absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50) absf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question How Should I Go Aout Transitioning from DB to BB Bench?

The reason I ask this is because my BB bench is pretty bad. To put in perspective, I can rep 135, but my pr is 140. My DB bench is 60 in each hand, so it's only 15 pounds less than my bb bench. I was wondering if there's anything I should know when I transition. I'd assume my bb bench is low due to the fact that I don't BB bench at all. I'd say my form is fine, as when I do DB bench, I do what people recommend for BB bench (knees at 90 degrees, rest on shoulders, I use more leg drive on my final reps, etc), I keep my arms at roughly shoulder width, and I control the weight going both up and down. I don' think I'm missing anything, but I'm open to suggestions if I am.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your elbows should be tucked in on a barbell bench press (elbows should not flare out to your sides at 90 degrees) so that when you lower the bar it comes down to mid-chest area, and the bar path during the press up is actually at an angle upwards to end up over your shoulders.

This is a pretty good summary of how it should look:

https://www.trainuntamed.com/bench-press-bar-path/

It really just comes down to being more proficient by doing it more often. If you want to squat better then squat more, if you want to deadlift better then deadlift more, same goes for bench press.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no "transition". People do both, they're 2 different exercises. Your form sounds like it's likely subpar for both tbh.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by absf View Post
    I do what people recommend for BB bench (knees at 90 degrees, rest on shoulders, I use more leg drive on my final reps, etc)
    Who recommends this?

Originally Posted by absf View Post
    I keep my arms at roughly shoulder width
    No.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16