Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I am still alive bitches...

Howdy folks thanks for the well wishes and the funny comments. You fukkers are an awesome bunch.

Here is a brief synopsis of my journey so far if anyone gives a sh!t.

Day 1, woke up feeling nauseated (very strange for me) worked out and went fishing

Day 2. Felt off, went fishing

Day 3, 4 & 5 were pretty damn miserable, not something I want to revisit anytime soon or ever. Fever, chills, sore everything etc..(The worse flu ever x 10) Had the wood stove up on cremate but still couldn’t get warm and shook so hard in bed at night that I had to straighten pictures in the morning.

Day 6 onward, mostly in the snot locker, like a really bad sinus infection, nose ran like a tap for half a day, I never saw anything like that. Blowing it did no good whatsoever, I just had to keep a rag under my nose and let it run. That only lasted about 12 hours, thankfully. after that the nasal congestion reduced a bit (bonus).

On day 10 now and I am still testing positive, I don't have much energy and it’s like a really bad head cold/sinus thing atm. I don’t want to jinx myself, but I never lost taste or smell as of yet and no issues with a loss of appetite either.

To try and fight this thing I ate my face off, not junk but I never counted macros and went well over on fats and carbs, I also drank an insane amount of water and a couple of mugs of Chagga tea daily.

I am not big on pills so I took Tablespoons of honey multiple times daily to suppress the cough and help the throat. (it worked) Also took a 12 hour expectorant twice a day to make sure nothing settled on my chest (it worked) and Tylenol as required (probably took a dozen overall)

I also jumped in the rain locker a lot. The hot water and steam seemed to keep me clear and made breathing easier and I jumped in the fart sack anytime I felt like it slept more than I was awake, I was pretty much like one of those kids dolls, lay them down and their eyes closed. I couldn’t stay awake laying down.

Overall, so far I think I did much better than some folks and I'm thankful for that.. I am not ready to resume my normal activities and will be taking it easy until I know this fukker has hit the high road, I don’t want any setbacks, I already missed too many days fishing lol.

Once I test negative, I will probably take a couple of weeks off from the gym to ensure that I don’t give this bitch to anyone else in case the tests aren’t accurate, this will allow me time to concentrate on getting my cardio back for walking/hiking and avoid people. That’s about all for now, time for a nap ha ha.

Thanks again for the comments and you fukkers stay safe.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 01-15-2023 at 04:35 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

My eyes are up here. hendrixfreak70's Avatar
    hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That entire thing sounds like it sucked. My first time was bad but not nearly as bad as that.
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 10:13

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank god, but the forum hasn’t been the same without its Internet White Knight.....

https://youtu.be/bWcASV2sey0
    Authentic Knights Swing Heavy Steel and Have Hands and Wrists of Steel!

Anti-Traditional Programs, Student of Instinct Training

"The Muscle Feeds Itself"- LWW

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You caught the 'rona? Bro, that is so 2022....RSV is where the real action is. Seriously through, glad to see you are on the mend.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    over 35 when Knight Pockets is MIA-

https://images.app.goo.gl/z16arp9k9aoHQxCAA

Just noticed this is a 5 star thread, lol.

https://images.app.goo.gl/qXQxFvVZ1wrSQvhH8

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    MT, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear it is so miserable.

Get better, buddy.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    You caught the 'rona? Bro, that is so 2022....RSV is where the real action is. Seriously through, glad to see you are on the mend.
    Don't get RSV, I think that's what I had mid December through to Christmas. It kicked the cr*p out of me. I'm still recovering, only doing very short runs again and having to start over from empty bar on the weights for a short while. But it does give me the opportunity to work on form, in particular trying to learn front squat

Hey MT, when you get back into training again... in a day or a week or whatever, are you going to use restarting as an opportunity to work on something or learn something, or just try to get back to where you were as before ASAP?

Get well!

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Day 6 onward, mostly in the snot locker, like a really bad sinus infection, nose ran like a tap for half a day, I never saw anything like that. Blowing it did no good whatsoever, I just had to keep a rag under my nose and let it run. That only lasted about 12 hours, thankfully. after that the nasal congestion reduced a bit (bonus).
    I'm sure that was misery but I think it's really interesting. Your body fought back by flushing your sinuses like a fire department flushing hydrants. I think you have a top tier immune response Brah.

Glad you still have taste and smell, life sucks when they are taken away.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

What a difference a day can make

Around noon yesterday it was like someone flipped a switch and I started feeling progressively better as the day went on, I didn't even nap. Woke up this morning, no symptoms whatsoever and felt like a million bucks.

I tested negative.

I call this a win.

Testing negative 6 days from testing positive, 11 days total with Covid, miserable yes but I fared way better than a lot of people and I only dealt with the cough for several days. Some people I know have dealt with it for many weeks after. I still don't recommend it though. lol

Hey Tom, Damn man I didn't know you had that crap, sounds horrible. It’s going around here pretty good too. Hope that you get back to your old self pronto.

As for me, I hope to get back at the gym in a couple of weeks and will continue running PPL. Of all the splits I have ever run, I love PPL the best, it gives me plenty of flexibility and I do different exercises every session which allows me to change things up a lot. (I get bored easily)

I will continue to hit the cross-fit gym once a week, I really enjoy that and learning lots of new exercises and equipment. The cardio aspect of cross fit is right up my alley. As far as PPL goes, I used to train that 6 days a week on average with one session heavy and the next light. I plan on taking more recovery time doing it only 3 times a week still alternating between heavy and light. This will give me more time and energy for my other hobbies.

I am sure that you will get those front squats down, it’s a lot to handle all at once and it took me a bit to nail it but I finally got it down pat. I still do them a couple of times a month. Good luck with your training.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Around noon yesterday it was like someone flipped a switch and I started feeling progressively better as the day went on, I didn't even nap. Woke up this morning, no symptoms whatsoever and felt like a million bucks.

I tested negative.

I call this a win.

Testing negative 6 days from testing positive, 11 days total with Covid, miserable yes but I fared way better than a lot of people and I only dealt with the cough for several days. Some people I know have dealt with it for many weeks after. I still don't recommend it though. lol

Hey Tom, Damn man I didn't know you had that crap, sounds horrible. It’s going around here pretty good too. Hope that you get back to your old self pronto.

As for me, I hope to get back at the gym in a couple of weeks and will continue running PPL. Of all the splits I have ever run, I love PPL the best, it gives me plenty of flexibility and I do different exercises every session which allows me to change things up a lot. (I get bored easily)

I will continue to hit the cross-fit gym once a week, I really enjoy that and learning lots of new exercises and equipment. The cardio aspect of cross fit is right up my alley. As far as PPL goes, I used to train that 6 days a week on average with one session heavy and the next light. I plan on taking more recovery time doing it only 3 times a week still alternating between heavy and light. This will give me more time and energy for my other hobbies.

I am sure that you will get those front squats down, it’s a lot to handle all at once and it took me a bit to nail it but I finally got it down pat. I still do them a couple of times a month. Good luck with your training.

Ok after that ordeal, is Covid "just a cold", LMAO?
    Inquiring minds want to know?
    Many on the site say stop overreacting it is just a cold.....
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Ok after that ordeal, is Covid "just a cold", LMAO?
    Inquiring minds want to know?
    Many on the site say stop overreacting it is just a cold.....
    Definitely not just a cold.. lol

it was like the worst flu I ever had X10 compressed into a few days, I can understand why people are hospitalised with it, I got lucky.

I really feel for anyone where this crap drags out over weeks. Your GF had a hell of a time with it so I am sure you know

Sounds more like an allergy.

Do you know where you got it? If not, than you are no social distance expert, lol.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

it was like the worst flu I ever had X10 compressed into a few days, I can understand why people are hospitalised with it, I got lucky.

I really feel for anyone where this crap drags out over weeks. Your GF had a hell of a time with it so I am sure you know
    I tested positive but I had very mild symptoms, nothing like what you are describing.

Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I really feel for anyone where this crap drags out over weeks.
    Glad you are alive man.........I'm on day 27....still have a bad cough
    Retired...no smartphone....no neighbors......just holes...

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hope the worst is over. When your respiratory system is shut down, it is dangerous.

Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Glad you are alive man.........I'm on day 27....still have a bad cough

I would appreciate you two getting better, because I'm not hiring replacements for our Supremacy thread if anything happens.

I would feel so lonely.

Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 64 🔥 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Hope the worst is over. When your respiratory system is shut down, it is dangerous.

I would appreciate you two getting better, because I'm not hiring replacements for our Supremacy thread if anything happens.

I would feel so lonely.

Glad everybody's still alive.
    🌺 Lauren Brooks Kelly (snailsrus) - Jul 25, 1991 – Jan 29, 2022
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Journals > Samurai, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373&page=200
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 64-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Samraiwise View Post

For the first time in over 30 years, bought Protein Powder and pour it down the throat instead of solid foods. It worked but took me over three months to get my strength back.
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I had this from the vax, still off. I tried Protein powder but it gave me the chits, gonna try and find some flavorless fiber powder to mix in with it.
    Just a quick update here, I know there's 100 lurkers for every poster so maybe this will be helpful for someone.

I mixed chocolate Muscle Milk with Orange Metamucil, sounds Groce I'm sure but it's actually delicious. No need for a diaper under my gym shorts just yet

Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz Samraiwise has the mod powerz
    Just a quick update here, I know there's 100 lurkers for every poster so maybe this will be helpful for someone.

I mixed chocolate Muscle Milk with Orange Metamucil, sounds Groce I'm sure but it's actually delicious. No need for a diaper under my gym shorts just yet
    Thanks for the tip, it's quite helpful because now after months of drinking protein shakes I started to get a little tired of its taste. I'll think of something new, probably grosser for the people not familiar with Japanese tastes.
    Thread: RIP Snails : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181070293&page=100

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Holy crap! I thought I was the only person doing this ever, I was going to keep this a secret for fear of ridicule, has an awesome orangey chocolate tangy taste, keeps things moving nicely LOL. I dont need to have anything else for lunch when doing this...feel full all day until dinner time.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hmm, i just pop a probiotic and am good.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Hey Bando, great tip, you can't go wrong with chocolate and orange, it's a match made in heaven..

Today was the first time I left the house in over 12 days. just over 2 weeks ago I strapped on the snowshoes and hiked over 20 miles in deep powder with a backpack, never took a break and ate my lunch on the go.

Today I hiked to the lake and back through the trail behind my place without a backpack, a total of 1.5 miles, came home and had a nap. lmao.. Tomorrow I have a 5 mile loop planned and a bigger nap. It was nice to be out though, I will take it.

Bosko, I hope you got rid of that cough brother.

Ya'll have a great day.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 01-18-2023 at 10:33 AM.

20 miles?
    Well that answers my question about how are you now and are there any lasting covid symptoms.
    Damm, you cyborg!

20 miles?
    Well that answers my question about how are you now and are there any lasting covid symptoms.
    Damm, you cyborg!

LOL Ben, the 20 miles was pre-covid, a couple of weeks ago.

Today I only did 1.5 miles, came home and needed a nap...

Covid wrecked me as far as my stamina goes, but it was my first day out, hoping for better results in the coming days lol

Covid wrecked me as far as my stamina goes, but it was my first day out, hoping for better results in the coming days lol
    Ahh, gotcha!
    I am curious about the return to normal, the gf's recovery is slow.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ahh, gotcha!
    I am curious about the return to normal, the gf's recovery is slow.
    Hope your gf shakes off that long COVID asap.

In a "scientific" study based on people my wife and I know, everyone who has long COVID got it from the original strain/strains and wasn't actually that dramatically ill during the main phase of their illness. Was your gf extremely ill or was she not that sick but just never fully recovered? (if that's not overly nosy)

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Hope your gf shakes off that long COVID asap.

In a "scientific" study based on people my wife and I know, everyone who has long COVID got it from the original strain/strains and wasn't actually that dramatically ill during the main phase of their illness. Was your gf extremely ill or was she not that sick but just never fully recovered? (if that's not overly nosy)
    She got the November Washington DC strain in 2022 and was in bed for 17 days with a high fever of 104, then hovering from 100-102
    very sick and barely ate

Talking

20 miles?
    Damm, you cyborg!

LOL, I too missed the " just over 2 weeks ago I..." part.

The exact thought was "Oh my Rona, this old codger is a beast!! "

This is for you, my friend. *bow*

Hey Bando, great tip, you can't go wrong with chocolate and orange, it's a match made in heaven..

That's the exact flavor!

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    I tested positive but I had very mild symptoms, nothing like what you are describing.
    Yeah, interesting how there is so much variation in terms of how it affects people. For some, it really is no worse than a cold while others get totally wrecked by it. For me, I had 2 bad days and then a few days of cold-like symptoms. Not too bad really. RSV on the other hand kicked my @ss into the next dimension. I was sick for a solid three weeks with that.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.