Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 63
  1. #31
    Trollesque DustinTheHuss's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 11,657
    Rep Power: 125646
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DustinTheHuss is offline
    Originally Posted by shmobin View Post
    I encountered my first one of these this morning. Legit was just making TikTok vides the entire time and fake fighting the hitting bag. Dude was probably 105 pounds soaking wet.
    I would have laughed so hard. TikTok is crazy. My daughter, nieces and her friends all do those dances to make TikTok videos.

    I feel like one of those old people talking about the younger generation. What happened to me lol. Gen Z just cracks me up a lot more than the Millenials did.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

    Current workout:
    -Back/chest/bi
    -Legs/shoulders/tri

    Positivity Crew
    Christian Crew
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    Meh badreligion's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: Groton, Connecticut, United States
    Posts: 21,915
    Rep Power: 46356
    badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    badreligion is offline
    Originally Posted by 2am View Post
    If you are averse to noises, don't go to a gym
    There's a difference between making noise due to exercise and being a loud, obnoxious douchebag.
    In Hoots We Trust.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    Registered User shmobin's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: United States
    Posts: 6,567
    Rep Power: 49006
    shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    shmobin is offline
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    That's pretty funny, I would have laughed my ass off..
    He was wearing sunglass too, at 4:30AM. It was so confusing.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 14,939
    Rep Power: 291141
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mtpockets is offline
    Originally Posted by shmobin View Post
    He was wearing sunglass too, at 4:30AM. It was so confusing.
    This keeps getting better lol

    The owner of my gym installed a heavy bag last year, I use it primarily for my martial art workouts and I know he uses it occasionally, other than that I don't think it's used much at all, the next time I see him I'll ask if he's seen any shenanigans going on with the bag because I saw some funny stuff in the old gym in the bag area.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

    Social distancing expert

    Livin the Dream

    Retired at 40 Crew
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Squats and Milk Bando's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 37,899
    Rep Power: 406233
    Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bando is offline
    So how about this.

    As you're connecting your phone to your wireless headphones (sorry for you guys still using Discmans, 8 tracks or whatever) you look for your headphones, in my case Otium. Well there's like 9 other headphones listed, why not just connect to them randomly and play some good old episodes of He Haw or whatever. Figure out which kid freaks out when his headphones start blasting Minnie Pearl and make note of the name of the headphones and match it to the kid.

    When that kid is going for his heavy 1/3 rep squat max, you guessed it:

    RIP: Dirty South Crew
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    Registered User KeepItMoving's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 4,337
    Rep Power: 65541
    KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    KeepItMoving is offline
    Guys between 14-27 are real goofballs, generally speaking. The exception proves the rule. I see them; they see me. They pretty much stay out of my way, and I am only around them if I need a particular space near them to train. I've gotten a few why is the old man here lifting weights so seriously kinda looks. That's fine. I remember thinking thoughts like that about the old cats in the gym when I began training at 14.

    The old guys back then seemed a little odd to me. Some of them were pretty damn strong, and they all trained focused and intense. By the time I was 21-22, I could lift way more than any of the old fkrs. I'd see them watching me when I got to my lowest rep sets. They never regarded me in the years before. They just seemed like kinda angry/mad guys who smelled like BO and liniment.

    If the old me could see the young me in the gym, he'd think 'What an a**hole.' If the young me could see the old me in the gym, he'd think, 'What a pvssy.'
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

    -----R. W. Emerson
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Squats and Milk Bando's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 37,899
    Rep Power: 406233
    Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bando is offline
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    If the young me could see the old me in the gym, he'd think, 'What a pvssy.'
    Speak for yourself I guess. When I was benching 200 in College if you told me I would be doing 335 in my 50's, I would have been like yeah whatever.
    RIP: Dirty South Crew
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    Nihilist Karl_Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13,863
    Rep Power: 137242
    Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Karl_Hungus is offline
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Speak for yourself I guess. When I was benching 200 in College if you told me I would be doing 335 in my 50's, I would have been like yeah whatever.
    But if you also informed your 20-year old self about the addition of "replacement", then your 20-year self might be significantly less skeptical.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    Caucasian, Bro/Brah/Bruh AlBHappy's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Posts: 5,942
    Rep Power: 95694
    AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AlBHappy is offline
    I attend a Planet Fitness from time to time when I'm not using my kettlebells at home. I have a buddy of mine whose 60 who gets so frustrated at the dumbbell rack. 5 kids to a machine, all with mushroom heads. Phones out, looking at them walking.

    I told him, "they're just dumb kids. We all were that way. Teach them etiquette. I would rather have them in the gym than at home staring at Call of Duty."

    The ones that drive me crazy are the Brazillian women all dressed up like Jen from the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City with their phones on speaker yelling in Portuguese while resting in between sets. There is a sign that says no phone conversation, but it is never enforced.

    The rudest thing is working up a lather on the cardio equipment and then, laying on the benches and machines. People are pigs at the gym.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #40
    Registered User Gabbar99's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Age: 60
    Posts: 1,120
    Rep Power: 30785
    Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gabbar99 is offline
    Originally Posted by AlBHappy View Post
    I attend a Planet Fitness from time to time when I'm not using my kettlebells at home. I have a buddy of mine whose 60 who gets so frustrated at the dumbbell rack. 5 kids to a machine, all with mushroom heads. Phones out, looking at them walking.

    I told him, "they're just dumb kids. We all were that way. Teach them etiquette. I would rather have them in the gym than at home staring at Call of Duty."

    The ones that drive me crazy are the Brazillian women all dressed up like Jen from the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City with their phones on speaker yelling in Portuguese while resting in between sets. There is a sign that says no phone conversation, but it is never enforced.

    The rudest thing is working up a lather on the cardio equipment and then, laying on the benches and machines. People are pigs at the gym.
    I go to a Planet Fitness and everyone is very well behaved. But this is central Pennsylvania where I'm more often frustrated by people being overly courteous than by them being rude.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #41
    Registered User Cantplankwell's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Location: Ontario, Canada
    Age: 56
    Posts: 3,208
    Rep Power: 45518
    Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cantplankwell is offline
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    They pretty much stay out of my way, and I am only around them if I need a particular space near them to train. I've gotten a few why is the old man here lifting weights so seriously kinda looks. '

    I'm one of the few older dudes lifting most days, especially on squat rack row. Im doing power snatches, power cleans and I squat every session. It seems the younger kids there...mostly 20 somethings and teens, are visibly baffled by this...can seem them looking at me in my peripheral vision. I often wonder if I look ridiculous to them, I have tried to imagine my Dad doing this stuff when I was teenager....and its not a pretty sight LOL.

    I looked into the chalk ban a little further and one of the super strong dudes mentioned that it was a crew of recently new members... younger buffoons who would come in during the evenings and make a big mess with it all over screwing around. So thats why it got banned...only a month or two ago.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out
    Reply With Quote

  12. #42
    Registered User LWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 44
    Posts: 6,708
    Rep Power: 21052
    LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LWW is offline
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Speak for yourself I guess. When I was benching 200 in College if you told me I would be doing 335 in my 50's, I would have been like yeah whatever.
    When I was in my early twenties (more like 24).

    The first time I went to watch the state strongman contest. The top guy was over 40, he was real good at all the mobile events which is 90 percent strongman.

    I certainly didn’t think he was a pussy at all, he was impressive as hell and I wanted to be like him.

    I entered the next contest and it turned out that guy was the state chairman in NAS.

    You see the tire I’m flipping, that’s his tire and I had one just like it. I trained at his house a couple weeks before my first contest.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #43
    Trollesque DustinTheHuss's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 11,657
    Rep Power: 125646
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DustinTheHuss is offline
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Guys between 14-27 are real goofballs, generally speaking. The exception proves the rule. I see them; they see me. They pretty much stay out of my way, and I am only around them if I need a particular space near them to train. I've gotten a few why is the old man here lifting weights so seriously kinda looks. That's fine. I remember thinking thoughts like that about the old cats in the gym when I began training at 14.

    The old guys back then seemed a little odd to me. Some of them were pretty damn strong, and they all trained focused and intense. By the time I was 21-22, I could lift way more than any of the old fkrs. I'd see them watching me when I got to my lowest rep sets. They never regarded me in the years before. They just seemed like kinda angry/mad guys who smelled like BO and liniment.

    If the old me could see the young me in the gym, he'd think 'What an a**hole.' If the young me could see the old me in the gym, he'd think, 'What a pvssy.'
    LOL. Very true. I remember seeing the old guys at the gym when I was in my 20s. Now I'm the one complaining lol. Although I always worked out alone and smartphones didn't exist, so I wasn't annoying others (at least I don't think).

    I don't mind them being loud or swearing as I'm used to that in the gym. What's annoying is that they hog the dumbbells and the benches forever in groups so I can't do my stuff as they'll look at their smartphones and do Snapchat selfies or look at NFL betting so I can't get my damn workout done as I have Achilles tendonitis so I really need the benches now.

    Originally Posted by AlBHappy View Post
    I attend a Planet Fitness from time to time when I'm not using my kettlebells at home. I have a buddy of mine whose 60 who gets so frustrated at the dumbbell rack. 5 kids to a machine, all with mushroom heads. Phones out, looking at them walking.

    I told him, "they're just dumb kids. We all were that way. Teach them etiquette. I would rather have them in the gym than at home staring at Call of Duty."

    The ones that drive me crazy are the Brazillian women all dressed up like Jen from the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City with their phones on speaker yelling in Portuguese while resting in between sets. There is a sign that says no phone conversation, but it is never enforced.

    The rudest thing is working up a lather on the cardio equipment and then, laying on the benches and machines. People are pigs at the gym.
    The only thing good about Covid is it made me more aware of the germs in the gym. Now I wipe down machines before and after use, which is a pain but I haven't been sick with colds as often as I was before.

    Our gym also has signs about no cell phones but it's not enforced. People really shouldn't be Facetiming their friends while working out. I put the phone away when I lift so I can focus, and I just use it to read during cardio.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

    Current workout:
    -Back/chest/bi
    -Legs/shoulders/tri

    Positivity Crew
    Christian Crew
    Reply With Quote

  14. #44
    All honked out eod8989's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Posts: 39,938
    Rep Power: 70934
    eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eod8989 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eod8989 is offline
    The gym used to just be strong dudes that looked like Mike Thurston in there training hard and maybe a few athletes idk how it went from that to groups dyel zoomers crowding the machines on their phones with broccoli hair

    I had to quit going 2 years ago because nobody in there was serious about lifting and it was awkward

    Legit if this was 2010 you wouldn't even want to be seen in there unless you were either big or strong because that was just what it was. You definitely wouldn't see dyels in the free weight area back then.
    PC specs

    i9 9900k/RTX EVGA 3080/16 GB RAM/LG BX 65 OLED/LG A2 48 OLED/Samsung U32J590 4k LED

    OLED Master Race crew
    6'2 master race crew
    Road trip/storm chaser crew
    Audiophile crew
    Metal crew
    Introvert/INTJ crew
    German crew
    If you aren't getting stronger you aren't getting bigger crew
    Reply With Quote

  15. #45
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 14,939
    Rep Power: 291141
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mtpockets is offline
    Got my first experience in lifting when I was around 11, I got the York Barbell set for xmas and the paper exercise guide to go with it. At that time I was really into Hockey and Martial arts, our Dojo was 10 miles away in a recreation complex that had a gym, I would hitchhike to and from Karate so I would leave early to make sure I got a ride there in time. Sometimes I would get a ride right away and have an hour or more to kill.

    I would venture down to the gym and if there wasn't anyone there I would go in and mess around. Sometimes these same couple of guys would come in and they were well built strong fukkers. One of them called out to me one day and said It looks like you really like lifting, if you would like a few pointers and if it's ok with your parents, I will help you.

    I was elated, this guy talked to my old man who gave him the go ahead and that was my start. I was very fortunate to have these lifers get me off on the right foot. If it weren't for them I may not have had all these years of lifting, who knows?

    Over the years I have seen many young folk in the gym and I managed to help out a few young people , paying forward the gift that was given to me years ago.


    The latest was about 1.5 years ago a young girl came into our gym, she was brand now to lifting and on the heavy side. The owner gave her a tour of the equipment and told her that if she had any questions and he wasn't around to ask me because she was training early in the am and came in about 1/3rd way through my workout.

    She was shy at first and that's to be expected, one day I saw her squat it was just the bar but it was just horrendous, I offered to help her, not something I ever like to do but she willingly took my advice and asked if I would mind if she came in earlier to train while I was there.

    She trained the same time as me for a few months and boy was she full of questions, it was nice to see a young person with a genuine interest. She was really advancing then her shift got changed to nights and I had not seen her since that because she trained in the afternoon. About a month ago she texted me out of the blue and asked when I was training next she wanted to be there.

    The following morning this tiny girl came in, it was her and I didn't even recognise her until she spoke. It was leg day for her and she repped a 155 squat with perfection, she was on vacation and trained with me for 2 weeks, the rest of her lifts were flawless, there was absolutely nothing I could see worth improving. She is doing awesome. It's quite evident that she had really put her work in.

    Not all youngins we see in the gym are goofs. The majority are but there are a few that really want to be there.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 12-02-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

    Social distancing expert

    Livin the Dream

    Retired at 40 Crew
    Reply With Quote

  16. #46
    Registered User KeepItMoving's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 4,337
    Rep Power: 65541
    KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    KeepItMoving is offline
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Got my first experience in lifting when I was around 11, I got the York Barbell set for xmas and the paper exercise guide to go with it. At that time I was really into Hockey and Martial arts, our Dojo was 10 miles away in a recreation complex that had a gym, I would hitchhike to and from Karate so I would leave early to make sure I got a ride there in time. Sometimes I would get a ride right away and have an hour or more to kill.

    I would venture down to the gym and if there wasn't anyone there I would go in and mess around. Sometimes these same couple of guys would come in and they were well built strong fukkers. One of them called out to me one day and said It looks like you really like lifting, if you would like a few pointers and if it's ok with your parents, I will help you.

    I was elated, this guy talked to my old man who gave him the go ahead and that was my start. I was very fortunate to have these lifers get me off on the right foot. If it weren't for them I may not have had all these years of lifting, who knows?

    Over the years I have seen many young folk in the gym and I managed to help out a few young people , paying forward the gift that was given to me years ago.


    The latest was about 1.5 years ago a young girl came into our gym, she was brand now to lifting and on the heavy side. The owner gave her a tour of the equipment and told her that if she had any questions and he wasn't around to ask me because she was training early in the am and came in about 1/3rd way through my workout.

    She was shy at first and that's to be expected, one day I saw her squat it was just the bar but it was just horrendous, I offered to help her, not something I ever like to do but she willingly took my advice and asked if I would mind if she came in earlier to train while I was there.

    She trained the same time as me for a few months and boy was she full of questions, it was nice to see a young person with a genuine interest. She was really advancing then her shift got changed to nights and I had not seen her since that because she trained in the afternoon. About a month ago she texted me out of the blue and asked when I was training next she wanted to be there.

    The following morning this tiny girl came in, it was her and I didn't even recognise her until she spoke. It was leg day for her and she repped a 155 squat with perfection, she was on vacation and trained with me for 2 weeks, the rest of her lifts were flawless, there was absolutely nothing I could see worth improving. She is doing awesome. It's quite evident that she had really put her work in.

    Not all youngins we see in the gym are goofs. The majority are but there are a few that really want to be there.
    Nice post. Good stuff. I have actually had some nice encounters with a few youngins, male and female. A young guy and I worked in together on some inclines, and he goes out of his way to acknowledge me now. I have fist bumped a few younger and not younger ladies who completed a legitimate set when I was nearby. I always try to encourage females lifting free weights. There aren't enough of them.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

    -----R. W. Emerson
    Reply With Quote

  17. #47
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Posts: 14,939
    Rep Power: 291141
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    mtpockets is offline
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

    Social distancing expert

    Livin the Dream

    Retired at 40 Crew
    Reply With Quote

  18. #48
    Trollesque DustinTheHuss's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 11,657
    Rep Power: 125646
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DustinTheHuss is offline
    LMAO ^^^^. I do cringe when I see my permed hair from the 80s. Ugh.
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

    Current workout:
    -Back/chest/bi
    -Legs/shoulders/tri

    Positivity Crew
    Christian Crew
    Reply With Quote

  19. #49
    Registered User SPP1's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Posts: 3,804
    Rep Power: 123753
    SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SPP1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    SPP1 is offline
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Did they specify gen z's or just an email in general?



    Every generation going back many decades think the generation following them had many faults. Yet we still seem to be making advances.





    There are advances in some areas, but they don't make movies like Kelly's Heroes anymore.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #50
    Trollesque DustinTheHuss's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 11,657
    Rep Power: 125646
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DustinTheHuss is offline
    The Zoomers haven't improved in the gym. They still crowd the benches and machines for 10 minutes each place making TikToks and looking at their phones while swearing and acting like.....well, teens.

    I can't believe we pay $200 a month for this place (swim and racquet club).
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

    Current workout:
    -Back/chest/bi
    -Legs/shoulders/tri

    Positivity Crew
    Christian Crew
    Reply With Quote

  21. #51
    Registered User Gabbar99's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2014
    Age: 60
    Posts: 1,120
    Rep Power: 30785
    Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gabbar99 is offline
    There's a trend where girls make TikTok videos of themselves scantily clad in the gym and pretend to be outraged and call out guys who glance their way.

    LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!
    That guy looked at me, I'm so offended!

    This guy does a good lampoon of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ye...annel=RyanLong
    Reply With Quote

  22. #52
    Trollesque DustinTheHuss's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 11,657
    Rep Power: 125646
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DustinTheHuss is offline
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    There's a trend where girls make TikTok videos of themselves scantily clad in the gym and pretend to be outraged and call out guys who glance their way.

    LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!
    That guy looked at me, I'm so offended!

    This guy does a good lampoon of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ye...annel=RyanLong
    That's hilarious! I've seen the videos where girls dress wearing bra tops and short shorts in the gym and complain to the camera that guys are staring at them.

    Seriously?!
    Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

    Current workout:
    -Back/chest/bi
    -Legs/shoulders/tri

    Positivity Crew
    Christian Crew
    Reply With Quote

  23. #53
    Nihilist Karl_Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13,863
    Rep Power: 137242
    Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Karl_Hungus is offline
    This thread is suddenly relevant to me. Prior to the pandemic, I went to a gym that was open 24-hours. I would go during the off hours (after 11 pm) which meant only a few people were in the gym. Those that were there were pretty focused. One of the female regulars used to do weighted pullups, which is something I had not seen previously. However, as they say, all good things must come to an end and the arrival of Covid shut down my gym permanently. After 2.5 years of home workouts, I decided to try a gym that was close to my house. I've been at it about a month now and it is a radically different experience than before. A few observations:

    Crowds: This one is rough. I'm not used to crowds in the gym, so had to get used to waiting for equipment and also having people hovering over me while I am using the equipment. The gym closes at 9 pm, so the only way to avoid crowds is if I go at 5:30 am when they open (and there is a zero percent chance of that happening).

    Zoomers: Gym is absolutely packed with zoomers. A common behavior is gathering in small groups around equipment while dicking around on their phones and callng each other "bro". A response to any declarative statement is likely to be "f'real?" followed by "that's sus" if the listener is skeptical. Zoomer females have decided to buck the trend of wearing exercise clothes in favor of painted on stripper-wear as they jump from one piece of equipment to the next in no discernable pattern. To each their own I guess. On the plus side, most of the zoomers are pretty respectful, and a lot of them take their workouts seriously. Hell, I saw one kid squat 405 for 10 reps at a bodyweight of 168. I was seriously impressed.

    Overall, it isn't quite as bad as I'd imagined, but I would still like to have my old gym environment back.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #54
    Nihilist Karl_Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13,863
    Rep Power: 137242
    Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Karl_Hungus is offline
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    That's hilarious! I've seen the videos where girls dress wearing bra tops and short shorts in the gym and complain to the camera that guys are staring at them.

    Seriously?!
    And they do so while they are posting these videos on tiktok so that potentially millions of guys will stare at them. Or even worse, they complain about being sexualized while also having an OnlyFans account. In other words, don't sexualize them unless you pay them first... otherwise, they will be traumatized.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #55
    Squats and Milk Bando's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 37,899
    Rep Power: 406233
    Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bando is offline
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Hell, I saw one kid squat 405 for 10 reps at a bodyweight of 168. I was seriously impressed.
    Last week we had a kid maybe 150 lbs work singles up to 365, he was using a Texas Deadlift Bar so it was bent to an impressive curve. He got the 365, then ground out another rep. In my mind I was thinking "don't do it bro" but he attempted a 3rd and collapsed gloriously onto the safeties.

    Happy to work out around guys like that no matter what age they are.
    RIP: Dirty South Crew
    Reply With Quote

  26. #56
    Nihilist Karl_Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13,863
    Rep Power: 137242
    Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Karl_Hungus is offline
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Last week we had a kid maybe 150 lbs work singles up to 365, he was using a Texas Deadlift Bar so it was bent to an impressive curve. He got the 365, then ground out another rep. In my mind I was thinking "don't do it bro" but he attempted a 3rd and collapsed gloriously onto the safeties.

    Happy to work out around guys like that no matter what age they are.
    For sure - I overheard this kid mentioning that he was training for his first powerlifting meet. Given the numbers he was moving, I have no doubt that he will do well.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #57
    High Plains Lifter Mark1T's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 34,540
    Rep Power: 465127
    Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mark1T is offline
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    There's a trend where girls make TikTok videos of themselves scantily clad in the gym and pretend to be outraged and call out guys who glance their way.

    LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!
    That guy looked at me, I'm so offended!

    This guy does a good lampoon of it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ye...annel=RyanLong
    Man, that is very accurate in every way.

    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    This thread is suddenly relevant to me. Prior to the pandemic, I went to a gym that was open 24-hours. I would go during the off hours (after 11 pm) which meant only a few people were in the gym. Those that were there were pretty focused. One of the female regulars used to do weighted pullups, which is something I had not seen previously. However, as they say, all good things must come to an end and the arrival of Covid shut down my gym permanently. After 2.5 years of home workouts, I decided to try a gym that was close to my house. I've been at it about a month now and it is a radically different experience than before. A few observations:

    Crowds: This one is rough. I'm not used to crowds in the gym, so had to get used to waiting for equipment and also having people hovering over me while I am using the equipment. The gym closes at 9 pm, so the only way to avoid crowds is if I go at 5:30 am when they open (and there is a zero percent chance of that happening).

    Zoomers: Gym is absolutely packed with zoomers. A common behavior is gathering in small groups around equipment while dicking around on their phones and callng each other "bro". A response to any declarative statement is likely to be "f'real?" followed by "that's sus" if the listener is skeptical. Zoomer females have decided to buck the trend of wearing exercise clothes in favor of painted on stripper-wear as they jump from one piece of equipment to the next in no discernable pattern. To each their own I guess. On the plus side, most of the zoomers are pretty respectful, and a lot of them take their workouts seriously. Hell, I saw one kid squat 405 for 10 reps at a bodyweight of 168. I was seriously impressed.

    Overall, it isn't quite as bad as I'd imagined, but I would still like to have my old gym environment back.
    Very interesting, Karl. I would have the same expectations going in. I have found that the Zoomers are more at night or late afternoon when any gym would be toe to toe. But, the Zoomers are a different breed with different conditioned behavior.

    The best time for me to miss any crowd is 4:00am. It starts to pick up at 5am for the pre-work workout people.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #58
    Nihilist Karl_Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13,863
    Rep Power: 137242
    Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Karl_Hungus is offline
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post

    The best time for me to miss any crowd is 4:00am. It starts to pick up at 5am for the pre-work workout people.
    I wish I could do that...you morning people are a special breed.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #59
    High Plains Lifter Mark1T's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 34,540
    Rep Power: 465127
    Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mark1T is offline
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I wish I could do that...you morning people are a special breed.
    Covid changed that for me. When Covid hit, the YMCA I was a member of for 30 years shut down temporarily and when it did open, members had to reserve time-slots only online, masks were required and this lasted for a good while. The Y also changed its open time to 5am instead of 4. This is probably similar to a lot of gyms. I had to stop going to the Y and it was a major bummer.

    I started going to a local Planet Fitness since they were open 24 hours. Very different crowd of locals even at 3:40am. Now, I workout at home.

    The government put us all through some shiit that wasn't necessary.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.
    Reply With Quote

  30. #60
    Squats and Milk Bando's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 37,899
    Rep Power: 406233
    Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bando is offline
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Covid changed that for me. When Covid hit, the YMCA I was a member of for 30 years shut down temporarily and when it did open, members had to reserve time-slots only online, masks were required and this lasted for a good while.....

    The government put us all through some shiit that wasn't necessary.
    Masks in the gym caused me to have acne that I'm just now getting rid of with a strong medication. I'm not totally blaming the gubmn't, I should have been washing my face every time I left the gym

    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    For sure - I overheard this kid mentioning that he was training for his first powerlifting meet. Given the numbers he was moving, I have no doubt that he will do well.
    This fella squats in socks and was squatting yesterday. I have some squat shoes I don't use so asked him if he had shoes and what size shoe he wears, alas not everyone has manlet sized feet.
    RIP: Dirty South Crew
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts