Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn
    Great resource as always, thanks.

Did you find this more efficient than wider, or was it something you intentionally went for because it's more "purely" a squat?
    That was originally how I learned to squat so I stuck with it as it got me good results. I tried switching to a low bar parallel style when I started powerlifting but never felt as strong that way.

I know I had more in me if I learned to do it that way, but my goal was strong legs over a big squat and I feel full Olympic squats give me that. It personally makes me more explosive too - I would do reps with 405 and the plates would shake from me coming up from the bottom. Definitely got good leg development from it too even though that wasn’t necessarily the goal.

The mobility factor is huge now that I’m in my 40s - I can drop into a third world squat and hang out there any day, any time. Meanwhile some of my peers are almost dying trying to put their shoes on while sitting on their beds. Not to mention it makes front squats and overhead squats easier.