could be pushing the persons’ intake well over the 10% of daily calorie level which is recognized as the threshold where SFA begins to more dramatically impact LDL.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post

The other silver lining is that you can get your cholesterol tested 1-2 months after making some sort of dietary change and see if this will impact you.

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Yep, the individual variability is huge. Here's a case report that I posted before of one person eating ~25 eggs daily for 15+ years and the LDL was only 142 when measured. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...99103283241306
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    The other silver lining is that you can get your cholesterol tested 1-2 months after making some sort of dietary change and see if this will impact you.

Yep, the individual variability is huge. Here's a case report that I posted before of one person eating ~25 eggs daily for 15+ years and the LDL was only 142 when measured. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...99103283241306
    In my own experience, my 'maximum' seems to top out at around 110-120, though I've never done a ridiculously high intake of SFA or dietary cholesterol like a carnivore or KETO system.

There was a time where I was consistently drinking about 3 days a week (about 4 drinks each time), eating 3-4 whole eggs a day, not exercising as much, eating more red meat... I went in for a lipid panel the morning after a late night of drinking about 6 drinks, and I had eaten a massive cheesy burger at Midnight... my LDL got up to 115 or so if I recall correctly... thats the highest it's EVER been.

That being said, I don't think I've ever had my LDL under 85, regardless of fiber intake, cardio/training schedule, lack of SFA + Cholesterol (there was a period where my SFA was ALWAYS under 10g a day and I was eating no dietary cholesterol... for well over 3-4 months).... it just never went below that.

So for me, it almost seems like unless I was in a huge cutting deficit while ALSO doing everything right, I might just not be able to get it super low... but thankfully it never seems to go ultra high either.

I guess at the end of the day, you really can only control (1) production in your liver or (2) absorption from food... with perhaps some other secondary methods like reverse-transport playing a lesser role.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post

Yup. The individual aviation is massive. I've seen my LDL go up with just one egg yolk per day, low SFA and almost no other dietary cholesterol. I also know other people who eat 6 eggs per day with totally healthy LDL.

While high cholesterol runs in my family & I can raise mine very easily, I can get it quite low with diet for some reason. I don't eat meat, have relatively little SFA's, have a very high fiber diet, and usually no more than 3 egg yolks per week. My LDL is usually in the low 60s. When I was vegan, it was even lower.

Oddly enough, the highest my LDL ever was when I was severely malnourished from anorexia and eating barely anything at all (and certainly not much dietary cholesterol or SFA to speak of). I believe it was as high as 185! Apparently, the body tends to overproduce its own cholesterol in states of extreme starvation.