livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulking/cutting...question on nutrition

I have done 3 bulk/cut cycles now and am just not impressed with where im at. When i cut i get too skinny. When i bulk and try to get bigger and stronger i quickly add fat which makes me hesitant to increase cals so i end up stalling fast. Im 42. 6’ 177 lbs atm. I had cut to 165. Was eating 1900 cals. By the time i increased to 2300 i had already gained noticeable fat on my abs but i kept going now eating 2500 and can barely see my abs. Yet im only just over 10 lbs heavier and not sure if any of it is muscle. How are ppl so successful bulking and cutting with limited fat gain? I se guys cutting on 1800 cals then bulking with 3500 cals with very little fat gain. Yet here i am eating just over 2000 and gaining fat. I track macros. Eat 1g protein per lb bodyweight, fats around 25% total cals, rest is cArbs. Are the carbs just messing up my insulin causing me to store fat?? Do the diets where u basically low carb a few days then have a carb day then low carb a few more days then high carb work?? Just not sure what to do at this point.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your training is probably pretty poor if you’re too skinny at 165 and too fat at 177. But yes, you’re going to gain some fat on a bulk.

And where do you “see” guys bulking hard with very little fat gain, in person or on YT fitness channels?

livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Your training is probably pretty poor if you’re too skinny at 165 and too fat at 177. But yes, you’re going to gain some fat on a bulk.

And where do you “see” guys bulking hard with very little fat gain, in person or on YT fitness channels?
    Im not fat by any means i just feel my abs have faded alot for just a 10-12 lb weight gain. Trainingwise i do full body 3x per week. Following HST at the moment but will probably switch to something more strength focused after these next few weeks

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Im not fat by any means i just feel my abs have faded alot for just a 10-12 lb weight gain. Trainingwise i do full body 3x per week. Following HST at the moment but will probably switch to something more strength focused after these next few weeks
    Then gain your 10-12 lbs slower. Trainingwise either your lifts are going up or they’re not. If your lifts are going up and your muscles are getting bigger, then your faded abs will be less traumatic for you.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please post pictures, your weight in each picture, and the date of each picture.

Preferably post pictures at the top of your bulks, and the bottom of your cuts.

This is the easiest, fastest, most reliable way to give you the advice you need.

Use imgbb.com if you're having problems uploading photos.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you're 42 years old and muscle gain will be slow/minimal at your age. I started training seriously at 43, and I probably added around 8 lbs of muscle my first year training, about 4-5 lbs the next, about 2 the next, and now its probably less than 1lb a year (if that).

That 10-12 lb weight gain should take you 10-12 months, and figure at least half (if not more) will be fat.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    OP, you're 42 years old and muscle gain will be slow/minimal at your age. I started training seriously at 43, and I probably added around 8 lbs of muscle my first year training, about 4-5 lbs the next, about 2 the next, and now its probably less than 1lb a year (if that).

That 10-12 lb weight gain should take you 10-12 months, and figure at least half (if not more) will be fat.
    Why hasnt muscle memory worked for me tho. Cuz i was way bigger and stronger in the past. I cant seem to regain any of that size and strength. I bulk and get fat with almost no muscle gain or strength then i cut and look ridiculously skinny. My lifts are stuck in the intermiate numbers. Im at the point ive put on enough fat i should cut again

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12 lb fluctucations is just yo yo dieting.

Why hasnt muscle memory worked for me tho. Cuz i was way bigger and stronger in the past. I cant seem to regain any of that size and strength. I bulk and get fat with almost no muscle gain or strength then i cut and look ridiculously skinny. My lifts are stuck in the intermiate numbers. Im at the point ive put on enough fat i should cut again
    With age it depends on how active you are outside of your training. People typically have more regularized focus and drive when they are younger.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    12 lb fluctucations is just yo yo dieting.

With age it depends on how active you are outside of your training. People typically have more regularized focus and drive when they are younger.
    What do u mean yo yo dieting? Whats the fix ?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do u mean yo yo dieting? Whats the fix ?
    Your body stores a lot of water for energy processing and it accounts for up to 15 lbs body weight. Cutting often entails fluctuating water weight, which happens extremely more quickly than fat gain or fat loss for most anybody.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, back to your original post I think you have a very unrealistic view of what bulking and cutting does. Jeff Nippard is one of the best guys I've found for breaking down the science of training and nutrition into laymans terms. Look at this and tell me again how guys bulk without gaining fat? Now, if you're following a bunch of folks online that aren't natty, thats a completely different ballgame.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnxGE1tp..._web_copy_link
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.