over50veggie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Introduction at 51 years old.

Hi everyone,

I just joined and would like to introduce myself. Not sure if anyone cares....lol

I am 51 and as my handle suggests I am a vegetarian. Have been since I was 17. Not Vegan. But no meat at all.

I keep in shape. 6-3 and weigh about 230. We have a pretty good home gym. Life fitness cable machine. Half rack. Dumbells. Preacher bench. Roman chair chin up. Various barbells etc.

We also mountain bike alot.

This year I would like to really step up the weightlifting and add some decent muscle mass. I have been lifting weights on and off most of my life but I should focus on more of a plan.

My strength has been increasing steadily with some ok gains ( although not alot). Recently I have started taking Whey Protein and Creatine mono together in a shake after workout. Thats basically my plan. haha.

I enjoy working out so that isnt an issue but I want to make sure I am making the best decisions when not lifting weights to help me along.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    welcome to the forum, ov50veggie. First posters usually don’t get much response, too many people post once and never come back.

your “ok gains” are awesome, like any gains, they are infinitely bigger than no gains at all.

keep lifting, ask questions, this forum is a good source of first hand information.