carsidio is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy should i do every set to failure

I don't know what to do anymore.
    I'm sick of workout, I tought, exercise should be energizing, not draining, exhausting and getting in my daily life ('rest days' = 'hell days' ) !

Maybe because some athlean x told everyone, that they should do every set to failure, and that's what i did.
    Every set, i push to failure. So i can do only 3 of them.
    I do only 2 times in week workout, because it's that exhausting.

https : // athleanx. com / articles/ should-you-train-to-failure

So from this article, i really do TECHNIQUE FAILURE
    i do as much i can keep my form, and most of time, i can't due to exhaustion.
    I can't just 'do more' if i do that, i will be unable to perform my daily work days after it, i tought exercise should be energizing not exausting, this make it another work after already exhausting work day. My body get irritable, and i can't think, as i work where i mostly use thinking, this really destroy my thinking, and i can't even work at all.

i see how good his advice is.
    or if this is this strenght training, maybe i should just stop doing this, and recommend me what i should do, to still get same level of adrenalin rush.
    Thing i like from strenght training is when i do workout, i get high heart pulse even days after workout, meaning, i get that adrenaline in blood. I don't really know what other workouts can induce similar things, and which dont take long to finish?

I know i haven't made a lot of progress, maybe, but i'm happy, i do strenght training only for mentioned adrenaline rush that last for few days, but it's exhausting and want to stop doing this, and do some other form of exercise which is more energizing for days after workout. Help me

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    An adrenaline rush lasts for seconds to minutes so I don't know what you think you're experiencing. You have to decide what your training before deciding how to train. It's not clear from your post.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Going to failure on a deadlift requires a lot more energy than going to failure on a lateral raise. Maybe your exercise selection is an issue? What program are you following?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Short answer without more context is "no". You absolutely do not (and should not) take every set to failure. For most people working to within 1-3 reps of failure will provide sufficient stimulation for muscle growth.

The reason you're likely having issues with exhaustion is precisely due to you taking your sets to failure, which negatively impacts the rest of your workout AND your ability to recover.

This is not to say that occasionally taking a set to failure isn't beneficial.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to figure out what your exercise goal is, and then choose both your specific discipline & method of training to achieve that goal. Regardless, it sounds like what you're currently doing isn't working for you physically or mentally, so you definitely should change something - and not base your entire training philosophy on one article by one fitness influencer.

It's sounds to me like your purpose for exercising is the release of endorphins (what you call "adrenaline"). If that's correct, you can engage in any type of cardiovascular or strength activity to get that feeling. Maybe pick something simple like jogging, biking or tennis, that you're less likely to overdo.

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I enjoyed your article about "failure".

And, I also experience a "rush" during my workouts and a kind of feel good "beer buzz" for a couple hours after. (It's one of the things that keep me going back for more.) But my pulse / heart rate returns to normal almost immediately after.

But what you're experiencing? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask have you seen a doctor lately? Had a check up? Stress test?

You imply you've a demanding job. Are you getting enough sleep? Nutrition? Even though you only work out twice a week it sounds like you're just not recovering? Until then back off a bit ... before you redefine "failure".
    joe Henry

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can go to failure, sure. It's simple to program, takes less time, tells you where you stand on exercises, should be done with a light to mid weight though so you have the strength to dismount at the end of the set. The fatigue's greater because it takes more out of you per set, so it might keep you out of the running a longer amount of time than a higher volume approach. Certain exercises don't work with it as well, squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc so I wouldn't say it's a perfect solution. But if you don't have resources available like a public gym's, pressed for time during the week, it makes some sense to at least try out and see if you like training to failure and keeping volume and frequency lower. Some swear by it, but when I used it I didn't develop much, it was just something I did for convenience.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

NaturalNobhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by carsidio View Post
    I don't know what to do anymore.
    I'm sick of workout, I tought, exercise should be energizing, not draining, exhausting and getting in my daily life ('rest days' = 'hell days' ) !

Maybe because some athlean x told everyone, that they should do every set to failure, and that's what i did.
    Every set, i push to failure. So i can do only 3 of them.
    I do only 2 times in week workout, because it's that exhausting.

https : // athleanx. com / articles/ should-you-train-to-failure

So from this article, i really do TECHNIQUE FAILURE
    i do as much i can keep my form, and most of time, i can't due to exhaustion.
    I can't just 'do more' if i do that, i will be unable to perform my daily work days after it, i tought exercise should be energizing not exausting, this make it another work after already exhausting work day. My body get irritable, and i can't think, as i work where i mostly use thinking, this really destroy my thinking, and i can't even work at all.

i see how good his advice is.
    or if this is this strenght training, maybe i should just stop doing this, and recommend me what i should do, to still get same level of adrenalin rush.
    Thing i like from strenght training is when i do workout, i get high heart pulse even days after workout, meaning, i get that adrenaline in blood. I don't really know what other workouts can induce similar things, and which dont take long to finish?

I know i haven't made a lot of progress, maybe, but i'm happy, i do strenght training only for mentioned adrenaline rush that last for few days, but it's exhausting and want to stop doing this, and do some other form of exercise which is more energizing for days after workout. Help me
    What I prefer to do is perform a set pyramid of 5 sets decreasing in reps and increasing in weight and then perform a 6th set with a lighter weight, around the same weight as the first set, to complete failure, that way you don't fatigue straight away and can get more volume in but you can fully tax the muscle at the end. Try it out, worked for me.
    Last edited by NaturalNobhead; 02-09-2023 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Typo