tom365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Over 50 soreness

Hello,

I have been and avid lifter my whole life and recently hit the big 50. I noticed my chest soreness and over all soreness has intensified. Does anyone else around my age have this same issue? If so, what can I do to decrease this or does this stick with age.

Thank you,

Tom

PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100)
    thanks for the advice

paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100)
    Great post. i really like this post

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is different for me. Unless I've strained or pulled something, I'm very rarely 'sore'. How long are you waiting between lifting sessions on these body parts that get sore?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no soreness standard that applies to everyone equally, but if you're noticing a difference it may be due to age combined with wear & tear and your programming (volume, intensity, rep ranges, schedule, choice of exercises, etc.). As you get older, you may need to make adjustments in how you train but it's not a one size fits all thing.

Personally, I wake up more sore than I used to but it dissipates pretty quickly once I get up and isn't an indication that there's anything wrong. For me, brief static stretching after my workouts helps a lot with this.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    As you get older, you may need to make adjustments in how you train but it's not a one size fits all thing.
    Very true. I definitely have to manage my volume carefully.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you know your protein intake?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50) synzor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    There's no soreness standard that applies to everyone equally, but if you're noticing a difference it may be due to age combined with wear & tear and your programming (volume, intensity, rep ranges, schedule, choice of exercises, etc.). As you get older, you may need to make adjustments in how you train but it's not a one size fits all thing.

Personally, I wake up more sore than I used to but it dissipates pretty quickly once I get up and isn't an indication that there's anything wrong. For me, brief static stretching after my workouts helps a lot with this.
    That is true, the older you'll get the more adaptations you'l need to do to you workouts. I am not 50, I just hit 39, and can say I am more sore after workouts than when I was younger and recovery is slower. (Which makes sense).

work0utguy01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Very true. I definitely have to manage my volume carefully.
    I'm not over 50 (The age in the bio is just something random I guess) but I am a middle aged man. I workout with weights two to three times per week. Rest days are extremely important; even when you are younger in age.

Most people damage their bodies when they are young due to not having proper recovery days.