Registered Timmy climberFROMmars's Avatar
    climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Critique my routine pls

Alright so I have been training on and off kind of casually for my whole life. I have read a ton over the years, I have been given advice from personal trainers, read all kinds of magazine articles.. and I have more or less a grasp on what to do. Though I'm hoping to get a little guidance from the community

Anyway for now, this is just kind of a rough routine that im using just to start out for the first couple of months or so. Any little tips or just a thumbs up to keep it going is appreciated

One of the things i dont want to do is a weekly cycle (ie every monday is chest day etc) I dont want to wait a whole week to do a muscle again.. i feel like it wont hurt to do a little extra. Originally i was just gonna do three days with no rest, shoulders/tris, chest, back/bis or something, just on a straight three day cycle.. with leg stuff sprinkled in just depending on how they feel.

Another thing to mention is i do cardio before every workout, usually 20 or 30 mins depending on how much time i have. if i have more time i will try to do 40.

now i have been going for almost three weeks now and although i said i didnt plan to do rest days i have done two but not my choice, one day i had to work late and was strapped for time and the other day i stayed out a little too late the night before, if you catch my drift

until the other day when i had went in on day 4 so the start of the cycle and tried to do shoulders and tris and just couldnt do it.. my arms were still dead even though it had been 3 days since i last did those muscles.

so i decided i have to throw a rest day in there. basically i have settled on shoulders/tris, back/bis, chest, then rest.. however on the rest day i will do some cardio and possibly a little legs depending on how theyre feeling, maybe just an hour of cardio, idk.

is this a decent format? should i run with it for a little while or should i be more careful?

also a thing i wanted to mention/ask is that i feel like i can almost do biceps every second day.. like they heal faster than my tris. is this normal?

thanks in advance
    cheers people
    Make misc great again

If anyone's going to waste my time, it's going to be me

Cable TV crew

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So you only train legs if you feel like it? Otherwise, it's cardio and upper only with as few rest days as possible?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by climberFROMmars View Post
    Alright so I have been training on and off kind of casually for my whole life. I have read a ton over the years, I have been given advice from personal trainers, read all kinds of magazine articles.. and I have more or less a grasp on what to do.
    There’s no program there at all, and you do sound like someone who’s been training on and off kind of casually your whole life who feels that they more or less have a grasp on what to do.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Assign each muscle group 1-3 colors from this list: gold, brown, orange, red, black, pink, green, blue, yellow. Call this number: 1-918-596-8737. It will give you random colors each day. Work out the corresponding muscle group for the colors.

That number is for people under judicial supervision to call each morning. Those people are assigned a color. If their color is called they have to take a drug screen.
    Current rankings

EliKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerantLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Weasel
    Steffo9: Ferret
    MarkT: Snapping turtle
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearsOfIc: Fox
    Paulinkanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wolf

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol @ legs when I feel like it

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where's the routine?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Feedback.

It's not good.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Prologue: I remember years ago when I first started working out and posting here I went out and put together a program all on my own. I thought it through very thoroughly and was very proud of myself when I'd finished. I made a new thread about it and asked for people to critique it in the title. I expected for the most part people would approve of it and might offer tiny suggestions to improve on it.

What I got was people telling me it was awful and I needed to scrap it completely and pick up a pre-made program which was created by someone who was an expert in the weightlifting/strength training or bodybuilding field.

I was upset and annoyed at the time, however it was sound advice. They were right. My program sucked, I did not know what I was doing and if I'd followed it I wouldn't have made any significant long-term gains.

Ask yourself this: Do you know more than [...] anyone who has studied strength and hypertrophy training for years and has had countless more years of empirical evidence to refine their knowledge on how to make progress in the gym? (The answer is, of course, "no").
    Here are some novice programs that work well. They get hard once you start moving serious weight, which happens quickly if you are consistent and patient.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=162916931

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...6216941&page=1

https://saynotobroscience.com/gzclp-infographic/
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here you go.

https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo...aining-secrets

^^^
    Here’s everything you need to know. No bs from PTs or bro science ect.

A novice program would be good
    Or a basic upper lower

climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500) climberFROMmars is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dont mean like, legs when i feel like i mean when theyre not sore. as in as much as possible just not as much on a strict schedule. for example, if i do leg press on my back and bi day i may not wait again til back and bi day to do it again.. let's say the following shoulder day they feel good/healed again, i will go ahead and do them again rather than waiting an extra day for the sake of sticking to a rigid plan

thank you for the more serious answers i will read into them as soon as i have a little time

take care all
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

ok so like, basically what you guys are saying.. is that a type of, three days off one day off routine is not good? can anyone explain to me why it's not good? am i not leaving enough days for each muscle to heal? do i really need a dedicated leg day? when i have some time im gonna go through all those links that were suggested and it's very likely i will adopt one of the programs in a few weeks or so, but for now this is what im doing. i like it and it seems to be working.

i want to say thanks again for the responses, even the not serious ones hehe.. appreciate all of you taking the time out of your day to read my post and respond to it, for real. take care people

also.. looking back on my post i never mentioned anything about doing legs "when i feel like it". i pacifically said i would do leg stuff depending on how THEY feel, as in whether they are sore or not. dont know where 'legs when i feel like it' came from

later
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Usually, a person asking for program critique lists exercises, sets, reps, intensity, progression, etc. You just made a blog entry and expect people to dig through that crap.

And yes, it does sound like you do legs when you feel like doing them. That sounds like what you do for everything.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok so like, basically what you guys are saying.. is that a type of, three days off one day off routine is not good? can anyone explain to me why it's not good? am i not leaving enough days for each muscle to heal? do i really need a dedicated leg day? when i have some time im gonna go through all those links that were suggested and it's very likely i will adopt one of the programs in a few weeks or so, but for now this is what im doing. i like it and it seems to be working.
    No one said any of that at all, it's kind of clear you don't understand programming or even what a program is.

That being said, if you like what you're doing and you feel it's working for you, keep doing until it you feel it's not. No need to ask for a critique if you don't really want it. No one cares to argue with you about how crappy your "program" is.

you guys are funny

appreciated, once again
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The routine you should choose is dependent on your level of advancement.

Novice - under a year of proper training and diet. Full body novice, all pros, fierce 5

Intermediate- a few years of real training. Too strong for standard fb. At or nearing a 225b, 315s, 405 dl. Upper/lower setup. Lyles gbr, f5 ul

Inter/advanced- 3-4 years of training. Phat, F5 ULPPL, higher volumes, slightly lower frequency. More split up to better survive the work outs

Hope that helps.

Go back to the Misc.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't see a routine, no reps, sets, exercises, days of the week each muscle is to be trained, etc. Not enough information for a constructive critique, imo.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    The routine you should choose is dependent on your level of advancement.

Novice - under a year of proper training and diet. Full body novice, all pros, fierce 5

Intermediate- a few years of real training. Too strong for standard fb. At or nearing a 225b, 315s, 405 dl. Upper/lower setup. Lyles gbr, f5 ul

Inter/advanced- 3-4 years of training. Phat, F5 ULPPL, higher volumes, slightly lower frequency. More split up to better survive the work outs

Hope that helps.
    Listen, again, i appreciate the response.. that is a good summary man, it kind of puts things into perspective. thanks a lot. ill be honest, i dont completely understand it but i think by the time i have gotten to that intermediate stage it will make more sense.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Go back to the Misc.
    im workin on it
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

alright so i'm gonna do a little update

i know it seems like the majority of people here are not really interested in "digging through my blog post".. and that's all fine and dandy, but for that one person out there who is interested in my little journey and might want to know how things are working out, i'm going to give a little update about my progress. a few events have transpired since starting my routine, or maybe an event i should say.

so, my whole plan of working out like crazy.. during a 4 day routine, training for 3 days, taking one day of cardio and then starting over, i don't think it really works. i'll tell you why. let's say i do shoulder and tri's on day 1, i go through the days and day 5 comes, so i start over again at day 1.. well, wouldn't you know my shoulders and tri's are still sore. as in, three days is not enough rest to work them again.

so i am thinking, add another cardio day in there and turn it into a five day routine. three days of weights, two days of cardio, then start over. i've actually also been mulling over the idea of, weights for two days, cardio day, then the last weights day, then another cardio, then restart. so two days on, one off, one on, one off, then restart

other than that i'm happy with the way things are going. i feel healthy and stronger and look better.. and of course, no injuries. i've had a few days where my knees hurt a little, from the leg presses i believe so i dropped the weight a little and it's not so bad. still, i'm gonna be paying close attention to my knees during leg exercises. the last thing i want is a leg injury
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why don't you just do UL or PPL?

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Why don't you just do UL or PPL?
    i will look into it. thank you for the suggestion
    Make misc great again

Cable TV crew

alright so i'm gonna do a little update

i know it seems like the majority of people here are not really interested in "digging through my blog post".. and that's all fine and dandy, but for that one person out there who is interested in my little journey and might want to know how things are working out, i'm going to give a little update about my progress. a few events have transpired since starting my routine, or maybe an event i should say.

so, my whole plan of working out like crazy.. during a 4 day routine, training for 3 days, taking one day of cardio and then starting over, i don't think it really works. i'll tell you why. let's say i do shoulder and tri's on day 1, i go through the days and day 5 comes, so i start over again at day 1.. well, wouldn't you know my shoulders and tri's are still sore. as in, three days is not enough rest to work them again.

so i am thinking, add another cardio day in there and turn it into a five day routine. three days of weights, two days of cardio, then start over. i've actually also been mulling over the idea of, weights for two days, cardio day, then the last weights day, then another cardio, then restart. so two days on, one off, one on, one off, then restart

other than that i'm happy with the way things are going. i feel healthy and stronger and look better.. and of course, no injuries. i've had a few days where my knees hurt a little, from the leg presses i believe so i dropped the weight a little and it's not so bad. still, i'm gonna be paying close attention to my knees during leg exercises. the last thing i want is a leg injury
    Update: Still no program for a critique.