Martellix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First job as personal fitness trainer. How to begin with the new client

Hello. In next days I'll start my first job as fitness trainer and I need some advices.
    How to begin first training with new client. What kind of questions to ask and how to begin training. I have general idea what should I ask and what kind of info I need from my client. First thing first I want to know what kind of training he wants - focus on cardio/ functional/ strenght etc. Then I want to know what are his goals, what he expects from the training and how much is the client dedicated to the training - how much time he wants to spend training. Then when I get to know his goals I want to find out what are his disabilities and weaknesses so we can work on it. For example I need to know how good is clients mobility so I can choose correct exercises (if you have any tips/videos for exercises that tell me how good is clients mobility I would appreciate that). Then I can start creating training plan. Question is what is expected from me as a trainer at my first meet with client. Should we proceed to the training right after this questions that I mentioned above or take my time and create workout plan when we meet next time? The second option could be dependent on the situation (as I'll work in hotel fitness (1 time visitors) where both hotel guests and pub visitors could came in) and it also seems like waste of time for the client and this general questions could also be asked during the phone call. So what is expected from me if the client comes to me to the gym and asks me for the training. I've been training friends but all of them wanted training for hypertrophy or strenght and I'm pretty good at that as I'm preparing myself for the natural bodybuilding competition. I would also highly appreciate any source of exercises for different kind of trainings and where did you learn from.

Thanks for your time and advices. If something is not understandable excuse me, Enghlish is not my first language.

Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steron99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Martellix View Post
    Hello. In next days I'll start my first job as fitness trainer and I need some advices.
    How to begin first training with new client. What kind of questions to ask and how to begin training. I have general idea what should I ask and what kind of info I need from my client. First thing first I want to know what kind of training he wants - focus on cardio/ functional/ strenght etc. Then I want to know what are his goals, what he expects from the training and how much is the client dedicated to the training - how much time he wants to spend training. Then when I get to know his goals I want to find out what are his disabilities and weaknesses so we can work on it. For example I need to know how good is clients mobility so I can choose correct exercises (if you have any tips/videos for exercises that tell me how good is clients mobility I would appreciate that). Then I can start creating training plan. Question is what is expected from me as a trainer at my first meet with client. Should we proceed to the training right after this questions that I mentioned above or take my time and create workout plan when we meet next time? The second option could be dependent on the situation (as I'll work in hotel fitness (1 time visitors) where both hotel guests and pub visitors could came in) and it also seems like waste of time for the client and this general questions could also be asked during the phone call. So what is expected from me if the client comes to me to the gym and asks me for the training. I've been training friends but all of them wanted training for hypertrophy or strenght and I'm pretty good at that as I'm preparing myself for the natural bodybuilding competition. I would also highly appreciate any source of exercises for different kind of trainings and where did you learn from.

Thanks for your time and advices. If something is not understandable excuse me, Enghlish is not my first language.

My first questions to a new client are: What are your goals,and what does your doctor say-then go on from there.

CayleeStokes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In terms of exercises that test mobility, you could try using the Functional Movement Screen or even a basic squat test to assess your client's range of motion. As for resources, there are plenty of exercise libraries online that you can use to create workout plans tailored to your clients' needs. Just be sure to double-check that the exercises you choose are safe and appropriate for your client's fitness level and any disabilities they may have.