Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Email from my Gym about the Gen Zs

We received an email from our gym asking the parents of teens and young adults to ask them stop swearing and taking selfies. Apparently a number of members are complaining. The email said they're also crowding the hot tub and being noisy.
    I saw a couple of them on FaceTime with their friends as they were working out, which was really loud and distracting. The gym email called that out as well.

I saw the broccoli hair kids in the gym and they were swearing and using their phones like crazy, so the memo didn't reach them lol. But aren't all teens noisy? It's the selfies and use of smartphones that's new with this generation. Not to mention the broccoli hair. Although I had permed hair that I cringe at now!

Make It a Great Day! Just call me Dusty. It's a Clown 🤡 World out there.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

If you are averse to noises, don't go to a gym
    No sig crew

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yeah it is pretty common to se them there but not working out.
    A few times i had to ask them to leave a machine which was where they were just sitting.
    I use earbuds so i don't hear them at all but i actually work out so i have no issue asking them to move.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    yeah it is pretty common to se them there but not working out.
    A few times i had to ask them to leave a machine which was where they were just sitting.
    I use earbuds so i don't hear them at all but i actually work out so i have no issue asking them to move.
    Yeah they tend to crowd the machines as well reading their phones to each other and use it as a social gathering. I have a tough time using AirPods at the gym in the free weights area as I feel like I might trip or something. It's just a weird thing, so it means I have to listen to the gym's crappy music.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kids... being noisy, doing stupid stuff and acting like kids. They should get haircut . Older people complain. Some establishment doesn't like their behaviour. --> This thread could have been posted in any decade

If they are blocking equipment or getting in the way, ask them them to get out of the way. If they are making too much noise, tell them to shut the ****** up.
    But I'd rather they were hanging about a gym half-exercising (and probably thinking that it's going to make them a Youtube/Tiktok/whatever star) than sitting at home doing zero

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They expected a young person to actually read an email?

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Did they specify gen z's or just an email in general?

Every generation going back many decades think the generation following them had many faults. Yet we still seem to be making advances.

Last edited by mtpockets; 11-29-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I complained to my gym about all the baby boomers in the locker room walking around chatting with their cox and ballz openly swinging in everyone’s face.

I wish they would of sent an email.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    I complained to my gym about all the baby boomers in the locker room walking around chatting with their cox and ballz openly swinging in everyone’s face.

I wish they would of sent an email.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Not much of a meme guy, but I gotta admit, this one made me LOL!

As to the gym douchebaggery, that is one of the reasons I have always gone during off hours when there are only a handful of people in the gym.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is why I am in 4:30AM crew. These incels don't even wake up until noon.

Did they specify gen z's or just an email in general?

Every generation going back many decades think the generation following them had many faults. Yet we still seem to be making advances.

The email was directed to "Parents of teens and young adults". lol.

Yes, it could be any generation decades back. A lot of older people are upset about getting caught in a selfie that the kids take. Maybe they don't want to be in a Tik Tok video.

Christian Crew
    Positivity Crew

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    We received an email from our gym asking the parents of teens and young adults to ask them stop swearing and taking selfies. Apparently a number of members are complaining. The email said they're also crowding the hot tub and being noisy.
    I saw a couple of them on FaceTime with their friends as they were working out, which was really loud and distracting. The gym email called that out as well.

I saw the broccoli hair kids in the gym and they were swearing and using their phones like crazy, so the memo didn't reach them lol. But aren't all teens noisy? It's the selfies and use of smartphones that's new with this generation. Not to mention the broccoli hair. Although I had permed hair that I cringe at now!
    My current gym is full of these guys.

They have a portable selfie stand that they can clip their phones into and they do pump videos and that can be annoying to anyone of an older generation, like me.The problem is, some of these kids have rock solid builds. Guys our age bitch about how in the old days you could get a pump, take off your shirt and take photos, but IMO they're just doing that with new tech.

I don't care for the swearing, I think it should banned and if I worked there I would call it out. I can't hear chit with my earbuds, so that's not such an issue for me.

My biggest complaint is the terrible form. Whoever coached them was probably some fat bag of lard that benched twice in college. I see assess 8 inches off the bench for their endless "IRM attempts," squats 4 inches above parallel and of course the whole body swing dumbbell curls.

I don't usually BB BP but I'm recovering from knee surgery so I did that today to keep a DB off my knee. My lifts were modest, started with incline and got xxx 8, then a few clumsy reps with xxx. At this point I'm the buzz or whatever. Switched the flat for an easy xxx x8. Kid comes and stands in front of me until I take my earbuds out.

"uhhh you a Powerlifter or what"

"yeah I competed for 7 years or so"

"Uhhhh so what are your maxes or whatever"

"370/335/435"

"Oh cool Man"

At this point I'm ready for my next set.

"So what's going on with you man?"

"I'm just trying to powerbuild, you know, big total but Hypertrophy"

"That's not the way I would do it"

"uuhhh good talking to you Man"

This thread reminds me of an entry in a Father's Journal, went something like:

"He stands in the mirror constantly grooming his hair, doing his best smile and turning to find his best light".

Was something like 620 B.C. - Ancient Greece.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Narrator02 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2am View Post
    If you are averse to noises, don't go to a gym
    While I agree with this sentiment, people that are face-timing or talking on their phones create a safety hazard in the gym. All it takes is one distracted individual who's on their phone to walk into a person bench pressing to create a serious injury.

I have never witnessed any of this stuff going on but I train daily at 4 am or so, usually only myself and one other person or so in there, so I am not sure what goes on after 530 am but the gym also has a strict no camera policy with no second chances get caught and once you are tossed out on your ass, the owner is old school and a no bullsh!t type of guy.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post

that is it, perfect! ^^^^
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m with Tom, the gym is a great opportunity to get the youth a taste for hard work.

We had a few kids harassing people out front one day and one asked if it was free to workout. He was invited to the free visitor class.

If I saw them hanging on a machine I say “machines are for pussies” in which they would laugh, then I’d say come with me if you want to get real strong and have them squatting for 100reps with the empty bar calling them homos as they catch their breath.

calling them homos as they catch their breath.

^^^^^ What is with this? I have seen you mention this several times, where you call someone a homo or they call you one while you are lifting.

What does it do for you? Do you need to be called names to get a lift?

What does it do for you? Do you need to be called names to get a lift?

Nope, I lift by myself everyday.

We all need to be reminded that we are homos though and can work harder.

We all need to be reminded that we are homos though and can work harder.

Not all, most of us have intestinal fortitude.

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    The email was directed to "Parents of teens and young adults". lol.

Yes, it could be any generation decades back. A lot of older people are upset about getting caught in a selfie that the kids take. Maybe they don't want to be in a Tik Tok video.

I encountered my first one of these this morning. Legit was just making TikTok vides the entire time and fake fighting the hitting bag. Dude was probably 105 pounds soaking wet.

Not all, most of us have intestinal fortitude.
    Those who think they don’t definitely need the reminder.

Those who think they don’t definitely need the reminder.

Go on with your childish games, calling someone a homo or wanting to be called one... LMAO

You're weak

You're weak

Would luv nothing more than to put you under a light girly weight and show you how weak you truly are.

Most can’t find it out on their own.

Originally Posted by shmobin View Post
    I encountered my first one of these this morning. Legit was just making TikTok vides the entire time and fake fighting the hitting bag. Dude was probably 105 pounds soaking wet.
    That's pretty funny, I would have laughed my ass off..

That's pretty funny, I would have laughed my ass off..
    Talk about being childish.

Being honest to the core is showing the skinny tiktok shadow boxer he’s just a homo.

Talk about being childish.

Being honest to the core is showing the skinny tiktok shadow boxer he’s just a homo.

Coming from a pansy who likes to be called a homo means nothing

Coming from a pansy who likes to be called a homo means nothing
    Sure it does, especially if the pansy out squats you with girl weight.

Sure it does, especially if the pansy out squats you with girl weight.
    Speaking of squats, remember when JB embarrassed your ass? What's it been 4 months or more and you still haven't put your money where your mouth is? You should stop hiding like a scared little rat and do what you said you would do

Anyways, can you pretend to put me on ignore again? You're nonsense is boring the sh!t outta me.

Later tater

I am out before your excuses come flying in
    Last edited by mtpockets; 11-30-2022 at 02:57 PM.