halfitalianmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clueless newbie…kind of

Hey all!

I’m hoping to get some opinions. A few years ago between 2016-2017 I lost 80 pounds. I was using Beachbody on Demand at home and also walked 30 minutes daily on the a treadmill at my Planet Fitness. Fast forward to now. I gained 50+ pounds back. Shame on me, I know but between covid anxiety and depression my mental health was at a low point.

So now, I’m ready to get back in the game but I’m trying to decide on a gym. I loved PF but they’re no longer 24/7 although they do have a couple of locations further from me that still have the 24/7. I tried Crunch which I like but don’t love. The other option is a place called World Gym. What I do know is that I want to be around a variety of people but mainly ones who are serious about their fitness. Cost is a huge factor. Plus, guest privileges and the 24/7 are almost a necessity because my teen son who has Autism wants to learn how to bodybuild. Is anyone familiar with World Gym? It doesn’t have all of the amenities as Crunch & PF but I really liked it! Any help & info is much appreciated. 😄

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The biggest thing about a gym is picking one that makes you feel most comfortable. I will actually sacrifice equipment (to a point) for another gym that I like more because of the people, staff, location, etc. If a gym has all the latest equipment but you dont feel at home there then you wont go back.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

halfitalianmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    The biggest thing about a gym is picking one that makes you feel most comfortable. I will actually sacrifice equipment (to a point) for another gym that I like more because of the people, staff, location, etc. If a gym has all the latest equipment but you dont feel at home there then you wont go back.
    Thank you for the fantastic advice. 🙂

FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Agree. The most important thing is the motivation that you feel in the gym. If you like it, then everything will work out. Many famous bodybuilders trained in the basement and achieved high results.