Pukkatti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Guidance - Progress so far, need motivation + idea's

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 175lbs

I have been working out on and off for 10 years, made a little progress then lost motivation and stopped and lost it again. I had a moment and decided to hit it hard and push through no matter what this time and keep better track of my progress to maintain records of gains for motivation

See profile image.

Left image: 16th September 2022
    Right image: 27th December 2022
    > Almost 3.5 months apart

My weight has stayed pretty consistent between 175-180lbs but I'm noticing I'm getting lean so I gather I'm losing fat (I classify as skinny fat) but gaining muscle.

At 175lbs I aim daily for:
    175g Protein
    325g Carbs

I seperate my meals to 30-40g protein every 2 hours then a 50g protein after final workout to maximize glycogen stores.

I am prescribed to ******** (20mg ER) which seems to give me the mental focus and push but eating is difficult but I still manage to hit the macros everyday.

I predominantly work out my chest and arms as they were always parts I were self conscious about but now they're filling out I'm doing more compound exercises in a hypertrophy training routine. I've never been a person who can commit to an hour continually in the gym due to my ADD but I have found a method that works for me. I have made a home gym in the garage with Smith machine and dumbells. I work from home so I generally go in the garage every hour through the day and do a 10 minute workout (4 exercises for 1 set) which ultimately through the day equals 8 visits into the gym, so 80 minutes of total workout time. It's not ideal as you can't stress your body as much as I'd like but it does make the whole process far more sustainable and enjoyable for me. The main thing I've noticed by doing this routine is my body is always pumped.

Any comments on my methods, progress or guidance on how I can focus on getting rid of my pear shape?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Progress is decent, and while your routine may not be optimal, the best routine is the one you can stick to. If the way you do it keeps you active and lifting than it's better than nothing by far. You don't really look pear shaped to me, but more lat work like pull ups and lat pull downs, and shoulder work will give a wider upper body appearance, the inverted triangle shape, most people want.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823