swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swolefnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Any business analysts here?

Currently working in FP&A but it's so boring and monotonous the monthly grind. Was wondering if business analyst is more fun/challenging. What certs do you need, etc?
    Was thinking about going back to school to get my CPA but don't think it's worth it if I'm planning to pivot towards business analysis.
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience."

- Julius Caesar

Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gayford has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by swolefnatic View Post
    Currently working in FP&A but it's so boring and monotonous the monthly grind. Was wondering if business analyst is more fun/challenging. What certs do you need, etc?
    Was thinking about going back to school to get my CPA but don't think it's worth it if I'm planning to pivot towards business analysis.
    I do a lot of integrations and support for data analyst depts, and have worked with many analytic teams to integrated data from various systems and outside partners.

Are you looking to primarily do data analytics?

Tableau, PowerBI, SQL and you are pretty much gold. Work on creating useful dashboards and harvesting actionable data. Everything after that will put you in a more advanced category. Things like Restful API usage and Python for more advanced data break down. Maybe some Azure experience working with data factory and storage. Those would help you get more premium wages.

Really it is not that complicated of a job with basic understanding of data warehouse designs and relational data. Also if you are working with a team that has clear goals.

I have considered getting a Master in Data Science but haven't been able to commit.
    *Texas Crew*