Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Any career options/school without complicated math?

I'm currently in Physical Therapy Assistant (one step down from a PT) think of a Physicians assistant in comparison

My concern is insurance companies are clamping down on reimbursement and while inflation goes up our salaries are decreasing, both PTA / PT

While it was a pretty demanding degree it did not require a lot of math. I want to look into a tech degree or training of some sort, something where at least I can maybe make 100k, hell even 80K one day but I'm pretty afraid of math in general, I barely passed college algebra/precalc class despite studying hours a day and tutoring. I did OK in some other classes but it always depending on the teacher, if they were willing to work and explain things a lot I could do OK, same in highschool. If they fly through things at a rapid pace I'd get lost and fall behind, and spend hours studying trying to keep up

It's really concerning because I accept that anything worthwhile requires hard work, math, etc but despite my efforts I've been very inconsistent with it. I do wonder if I could overcome it but also have a fear that I'm just not on an intellectual level to process and succeed with mathematics inherently

I'm not sure if I should just stick things out or go for something else

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of positions in finance honestly. Get your series 7 and 63/whatever and grow from there. Foot in the door and a lot of room to grow and move.

I have met tons of people I work with that came from non-finance related backgrounds. I did as well.
    Last edited by Firefightn24; 01-11-2023 at 08:28 AM.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    A lot of positions in finance honestly. Get your series 7 and 63/whatever and grow from there. Foot in the door and a lot of room to grow and move.

I have met tons of people I work with that came from non-finance related backgrounds. I did as well.
    tell me more, selling securities?

Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since you're already in medicine, nursing or rad tech. Both would easily get you to $80k easily and quick.
    Early AM workout crew.
    Holy crap dude, Satan's huge crew.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    accounting and finance, that's the field I'm in and I've never been great at math.

you're not going to earn 80K right off the bat though, but the sky is the limit on your options there
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Azrairc View Post
    tell me more, selling securities?
    Essentially. A common place to start if you end up in a licensed role is financial services rep. Most firms will pay you as you go through the licensing process. When I did it I had 4 weeks paid study time for the SIE, 4 weeks paid study time for the Series 7, and 1 week for the Series 63. Many people don't pass... less than half of the 30ish people I was hired with passed. You'll be let go if you don't, but my firm allows you to look for other positions that don't require licenses. Not sure if they all do that, but they should. They (the firm) pay a lot of money to get people licensed... plus your salary and benefits.

It is kind of a grind for some people. It was for me since I had not done that type of work before. Almost like a right of passage. Inbound call center type stuff. You will be trading for people but most of the calls are BS. You get some experience in the industry in such a role and then move on from there. Some people like the broker position and stay in that, and many move into different departments and roles altogether. Finance is a huge industry with tons of positions to get into.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    Since you're already in medicine, nursing or rad tech. Both would easily get you to $80k easily and quick.
    Definitely crossed my mind, but I haven't been a PTA for too long yet and figured I should see what happens before jumping ship
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    accounting and finance, that's the field I'm in and I've never been great at math.

you're not going to earn 80K right off the bat though, but the sky is the limit on your options there
    I'd like to do CPA as I've heard it's great career and MBA is a waste in comparison, but seems pretty mathematical

Originally Posted by Firefightn24 View Post
    Essentially. A common place to start if you end up in a licensed role is financial services rep. Most firms will pay you as you go through the licensing process. When I did it I had 4 weeks paid study time for the SIE, 4 weeks paid study time for the Series 7, and 1 week for the Series 63. Many people don't pass... less than half of the 30ish people I was hired with passed. You'll be let go if you don't, but my firm allows you to look for other positions that don't require licenses. Not sure if they all do that, but they should. They (the firm) pay a lot of money to get people licensed... plus your salary and benefits.

It is kind of a grind for some people. It was for me since I had not done that type of work before. Almost like a right of passage. Inbound call center type stuff. You will be trading for people but most of the calls are BS. You get some experience in the industry in such a role and then move on from there. Some people like the broker position and stay in that, and many move into different departments and roles altogether. Finance is a huge industry with tons of positions to get into.
    That is interesting, could it be achieved with self study? Is the job reliant on selling commissions like some Wolf of wallstreet boiler room stuff

dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That is interesting, could it be achieved with self study? Is the job reliant on selling commissions like some Wolf of wallstreet boiler room stuff
    Yes. You can do it with self-study and yes you are reliant on commission. You're basically a real-estate agent.

I'd like to do CPA as I've heard it's great career and MBA is a waste in comparison, but seems pretty mathematical
    If you suck at math, you will probably suck as a CPA. The math isn't hard but you are deal with numbers and basic math all day.