Sptz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need a new program after stalling

Hi everyone,

New here and essentially still a noob in the lifting world. I've started training 2 years ago and kept using the same program, I know a lot of people will probably be aghast at the thought of sticking so long with one program but I'll give a bit of background.

I never did any sort of physical exercise, only played football (EU, not eggball :P) in elementary school. After that it was years and years of sedentary office work, gaming, etc. I've always been super lean and thin, really thin. I'm 1.85m tall and at my lowest weighed 58kg. Fast forward to 2021, at 33 I decided to start lifting, I don't know what came onto me but I've been seeing videos of oly lifters, powerlifters etc and it amped me up and I was done having 24/7 back pain, being weak etc.

My goal was to be strong not bodybuilding per say.

So, the bar by itself felt HEAVY for me, so you can understand the level of fitness I was at, I could barely squat the bar. The program I started was AlphaDestiny's Novice program: outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program.
    Before that, I spend 1-2 months just learning how to squat, how to deadlift, row, ohp, etc.

Though I did make some changes to the program to fit what I wanted as can be seen below:

Workout A

Box Squat 5×5
    Bench Press 5×5
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3×8-10
    Pendlay Row 5×5
    Barbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10
    Lying ez-bar tricep extention 3×6-10

Workout B

Box Squat 5×5
    Paused Overhead Press 5×5
    Conventional Deadlift 3×8
    Close-Grip Bench Press 3×6-8
    T-bar Row 3x8-10
    Weighted Pull-ups 3×6-8

So I made some changes, switched floor press for actual bench, trapbar for conventional, added t-bar rows, etc.

This has worked VERY well for me, I was incredibly disciplined and in close to 2 years I went from around 60kg to 83kg. Squat at 150kg, Deadlift at 160kg, Bench at 95kg, OHP at 60kg, Stiff leg at 140kg, etc. All of these are for those rep ranges, not 1RM. Still newbie ranges I'm guessing but looking back this is amazing for me, personally.

But I feel that I've stalled now, I've injured myself a couple of times, have been doing more mobility work as I feel my squats have been declining in terms of feeling good, form, etc. But I feel like I'm stuck at these numbers. The physical transformation is night and day, even though I aimed for strength, the visual transformation was actually really striking as well, which also got me even more content, but I'm now feeling frustrated being plateaued at these numbers.

Essentially, I have no idea where to go from here. There's a **** ton of programs everywhere, I have no idea what I should be doing now. I don't want to go into a pure bodybuilding type of program, I love working with the barbell, I have done lat pulldowns, etc from time to time but not any other machines. I'm inclined to stay within "powerbuilding" but I'd like to hear your personal opinions / thoughts as well.

Thanks in advance!

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on your progress. Dedication pays off! My next step would be going to an Upper/Lower program. Fierce5 is a favorite here and one to look at:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...31&pagenumber=

Sptz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Congrats on your progress. Dedication pays off! My next step would be going to an Upper/Lower program. Fierce5 is a favorite here and one to look at:
    Thank you! Gonna take a look at that!