cipha5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cipha5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cipha5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IF, Morning Workouts and Break or Not Breaking Fast

I am doing the IF 16:9 window and I'm reading mixed studies on working out while fasting. I'll be 42 this year and I'm looking to drop around 20-30 pounds but trying to maintain a balanced body (muscle/toned) so I'm not looking to build muscle mass but am looking to maintain and build a bit of muscle for overall strength-wellbeing. I workout at 530am but I break my fast at 10am. Is it ok not to break my fast till 10am or do I need to change it up and just break it to have a meal or protein shake after my morning workouts? Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure what you're asking since you said you're doing IF.

If you're doing a specific IF window, then you're supposed to stick to it. That being said, you certainly can have a meal or protein shake after your morning workouts - you're just not following IF anymore. Which is fine if your calories/day are the same (although it sounds like you're not actually counting calories).

Regarding 16:9, there's only 24 hours in a day.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cipha5 View Post
    I'm not looking to build muscle mass but am looking to maintain and build a bit of muscle for overall strength-wellbeing.
    This doesn't take much time but it seems like you've been chasing it for a good number of years. Maybe you should change your mindset.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16