Thread: Hyundai Ioniq 5

LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000) LishiLish is a complete loser! (-2000)

Hyundai Ioniq 5

If you’re finding car design lumpy, bland and timid these days, stand back and take notice of the Hyundai Ioniq 5. It’s so innovative even architects like it.

The creases and angles reference origami. Shadows and contrasting paint colors create illusions and play tricks with dimension and perspective.

A wide band across the front is the stylish home for the headlights and calls up the image of a scrappy Belted Kingfisher.

Finally, a new car that’s fun to describe.

Inside the vibe is cool and uncluttered like a home profiled in Architectural Digest where the owners don’t own a lamp a book or any window coverings. Nor do they appear to eat.

On top of all that, it’s all-electric. The unplug-and-go lifestyle is yours if you’re willing to relate months to get one.

There are five trim levels of the Ioniq 5 with a driving range spanning 354 km to 488 km determined by two available battery sizes.

My test vehicle was the Ioniq 5 Preferred Long Range with AWD and the Ultimate options package. The bigger battery and extended range, and the addition of the many Ultimate features including remote parking assist, sliding center console, and advanced Heads-Up Display with augmented reality. It was $61,824 when I tested it in May.

The Ioniq 5 has been a smash hit for Hyundai, selling out whenever a new allotment is released. People will pay for dazzle when it includes practicality and good performance.

Inside that hipster cool interior is abundant space. Though described as a compact SUV, the interior is airy and bright as a conservatory, with generous headroom, good visibility and a useful amount of storage space. A clever feature allows the backseat to move on fixed to rails so it can be pushed forward to accommodate extra cargo.

The seating position is high which will please those who like an SUV’s ergonomics. Front seats also recline and a footrest pops out for times when one might need a meditative break.

In the back passengers are treated to lavish space and light. The roomy real estate is not surprising since the Ioniq 5 has a longer wheelbase than the big 3-row Hyundai Palisade.

The super-decluttered dashboard functions well but I missed a knob to control heating and cooling. The single knob on the dash is for volume control, but otherwise one uses touch screen controls for most functions.

While driving, performance can be altered by choosing Eco, Normal, or Sport modes. I found Normal to be the best position. Horsepower ranges from 168 to a top speed of 320 depending on the model chosen. As with all-electric cars, power is instantaneous and torque-rich, propelling the Ioniq 5 from 0 to 100 km in 5.1 seconds.

The smooth ride and balanced handling are welcome particularly with spotty road maintenance in so many places. Steering was crisp but rather clinical.

By driving sensibly and mindfully, and using brake regeneration to recharge the battery, one could likely get by on one charge a week in an urban setting. I don’t have any way to charge at home so instead used a free public charger and left the Ioniq 5 overnight to top up to full range. The Level 2 charger found in most public locations will charge the vehicle in about 6 hours and 40 minutes. The rare and super expensive Level 3 fast charger does the job in a mind-boggling 17 minutes.

The Ioniq 5 is not without its oddities. The flush door handles while adding to the aerodynamic pizzazz of the Ioniq 5 were awkward to use. The omission of rear window wipers is puzzling and a potential annoyance for winter driving.

In most places, I stopped people who admired the bold looks of the Ioniq 5 but asked how long the battery would last. Hyundai covers the battery under an 8 year, 160,000 warranty and expects no more than a 70 percent degradation of the battery during the warranty period.

So, the buzz about the award-winning Ioniq 5 is electric. But customers will just have to be patient as demand is high and supply is short.

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi ChatGPT

Ioniq 6 is even better it seems

darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I want that Kia GT
    rumpler of stiltskins

"I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer" - Thy Art Is Murder

"Life will cease so breathe deep" - Lorna Shore

EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdwardTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like it...looks like something Lancia would build as a "futuristic prototype" in the 80's for their Delta

FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
    I want that Kia GT
    id also drive it
    Former
    *Combat veteran crew*
    *US Army crew Abn11B*
    *Knee Draggers Unite*
    *Leo crew*
    *Chocobo crew*

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    62k? I'm out.
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Imagine paying 62 grand for a lousy Hyundai just for some 15-year old ghetto kid to steal it.

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All EVs are expensive af unless they're heavily subsidized or the maker is pricing too low and losing money

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    Imagine paying 62 grand for a lousy Hyundai just for some 15-year old ghetto kid to steal it.
    Doesn't that only apply to vehicles that still use keys?

YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Crazy to say, but the new Prius ****s all over the Ionic and most new mid range EV's in terms of styling.

Toyota absolutely banged it out the park. Can't wait for those crazy Japs to mod the **** out of them.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes the new Prius looks pretty good, not Ioniq 5 good but it’s actually worth what they’re charging.

62k for a Hyundai… come on people, holy chit lmao.
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YungSodomy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The Ioniq 5 is not traditionally good looking in any sense. It's more aesthetically pleasing in terms of being outside the box (literal srs) in comparison to its competitors. Basically it's going to age like chit and be looked at like a mass produced Delorean in 30 years...with only a handful of cult followers.

Prius, on the other hand, is traditionally good looking, forward thinking, and matches in terms of aerodynamic and performance efficiency. Form > Function lolwut why not have both?

Stanced out Prius' at Tokyo Auto Salon are going to ****ing cause heads to roll. This ain't your ww2 grampa's dumpling sedan anymore. The front end is literally what the Supra SHOULD have been. Instead those cucks got a rebadged Z4 lmao.

HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HarryfromCali has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know someone that bought this car and they paid a little less than 70k for it, I drove it and I didn't see the appeal for something I'd pay that much for... Would rather have a Prius or something that might actually be worth the money, not some overpriced Hyundai
    Sloots gonna sloot
    RIP ZYZZ, Greg Plitt
    Say no to lefty snowflakes crew
    Meat-eating crew, leaf eaters GTFO
    Pureblood Crew

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    62k? I'm out.
    Get a Tesla 3 if you must get an EV and keep the change LOL.