Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Near Death Experiences Thread

I always find reports of NDEs fascinating and enjoy listening to people who have ventured to the other side and return with first-hand accounts of their experience(s). So I decided to create a thread for sharing these because I think they can be valuable for people to hear about and learn from.

Stating off with one of the best ones I’ve heard in a long time, possibly ever. Also…possibly more relatable here as he was a serious lifter and a supplement he ordered online lead to his death.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j6HKEII-fAw
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was attacked by a pit bull months ago and almost died, not something I have talked much about with people. It knicked the main artery in my arm and I was squirting blood out, and I couldn’t get him off of me. I always wondered how TF people die to dogs but realized the hard way. Most of your body goes numb once your in a state of shock, and you don’t really feel pain just shock. I basically felt like I was watching a movie of myself dying and everything turned kind of cartoonish and started moving in slide shows. I finally got a fence in between me and the dog. I had lost almost 30% of all my blood, had to have multiple skin grafts.

I used to be deathly afraid of “dying” or “death” but after my experience it brought sort of a calmness to me. Even if you are brutally murdered the chance of you feeling excruciating pain isn’t a real thing, your body does some weird shiet in shock.
    Last edited by chalup; 12-13-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    I was always looking at the finger pointing at
    the moon. Now I'm just looking at the moon.
    And theres no me looking. Theres just looking.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This was a great one, it had new details that i have never heard, thanks!
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscinbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chalup View Post
    I was attacked my a pit bull months ago and almost died, not something I have talked much about with people. It knicked the main artery in my arm and I was squirting blood out, and I couldn’t get him off of me. I always wondered how TF people die to dogs but realized the hard way. Most of your body goes numb once your in a state of shock, and you don’t really feel pain just shock. I basically felt like I was watching a movie of myself dying and everything turned kind of cartoonish and started moving in slide shows. I finally got a fence in between me and the dog. I had lost almost 30% of all my blood, had to have multiple skin grafts.

I used to be deathly afraid of “dying” or “death” but after my experience it brought sort of a calmness to me. Even if you are brutally murdered the chance of you feeling excruciating pain isn’t a real thing, your body does some weird shiet in shock.
    I've never been attacked by a dog like that, but I've had two similar(ish) experiences, and I felt the same way. Like blood pouring out of my head - my wife and friends freaking out - and I was just like "what's the big deal, I feel fine."

nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Head on collision. Someone in other lane waiting to turn after I went by. They got rear ended into my lane and I hit them head on going 55 mph. Happened so fast I don't think I even lifted off the throttle. My foot was broke and pedal was bent. Broke numerous bones and had lots of cuts. Hospitalized for a few days.

dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guise, you're doing it wrong. Those are "I almosr died" experiences, I think what OP is after is more like "I fell and hit my head when I was dead drunk, and dreamed I went to heaven and saw Jeesus and he showed me his shotgun collection and we smoked some meth, and then I woke up" type experiences.
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

*** Pureblood Master Race - PM for free sperm sample, personally, and 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 delivered (ladies only) ***

*** Official Misc Photography Crew ***

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dakensta View Post
    Guise, you're doing it wrong. Those are "I almosr died" experiences, I think what OP is after is more like "I fell and hit my head when I was dead drunk, and dreamed I went to heaven and saw Jeesus and he showed me his shotgun collection and we smoked some meth, and then I woke up" type experiences.
    this guy was dead, and prounounced dead
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know a story about this one dude…

Dakensta had been a regular poster on the politics section of bodybuilding.com for years. His views were usually controversial and provocative and he was often criticized by other posters for his brashness. But Dakensta was unperturbed; he had become quite popular for his passionate arguments and his outspokenness.

One night, Dakensta decided to have a few too many drinks and ventured out on his own. Unbeknownst to him, he had been walking home in the wrong direction and eventually became completely disoriented. He stumbled and fell, hitting his head on the pavement.

He awoke in a strange and unfamiliar place. Everything was white and he could feel himself being pulled towards a bright light. He looked around and there, standing in front of him, was Jesus. Jesus smiled and said, “Welcome to Heaven, my son. I’ve been expecting you.”

Dakensta was amazed. He had always been an atheist, but here he was in Heaven, in the presence of the Lord himself. He looked around and noticed a large collection of shotguns lined up against the wall. Jesus smiled and said, “These are yours. I knew you would need them to protect yourself.”

Dakensta was speechless. He had no idea how Jesus knew he was a gun enthusiast. But then Jesus motioned for him to come closer and he saw that Jesus had a pipe of meth in his hand. He said, “Let’s celebrate your new life with a smoke.”

Dakensta was shocked. He had never done meth before, but he decided to take a hit. As the smoke filled his lungs, he felt a sudden wave of clarity wash over him. He realized that he had been going down a dangerous path with his life and that he needed to make some serious changes.

When he awoke, he was back in his bed and his head was pounding. He realized that he had just had a near-death experience and had been blessed with a glimpse of Heaven. He thanked God for the second chance and vowed to make the most of it. From that day forward, he began to live his life with more purpose and direction.

Dakensta is still a regular poster on the politics section of bodybuilding.com and his views are still controversial and provocative. But now, when others criticize him, he simply smiles and remembers the day he was welcomed into Heaven by Jesus and the powerful epiphany he had when he smoked meth with the Lord.
    Intelligent individuals learn from every thing and every one; average people, from their experiences. The stupid already have all the answers.

nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nrowles is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    haha ok yeah I did it all wrong

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Brutal if true
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 46, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    This was a great one, it had new details that i have never heard, thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it bro! Definitely one of the better ones I’ve listened to, but I’ll also be dropping others in this thread as well.

I knew the edgelords would show up at some point… Did you take some time to listen to it?

Now that that’s out of the way hopefully we can get back to the topic of the thread.
    +positive crew+

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've had about a half dozen instances where I thought this might be it for me.

A few times in the military, a few times racing and I can identify a bit with the pitbull story above.

I never saw any light and the only thing that went through my head was a moment of "fukk, really?".

chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chalup has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by miscinbro View Post
    I've never been attacked by a dog like that, but I've had two similar(ish) experiences, and I felt the same way. Like blood pouring out of my head - my wife and friends freaking out - and I was just like "what's the big deal, I feel fine."
    It was the weirdest thing ever watching my own blood squirt out of my arm like a water gun. I seriously thought I was dead, I was going to bleed out before the ambulance got there. Told my wife I’m dead and how much I loved her. I had enough sense to take my shirt off and wrap it around my arm as tight as possible. Now the pain once I got to the hospital and the doctors looking at it was unexplainable on how bad it hurt. I was hysterically laughing from the pain. Another weird thing is I was begging for more pain medicine and I thought one of the nurses gave me some because I instantly felt warmth all over my body and in my arm that was numb/burning. But all she had given me was saline. Super weird.

/dear dairy

Originally Posted by 401Delta View Post
    I've had about a half dozen instances where I thought this might be it for me.

A few times in the military, a few times racing and I can identify a bit with the pitbull story above.

I never saw any light and the only thing that went through my head was a moment of "fukk, really?".
    It was an eerily calm moment when the thought of I’m dead, fuk hit me. The calmest I’ve ever been in my life. I didn’t have any tunnels of light or any voices or anything tho.

dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    this guy was dead, and prounounced dead
    clearly whoever pronounced him dead was mistaken, because he isn't.
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

*** Pureblood Master Race - PM for free sperm sample, personally, and 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 delivered (ladies only) ***

Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    I know a story about this one dude…

Dakensta had been a regular poster on the politics section of bodybuilding.com for years. His views were usually controversial and provocative and he was often criticized by other posters for his brashness. But Dakensta was unperturbed; he had become quite popular for his passionate arguments and his outspokenness.

One night, Dakensta decided to have a few too many drinks and ventured out on his own. Unbeknownst to him, he had been walking home in the wrong direction and eventually became completely disoriented. He stumbled and fell, hitting his head on the pavement.

He awoke in a strange and unfamiliar place. Everything was white and he could feel himself being pulled towards a bright light. He looked around and there, standing in front of him, was Jesus. Jesus smiled and said, “Welcome to Heaven, my son. I’ve been expecting you.”

Dakensta was amazed. He had always been an atheist, but here he was in Heaven, in the presence of the Lord himself. He looked around and noticed a large collection of shotguns lined up against the wall. Jesus smiled and said, “These are yours. I knew you would need them to protect yourself.”

Dakensta was speechless. He had no idea how Jesus knew he was a gun enthusiast. But then Jesus motioned for him to come closer and he saw that Jesus had a pipe of meth in his hand. He said, “Let’s celebrate your new life with a smoke.”

Dakensta was shocked. He had never done meth before, but he decided to take a hit. As the smoke filled his lungs, he felt a sudden wave of clarity wash over him. He realized that he had been going down a dangerous path with his life and that he needed to make some serious changes.

When he awoke, he was back in his bed and his head was pounding. He realized that he had just had a near-death experience and had been blessed with a glimpse of Heaven. He thanked God for the second chance and vowed to make the most of it. From that day forward, he began to live his life with more purpose and direction.

Dakensta is still a regular poster on the politics section of bodybuilding.com and his views are still controversial and provocative. But now, when others criticize him, he simply smiles and remembers the day he was welcomed into Heaven by Jesus and the powerful epiphany he had when he smoked meth with the Lord.
    :')
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was in multiple car accidents, including one where the car I was a passenger in rolled 8-10 times down a mountain; I was in the military and had plenty there; but the oddest one.....

I hopped a gate to get to my job and almost died. Read on:

I decided to take a shortcut and hop a 5.5ft high gate, that was constructed of vertical 2 x 4 sized steel slats of varying lengths, so some are higher than others, and about 4in apart. I had a loaded-up messenger bag slung over my shoulder, with a gallon of water, good, laptop, etc, but this was not a rare occurence, so I walked up, jumped and sort of did a dip up, and realized the 400 pushups I did the night before, and full bag, were going to have an effect, and I needed a better jump, so I dropped back down.

On the way down, I kind of caught a glancing blow off the corner of one of the taller steel slats, right in between 2 ribs next to me serratus. I kind of bounced off, and landed on my feet, but WOW it felt bad. Like really bad. I've broken ribs and this was not that, it was uniquely bad, I almost wanted to puke. I stood there are just breathed for a minute, said 'FU' in my head, hucked my bag over, and then myself. I got to where I was going, a few hundred yards away, and started to feel lightheaded, nauseous, then cold and clammy. I sat down thinking 'huh this is weird'. I started to feel like I was going to pass out, but I was breathing normally. I checked my pulse and couldn't find one.

That can't be right, I thought, so I tried again. I caught a beat, then 10sec later another, then 8 sec later another, then 12 sec later another, and as this was going on I did start to get nervous. I started to see things closing in, like tunnel vision, peripheral stars moving in, so I pulled out my phone

and no, I didn't dial 911. I googled 'what happens when you hit yourself really hard in the chest': you may feel nauseous, cold, clammy, irregular breathing or heart rate, arrhythmia, etc.

Oh. I put my phone down, and concentrated on breathing and remaining calm, and in 5-10 minutes it went away.

I'm a ****ing idiot, I should have gone to the hospital. lol
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

clearly whoever pronounced him dead was mistaken, because he isn't.
    When your heart stops for a long while, you are but give it the listen that it truly deserves.
    You may learn a thing or two, it's only an hour.

Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Evolutionary1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've had multiple

When your heart stops for a long while, you are
    maybe from a medical/legal viewpoint, but you're not truly dead until all meatbolism stops, and once it stops, it doesn't start again, so he wasn't dead. you never wonder why they call it a near-death experience, rather than a being-dead experience?
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

maybe from a medical/legal viewpoint, but you're not truly dead until all meatbolism stops, and once it stops, it doesn't start again, so he wasn't dead. you never wonder why they call it a near-death experience, rather than a being-dead experience?
    Why is that what it takes to be “truly dead” other than that’s what you want it to take so you can just dismiss any experiences from people who go through it? And why are you so eager to dismiss these experiences while mocking anyone who thinks they can be very meaningful? Finally…the guy in this video(just like practically all others) came back and said the message he received is that love and compassion are the most important things to focus your life on while you just seem intent on sh!tting in the punch bowl. Who do you think has a better message between the two?
    Last edited by jtaylor2010; 12-13-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    +positive crew+

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP, a sincere question:

If dualism is false (And I believe it fairly demonstrable is, a totally untenable position to hold), what do we make of possibly veridical NDEs? If we assume for arguments sake, that these experiences could be genuine?

Dualism false, NDEs true. Implications?
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

He tells you that he was dead and they all ceased attempts to bring him back, ie dead.
    Then he tells you what happened which is incredible.

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bodhy View Post
    OP, a sincere question:

If dualism is false (And I believe it fairly demonstrable is, a totally untenable position to hold), what do we make of possibly veridical NDEs? If we assume for arguments sake, that these experiences could be genuine?

Although dualism has been largely disproven and it is difficult to maintain a dualistic view of the mind and body, there is still much to be said about near-death experiences (NDEs). For example, a study conducted by Dr. Bruce Greyson, a professor at the University of Virginia, showed that “people who have had NDEs report significantly greater life changes than those who have not” (Greyson, 1983). This suggests that these experiences may be more than just hallucinations, but rather meaningful and life-altering experiences. Furthermore, other research has shed light on the physiological aspects of NDEs, such as increased brainwave activity and changes in heart rate (van Lommel et al., 2001). These findings suggest that NDEs are more than just psychological experiences and may be indicative of an alternate state of consciousness. As such, it appears that NDEs can still be a meaningful experience, even without the dualistic framework.

Also

It is possible that NDEs could be genuine experiences that occur outside of the realm of dualism. If this is true, it could suggest that consciousness is a separate entity from the physical body and does not rely on the brain for its existence. This could have implications for our understanding of life and death, and could suggest that consciousness can exist beyond the physical body.
    Last edited by gachase21; 12-13-2022 at 04:01 PM.
    Intelligent individuals learn from every thing and every one; average people, from their experiences. The stupid already have all the answers.

How many of you watched the entire video?

GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreatOldOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, a sincere question:

1) mentalism/panpsychism
    2) undetectable brain activity despite low metabolism resulting in a specific kind of lucid dream...namely "out of body experiences"

I've had such lucid dreams before. Everything seems remarkably real and complete. Sense of touch and temperature, etc. But you don't wake up with impossible knowledge and of course things you change in your dream around your house are not really changed. I think your mind maps your surroundings to a remarkable degree and can recreate them in a lucid dream to the extent you would be shocked.

Over the years people have attributed the experiences to something supernatural or alien depending on popular culture, but I think probably it's your brain at work making you think you're in some special circumstances and is basically a kind of altered state of consciousness.

...haven't watched vid yet but will
    EX IGNORANTIA AD SAPIENTIAM
    EX LUCE AD TENERBRAS

HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HurfDurf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lucid dreams yes. Had them bad when I had the Rona and again when I quit taking Lexapro cold turkey. Not a good experience. Had to call people to see if **** really happened.

Once I tried DMT tho.. and "broke through" I talked to beings I can't describe to this day. It was realer than reality. Other people describe them the same way. Although I not religious I believe is something after now. Although it's not some we can yet comprehend. Thanks Joe Rogan. Machine elves are legit

stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevebec has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe a fate worse than death. When I lived in Tuvalu, I used to collect coconut tree sap (toddy) twice a day. One afternoon I was climbing the tree after a rain and I slipped and fell. Only a few feet, but there was a nail sticking out of the tree. It went right up my butt crack - ripped my shorts, ripped my underwear, and miraculously missed the family jewels by a fraction of an inch and not a scratch on me.
    "Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars" - Evel Knievel

OP, a sincere question:

Not to answer a question with a question, but my first response would be to ask how you would demonstrably prove that dualism is false. Many people recount experiencing things during NDEs(like observing events happening that were later verified by others) that would seem to be impossible for them to view/experience if their consciousness were not separate from their brain. So I guess technically it could still be possible, but it would require a better understanding of reality and perception than we currently have. Also, in some ways I guess you could say that the consciousness of the person actually is left behind, because many people report looking down on their body with practically no sense of attachment to it. So maybe the consciousness that leaves the body never really belonged to it, and is separate from what we recognize as the consciousness of the person that we perceive. However, that would require explaining how that consciousness leaves the body with a full recollection of the life experiences that occurred during the lifetime(since full life reviews are such a common theme during the experiences). The person in the video touches on that topic a bit, and suggests that part of the consciousness that inhabits a body always stays behind in heaven or with God or within the Universal Consciousness or whatever you want to call it. Can’t remember the time stamp for that part of the conversation but I’d say the entire thing is worth a listen.
    +positive crew+

Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100) Tropynas is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's time to create a separate topic on sleep paralysis