ProjectNudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking I need help with achieving my weight goals

I am a 19-year-old Man. I am currently at University working on my bachelor's degree. I also work at Ihop as a buser on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have University classes on Monday and Wednesday. I am having a hard time figuring out a schedule for myself. I am wanting help figuring out the days and workouts I can do to help me get leaner and more muscular. I am six foot tall and 240 pounds. I have a bench press and 150 pounds worth of weights. I am lost and have no clue on what I am doing. Can someone please help me?

artmis18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So what are your weight goals exactly? I'm gonna assume you want to lose fat.

As for working out, that's the easiest part. Just do it 30-60 minutes a day, 3-7 days a week, applying progessive overload (since you have some weights).

As for eating, calorie deficit is key. You want to eat minimum 200 calories a day less than what you burn. Eat less if you want more rapid weight loss.

Now the most important part is staying consistent. What many people do wrong is they make an unsustainable program and then 3 days later relapse because "It's too hard to follow".

Experiment with the food, balance between what you enjoy and what is healthy so you can stay consistent for longer.

And last but not least. Get Your Mind Right. If you're not willing to take care of yourself you don't deserve to be healthy and look good.

Ideally look for like minded people who are on the same journey as you. It makes a whole lot easier to crush it.
    Last edited by artmis18; 03-24-2023 at 07:22 AM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, best to start with the sticky threads. Go back 1 page, read the first post in the "Don't Look Past the Basics" sticky thread near the top of the forum, and make sure you read the other threads that are linked in that first post.

Weight loss is all about creating a consistent, moderate calorie deficit that you can stick to. "Fat Loss" is about coupling that calorie deficit with a consistent strength training program that is focused on progressive overload (lifting more weight and/or more reps over time).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    OP, best to start with the sticky threads. Go back 1 page, read the first post in the "Don't Look Past the Basics" sticky thread near the top of the forum, and make sure you read the other threads that are linked in that first post.

Weight loss is all about creating a consistent, moderate calorie deficit that you can stick to. "Fat Loss" is about coupling that calorie deficit with a consistent strength training program that is focused on progressive overload (lifting more weight and/or more reps over time).
    you are right...