dukehalimali is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gym Routine! Help Plz

Hey guys. I’m a newbie here .I’ve recently came home 3 weeks ago from a 2 year prison term which only involved Calisthenics maybe for 1 ur of it. , inside I was just doing 10 sets of push-ups 1 set incl. 30flat push-ups 30 incl and 30 decline push-ups for a total rep 900. Every other day 10 sets of dips and 10 sets of sit-ups @ 35-50 rep…

I’ve been in the gym for 2 1/2 weeks transitioning to a weight routine. Im there every morning except Sunday’s @ 8am for 1-2 hrs I’m usually 170-175lb on the street working. I’m currently a pretty solid 201 lbs. I’ve read Arnold’s book while doing time and kind of took a liking to his 3 day routine.

I’m currently doing
    day 1-Chest & Back
    Day 2- Arms and Shoulders
    Day 3 - Legs but Ive been including abs at least 4x a week. And I’m repeating this routine 2x and off on sundays.
    Each muscle group I try to do at least 3-4 different exercises w/ 5 sets doing 12-12-10-8-6 and I’m adding weight each time my rep drops..

I’m looking for a little help/ pointers if possible. maybe some pointers in the routine I’m using. I try to switch up my machines workouts so they’re never the same order. I’m trying to put on as much muscle mass as possible to reach a good 225, which is eventually my goal.
    I’ve been taking Creatine, daily multivitamins and I also have Bucked up pre workout which is pretty awesome. My bench max with 1 rep is only 215 and I’m doing moderately with 135-150 10-12 reps for 5 sets but I’ve hardly ever benched before this in my life. I’m getting 250 and I’ve done 275 1-2 reps on the incline press machine. And 180 no problem anywhere from 10-15 reps.

Day 1 & 4 bench press, lat pull downs, machine rows, incline press machine, bb bent over rows,

Day 2 & 5 I’m doing db curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, db lateral raises, shrugs, military press machine

Day 3 & 6 leg press machine, bb squats, leg curls - extensions, back leg extensions, lunges

These are just a variation of excel uses I do so u have an idea . Can anyone help me formulate a extreme routine . I want to transform totally esp get some abs and my traps huge as well. I love leg day it’s my favorite.

Thanks guys for any and all help it’s appreciated..

William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000) William929 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by dukehalimali View Post
    Hey guys. I’m a newbie here .I’ve recently came home 3 weeks ago from a 2 year prison term which only involved Calisthenics maybe for 1 ur of it. , inside I was just doing 10 sets of push-ups 1 set incl. 30flat push-ups 30 incl and 30 decline push-ups for a total rep 900. Every other day 10 sets of dips and 10 sets of sit-ups @ 35-50 rep…

I’ve been in the gym for 2 1/2 weeks transitioning to a weight routine. Im there every morning except Sunday’s @ 8am for 1-2 hrs I’m usually 170-175lb on the street working. I’m currently a pretty solid 201 lbs. I’ve read Arnold’s book while doing time and kind of took a liking to his 3 day routine.

I’m currently doing
    day 1-Chest & Back
    Day 3 - Legs but Ive been including abs at least 4x a week. And I’m repeating this routine 2x and off on sundays.
    Each muscle group I try to do at least 3-4 different exercises w/ 5 sets doing 12-12-10-8-6 and I’m adding weight each time my rep drops..

I’m looking for a little help/ pointers if possible. maybe some pointers in the routine I’m using. I try to switch up my machines workouts so they’re never the same order. I’m trying to put on as much muscle mass as possible to reach a good 225, which is eventually my goal.
    I’ve been taking Creatine, daily multivitamins and I also have Bucked up pre workout which is pretty awesome. My bench max with 1 rep is only 215 and I’m doing moderately with 135-150 10-12 reps for 5 sets but I’ve hardly ever benched before this in my life. I’m getting 250 and I’ve done 275 1-2 reps on the incline press machine. And 180 no problem anywhere from 10-15 reps.

Day 1 & 4 bench press, lat pull downs, machine rows, incline press machine, bb bent over rows,

Day 2 & 5 I’m doing db curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, db lateral raises, shrugs, military press machine

Day 3 & 6 leg press machine, bb squats, leg curls - extensions, back leg extensions, lunges

These are just a variation of excel uses I do so u have an idea . Can anyone help me formulate a extreme routine . I want to transform totally esp get some abs and my traps huge as well. I love leg day it’s my favorite.

Hi Everyone

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I’m currently doing
    day 1-Chest & Back

If you went from 175 to 200 and solid using just calisthenics, honestly I'd stick with them and focus more on pull-ups, dips, and high rep push and leg work for mass. If you really want to throw the weights around, do full body twice a week (some kind of squat both times) and calisthenics twice a week. You saw great progress with it so far from the sounds of it.

This dude is worth checking out.

dukehalimali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    If you went from 175 to 200 and solid using just calisthenics, honestly I'd stick with them and focus more on pull-ups, dips, and high rep push and leg work for mass. If you really want to throw the weights around, do full body twice a week (some kind of squat both times) and calisthenics twice a week. You saw great progress with it so far from the sounds of it.

This dude is worth checking out.

Thanks man I appreciate the input...He's not bad at all man, he's definitely putting in the work. It's like in a way, I hit a plateau. I could never get over maybe say 207 lbs was my max weight. I just want more, that's why I'm proud to try a weight program. I feel I can accomplish more. I feel the calisthenics I was doing just gave me stamina and not as much size..I was thinking about incorporating calisthenic training into my routine and have kind of the best of both worlds to say..if you know what I mean..

Doesn't calisthenics exercise give you more leaner muscle? Cut and ripped look?? Im aiming to bulk and gain more muscle mass.
    Is it too much to do chest and back every other day as well as arms and shoulders on every other opposite days?? For 3x a week..and add legs in there Tuesdays and Saturdays

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man I appreciate the input...He's not bad at all man, he's definitely putting in the work. It's like in a way, I hit a plateau. I could never get over maybe say 207 lbs was my max weight. I just want more, that's why I'm proud to try a weight program. I feel I can accomplish more. I feel the calisthenics I was doing just gave me stamina and not as much size..I was thinking about incorporating calisthenic training into my routine and have kind of the best of both worlds to say..if you know what I mean..

Doesn't calisthenics exercise give you more leaner muscle? Cut and ripped look?? Im aiming to bulk and gain more muscle mass.
    Is it too much to do chest and back every other day as well as arms and shoulders on every other opposite days?? For 3x a week..and add legs in there Tuesdays and Saturdays
    I do a similar approach, a mix of external resistance and bodyweight.

If mass is your goal, then hit legs and back hard in the weight room and keep up your calisthenics, go weighted if you can. Eat a lot more and take naps. Nutrition is going to be the biggest bang for your buck now.