yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100) yamar41 is not very well liked. (-100)

I Hate Lifting Weights

I am almost 35 years old, 5’11”, ~165 lbs. I love running and have been running anywhere between 4-8 miles almost every day for the last 15 years. I am pretty thin and don’t have a ton of muscle mass but also understand the importance of gaining/maintaining strength as you age.

The problem that I have is that I truly don’t enjoy strength training. I have a commute time of three hours and have my third kid on the way so I typically only have ~45 mins a day for working out. Especially after spending my day on the road and in an office, I will 100% of the time chose beings outdoors and running over being inside lifting weights.

Earlier this year I went a solid 4 months on a dumbbell routine but ended up quitting so that I could spend more time running. I even took my weights outside in an attempt to enjoy it more (which helped a little).

I really want to start putting on some muscle mass while I’m relatively young so that I don’t become a super frail elderly person and can continue doing the things I enjoy well into my later years. I just don’t find strength training exciting enough to keep going with it.

Has anyone else been in a similar boat or have any suggestions?

aka cheeseburger walrus MustardTiger17's Avatar
    MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MustardTiger17 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Negged
    Not in the AM

Only miscer that replies to my threads is Ron Crew

Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nightfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yamar41 View Post
    I am almost 35 years old, 5’11”, ~165 lbs. I love running and have been running anywhere between 4-8 miles almost every day for the last 15 years. I am pretty thin and don’t have a ton of muscle mass but also understand the importance of gaining/maintaining strength as you age.

The problem that I have is that I truly don’t enjoy strength training. I have a commute time of three hours and have my third kid on the way so I typically only have ~45 mins a day for working out. Especially after spending my day on the road and in an office, I will 100% of the time chose beings outdoors and running over being inside lifting weights.

Earlier this year I went a solid 4 months on a dumbbell routine but ended up quitting so that I could spend more time running. I even took my weights outside in an attempt to enjoy it more (which helped a little).

I really want to start putting on some muscle mass while I’m relatively young so that I don’t become a super frail elderly person and can continue doing the things I enjoy well into my later years. I just don’t find strength training exciting enough to keep going with it.

I’m in a similar boat as I need to drop a lot of weight but I don’t like walking. Me just saying that reinforces myself being averse to walking. I am hot and cold with it. What has worked is if I am on the treadmill I picture myself with a body that I can be proud of. If you are a runner I bet just a little muscle on you would be remarkable. In a way you have an advantage in that you do not have time to think or overthink. I bet you can get in an intense workout under 30 minutes. Sometimes you have to do a mind hack on yourself. What could more strength and muscle do for you? Command respect, protect your family, run faster.

kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100) kentsh is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by yamar41 View Post

Yeah. I can feel you. Me too, don't like to lift weights. But, I like to take push-ups on a regular schedule. I think that'd make your body look strong. Lifting weights mightn't be the only way to gain some muscles.