JonCerri is on a distinguished road. (+10)

37 y/o getting back into working out. Please help

Hi everyone,

Like the subject line read I'm 37 y/o and want to get back into lifting. Starting to feel old and I want to look better but don't really know where to start. Read through the workouts but there's a lot of info so felt a little overwhelmed.

I'm 5'11", 165 lbs. I intermittent fast and lost 30 lbs gained during the pandemic and have kept off for past 1.5 or more years. My diet isn't the best but credit my weight to genetics and intermittent fasting. Always been pretty slender same with a lot of my family.

I want to get back into the gym asap. I feel bored and depressed. I'd like to have a workout program hopefully 3-4 times a week and to incorporate some sort of diet with intermittent fasting as I feel it's simple and effective. My goal is probably like most men. I want some what visible abs (I don't need to be at an 8% body fat lol) but some visible abs and to be strong ger and cut. I like my weight and don't want to be more than 170 lbs. I just felt overwhelmed with all the programs etc. I will pay for something even I don't care. Almost bought kinobody but heard mixed reviews. Thanks for your time everyone.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JonCerri View Post
    Read through the workouts but there's a lot of info so felt a little overwhelmed.
    Pick one.*

I want to get back into the gym asap.
    Join one.

I'd like to incorporate some sort of diet with intermittent fasting as I feel it's simple and effective.
    Then do IF if you like it. Get started.

*(that doesn't cost money)
    Last edited by air2fakie; 12-27-2022 at 02:29 PM.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this literally what air2fakie just said. Don’t overthink it. Pick one, anyone, routine and stick to it for a few months. Do not try to modify or “better” the routine, follow it exactly as it is written. If any particular exercise is not clear, there is always youtube and Ov35 forum.

JonCerri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the responses. I just picked the 'movie star' routine/diet by Kinobody. Happy new years everyone.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the responses. I just picked the 'movie star' routine/diet by Kinobody. Happy new years everyone.
    Sorry, a bit too late but I added an asterisk to my advice above. Give it a shot though & see how it goes.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi everyone,

Like the subject line read I'm 37 y/o and want to get back into lifting. Starting to feel old and I want to look better but don't really know where to start. Read through the workouts but there's a lot of info so felt a little overwhelmed.

I'm 5'11", 165 lbs. I intermittent fast and lost 30 lbs gained during the pandemic and have kept off for past 1.5 or more years. My diet isn't the best but credit my weight to genetics and intermittent fasting. Always been pretty slender same with a lot of my family.

I want to get back into the gym asap. I feel bored and depressed. I'd like to have a workout program hopefully 3-4 times a week and to incorporate some sort of diet with intermittent fasting as I feel it's simple and effective. My goal is probably like most men. I want some what visible abs (I don't need to be at an 8% body fat lol) but some visible abs and to be strong ger and cut. I like my weight and don't want to be more than 170 lbs. I just felt overwhelmed with all the programs etc. I will pay for something even I don't care. Almost bought kinobody but heard mixed reviews. Thanks for your time everyone.
    It's refreshing to read someone that spells out what they have done up until this point.

Given that, I have to give you the advice my trainer gave me 20 years ago:

Choose 1. Bodybuilding or Powerlifting.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.