bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Marvel Midnight Suns Official Thread

Kinda interested to see how this plays, seems like it got pretty decentish reviews ... Picked it up on steam and it's downloading now, will add impression once I play it. Anyone picking this up?

GameSpot - Jordan Ramée - 8 / 10

Marvel's Midnight Suns delivers strong tactical combat scenarios in a fun superhero romp where it's worth putting stock in the power of friendship.

The Games Machine - Nicolò Paschetto - Italian - 8.2 / 10

Complex beast, Marvel's Midnight Suns. Overall, I have enjoyed it a lot; so much that I found its defects even more annoying, especially considering they are related to design choices around combat missions. Still, this game is an epic adventure, truly worth of Marvel's lore.

TheGamer - Eric Switzer - 4.5 / 5

While it's undeniably a quirky mash-up of cards, tactics, and dating sims, Midnight Suns is a focused, well-structured, and fully realized experience. It doesn’t try to please everyone, but if you’re willing to go along for the ride, you’ll find a tactics game that shakes the foundation of the entire genre, along with one of the most compelling Marvel stories ever told.

TheSixthAxis - Nick Petrasiti - 9 / 10

Marvel's Midnight Suns exceeded my expectations to be one of my favourite games of the year. With a good Marvel story and the ability to make friends on top of excellent turn-based tactical combat systems, Marvel's Midnight Suns is a super experience.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 8.5 / 10

Marvel's Midnight Suns is a game that Marvel fans will love through and through. It replaces the action of other well known and beloved superheroes games with cards and strategy, demanding keen planning from the players. The end result is what matters though, its an addictive game with fine touches of human drama and many activities to do and to engage with outside of battles. Marvel fans are going to love this one.

VG247 - Jim Trinca - 4 / 5

Midnight Suns is honestly a brilliant bloody time: an extremely fun tactical RPG nestled amongst an adorably wholesome relationship simulator. A superhero game which understands that the appeal of comics is often much less about punching Venom than it is about seeing a bunch of daft looking folk cutting about in a big house, being nice to each other, bickering about leaving towels on the floor. Real stuff. Relatable stuff. The stuff of life.

Sig line can't be a novel

GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    xcom 2 is probably my most played game of all time so when they announced this I was super excited but it doesnt look too good imo. dont like the whole card based thing

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just played like an hour or so, past the tutorial -

Combat seems pretty fun, I'm not a fan of the card system or card games in general, so that's a bit iffy, but it's whatever, the core system here is pretty fun and all the hero's look pretty cool when doing their moves and chit lol.

The only issue I have so far is what skill up said with the voice acting/voice actors .... They are absolutely horrible lol. It feels like they ran out of budget for the VAs and hired people off the street for free lol.

Still, the game has me interested, pretty iffy on the fact since it's apparently 60 hours and that's 40 hours too long for my tastes lol.

Played a few hours now .... Man the combat is actually really really good and fun, even though the card stuff is kinda random, it's still fun trying to utilize the cards in your hand to make the best of it.

The Persona/Mass Effect style thing is still kinda cringe, but I can get past it because the loop of trying to upgrade your cards/heros and finding fun team comps has a lot of potential. I like how the game takes its time introducing new mechanics and stuff to you rather than dumping everything all at once. So newcomers to this type of game dont feel overwhelmed.

Definitely a game people should put on their radar if they like superhero stuff.

chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Played a few hours now .... Man the combat is actually really really good and fun, even though the card stuff is kinda random, it's still fun trying to utilize the cards in your hand to make the best of it.

The Persona/Mass Effect style thing is still kinda cringe, but I can get past it because the loop of trying to upgrade your cards/heros and finding fun team comps has a lot of potential. I like how the game takes its time introducing new mechanics and stuff to you rather than dumping everything all at once. So newcomers to this type of game dont feel overwhelmed.

Definitely a game people should put on their radar if they like superhero stuff.
    How does the card system work exactly? I love Xcom and card games but them combined doesn't immediately make total sense.

The gameplay looked cool but I saw Skill Up's review and the story and performances looked cringe and like something to be slogged to as opposed to enjoyed.
    Seven Legendary Anime you've never heard of:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157602303&p=1148307083&posted=1#post1148307083

Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway.

Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
    How does the card system work exactly? I love Xcom and card games but them combined doesn't immediately make total sense.

The gameplay looked cool but I saw Skill Up's review and the story and performances looked cringe and like something to be slogged to as opposed to enjoyed.

Not sure how to explain it

But basically each hero starts out with a deck of random cards and each turn you get a bunch of random cards from that deck ... You can withdraw two cards (whenver you want) for a new pair (or 1 depends on you). So basically you just play whichever cards you receive that turn ... And then each turn it randomizes the cards again ... I'm not sure if there is an exhaust deck or anything because so far each turn the cards are just randomized and recycled from your deck. It's also quite interactive, there's a lot of environmental hazards and chit and you can make full use of it to take down enemies and chit such as knockbacks into other enemies or environmental hazards.

The xcom factor comes in with some missions being a bit varied such as concentrating on taking down a specific enemy/getting a certain item before the turns run out and basically moving your heros around the map to line them in the best way to make full use of your card powers and chit.

Just had a game where 6-7 enemies were all lined up together and I used one of Ghost Rider's cards to kill them in one full sweep. Dude got into his car from hell and just mowed them down lmao, it was super cool ... And then I created some hell-hole and dumped a couple other enemies inside it.

The story and voice acting is definitely cringe and it can be offensively bad at times, but your mileage will vary here .... For me personally, so far I agree with skillups review ... I'm just moving past the story chit just to get to the fun gameplay, unlocking more heros, their abilities, cards etc.

Clicking with the gameplay loop a lot more now ...cottdamn it's addictive as fuk trying to get new cards and better upgrades.

Captain Marvel is an absolute beast cottdamn, her tanking is insane.

Nico seemed like a character i'd never take on a mission, but damn shes pretty op when you give her some decent cards

I thought doctor strange was a fkkin useless character, but once you start upgrading his cards they're really good.

If only this came to gamepass quick .... Miscers are sleeping on this game.

ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ScramFranklin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Clicking with the gameplay loop a lot more now ...cottdamn it's addictive as fuk trying to get new cards and better upgrades.

Captain Marvel is an absolute beast cottdamn, her tanking is insane.

Nico seemed like a character i'd never take on a mission, but damn shes pretty op when you give her some decent cards

I thought doctor strange was a fkkin useless character, but once you start upgrading his cards they're really good.

If only this came to gamepass quick .... Miscers are sleeping on this game.
    reviewed great, I love turn based strategy games (fire emblem, mario and rabbids, gears tactics... never played xcom lol), so would probably enjoy this one.
    -Engineering Crew
    -Self Improvement Crew
    -Third Position Crew
    -Keith Woods Crew
    -Consolecel Crew
    -Dr. Edward Dutton Crew

Originally Posted by ScramFranklin View Post
    reviewed great, I love turn based strategy games (fire emblem, mario and rabbids, gears tactics... never played xcom lol), so would probably enjoy this one.

You definitely will.

Been playing more and more. I'm actually surprised at how deep the story goes lol, there's a ton of dialogue, lore but honestly I'm not clicking with the story part and mostly just breeze through the convo's so that I can get to the gameplay parts lol.

Playing this game makes me really want a top down CRPG game of the X-men or Marvel, but done in the vein of Divinity/Pillars of eternity hnnnnngh, the way how they animated all the powers and stuff is so fukkin good. Easily top tier and one of the best comic book adaptations in that sense. Also got me into a bit of a Marvel phase where I wanna check out the comics/cartoons. I've forgotten how badass Wolverine is.