Thread: Muscle loss

yana99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle loss

Hello. Female 23 yrs old. Been lifting for 4 years. Put on some muscle but not a ton. Anyways, I’m gonna be going to a residential program for an eating disorder and won’t be able to do any form of weight lifting for 45-60 days. Extremely scared I will come back out with a flabby body and all muscle loss. Will I lose a significant amount of muscle not weight lifting for that long? I would hate to come back out hating my body even more than when I went in the first place

FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000) FosterWest is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Try some light workouts. Of course, some progress will be lost. But at least there will be no complete muscle atrophy and you will be able to recover fairly quickly.

verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100) verliejlewis is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by FosterWest View Post
    Try some light workouts. Of course, some progress will be lost. But at least there will be no complete muscle atrophy and you will be able to recover fairly quickly.
    you are right...

jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500) jamesrobert1997 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hi there, I can understand how you're feeling about the possibility of losing muscle during your 45-60 day stay in a residential program for an eating disorder. It's natural to feel concerned, especially since you have been lifting for four years and have put in a lot of hard work to build your muscle.

The good news is that while you may experience some muscle loss during your time away from weight lifting, it is unlikely to be significant or permanent. Your body has a natural ability to maintain muscle mass even with reduced physical activity, and as long as you continue to consume a balanced diet with sufficient protein, you can minimize muscle loss.

It's also important to focus on the positive aspects of your decision to seek treatment for your eating disorder. By taking care of your mental and physical health, you are giving yourself the opportunity to come back even stronger and more focused on your goals. Remember that your body is resilient and will respond to the care and attention you give it.