Registered User userTHGTZW0G7Q1's Avatar
    userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500) userTHGTZW0G7Q1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Question Only JUST realised I'm not eating enough protein, question!

Hi, I've been working out (properly) for two years now. I've definitely gained mass and muscle definition (went from 58kg to 68kg). For the past few months I've found that no matter how hard and consistent I am working out, I've stopped gaining strength AND muscle. I managed to get to 68kg and it's just simply stopped going up for the past 5 or so months. This week I found out that even if you aren't eating enough protein by a tiny amount, you wont gain any muscle at all. So this week I've started eating 400g of chicken breast per day along with rice and broccoli (split into two meals, along with my every day diet). My question is...

Will I see a big/fast increase in strength and muscle (considering I'm no longer getting stronger and bigger due to my lack of protein in my diet)?

OR

Will my strength/size just simply become uncapped and I can continue slowly seeing results.

Cheers.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are your overall calories and macros?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by userTHGTZW0G7Q1 View Post
    This week I found out that even if you aren't eating enough protein by a tiny amount, you wont gain any muscle at all. .
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your weight has indeed "simply stopped going up", but only because you haven't been eating enough food. eat 200-300 calories on top of what you're currently eating and your weight (and strength) will start increasing again

and sorry for being brutally honest, but what you said about not gaining any muscle because you're not eating enough protein is total bs. unless you're eating ridiculously low amounts of protein, you can still build muscle. also sorry for the late reply/replies, you might want to post on the actual nutrition forum instead of nutrition misc

simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100)
    As faithbrah said, you not gaining weight is due to not eating enough calories. The protein most likely isn't the issue.

There is actually only one parameter that determines if you gain or lose weight: Eat more calories than your body uses and you gain weight, eat less than it uses and you lose weight.

If a severe lack of protein really were the problem but you ate enough calories, you would still gain weight, but only fat.
    Squat PR: 365 lbs
    Bench PR: 265 lbs
    @160 lbs bodyweight