Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Masks in the gym caused me to have acne that I'm just now getting rid of with a strong medication. I'm not totally blaming the gubmn't, I should have been washing my face every time I left the gym.
    Agreed. Masks for the first few months were a major hassle. Trying to squat or other heavy exercises were impossible with a mask and everyone I saw in the gym moved the mask down to breathe during the exercise.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I wish I could do that...you morning people are a special breed.
    I'm at the door of the gym at 06:00 when it opens and there's a rush for the racks.
    I'm no morning person I HATE it, but that's the only time I've got some of us are driven by necessity not choice

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Switching back to mornings (6am) with daylight savings time (March 12). By mid March there is drastically less chance of having to shovel snow to get out of the driveway after that date. I went two weeks ago at that time on a friday and it was gloriously empty! Definitely few non working age people during this time.

I honestly feel out of place with the younger crowd around, not enjoying it at all right now.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread is suddenly relevant to me. Prior to the pandemic, I went to a gym that was open 24-hours. I would go during the off hours (after 11 pm) which meant only a few people were in the gym. Those that were there were pretty focused. One of the female regulars used to do weighted pullups, which is something I had not seen previously. However, as they say, all good things must come to an end and the arrival of Covid shut down my gym permanently. After 2.5 years of home workouts, I decided to try a gym that was close to my house. I've been at it about a month now and it is a radically different experience than before. A few observations:

Crowds: This one is rough. I'm not used to crowds in the gym, so had to get used to waiting for equipment and also having people hovering over me while I am using the equipment. The gym closes at 9 pm, so the only way to avoid crowds is if I go at 5:30 am when they open (and there is a zero percent chance of that happening).

Zoomers: Gym is absolutely packed with zoomers. A common behavior is gathering in small groups around equipment while dicking around on their phones and callng each other "bro". A response to any declarative statement is likely to be "f'real?" followed by "that's sus" if the listener is skeptical. Zoomer females have decided to buck the trend of wearing exercise clothes in favor of painted on stripper-wear as they jump from one piece of equipment to the next in no discernable pattern. To each their own I guess. On the plus side, most of the zoomers are pretty respectful, and a lot of them take their workouts seriously. Hell, I saw one kid squat 405 for 10 reps at a bodyweight of 168. I was seriously impressed.

Overall, it isn't quite as bad as I'd imagined, but I would still like to have my old gym environment back.
    "That's sus" is very common by the Zoomer crowd!

They crack me up. I must be getting old now

And they do so while they are posting these videos on tiktok so that potentially millions of guys will stare at them. Or even worse, they complain about being sexualized while also having an OnlyFans account. In other words, don't sexualize them unless you pay them first... otherwise, they will be traumatized.
    That behavior is ridiculously entitled and stupid.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I'm at the door of the gym at 06:00 when it opens and there's a rush for the racks.
    I'm no morning person I HATE it, but that's the only time I've got some of us are driven by necessity not choice
    I miss going in the morning or lunchtime when I worked from home. I go in the office 3x a week but feel so burned out by the time I have dinner and get home from work to go to the gym. I have no idea how I was able to work in an office 5x a week. I guess we didn't know any better so we just deal with it.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    One of the many benefits of having your own gym!
    David

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DustinTheHuss View Post
    We received an email from our gym asking the parents of teens and young adults to ask them stop swearing and taking selfies. Apparently a number of members are complaining. The email said they're also crowding the hot tub and being noisy.
    I saw a couple of them on FaceTime with their friends as they were working out, which was really loud and distracting. The gym email called that out as well.

I saw the broccoli hair kids in the gym and they were swearing and using their phones like crazy, so the memo didn't reach them lol. But aren't all teens noisy? It's the selfies and use of smartphones that's new with this generation. Not to mention the broccoli hair. Although I had permed hair that I cringe at now!

You are weirdly obsessed with whatever the hell Gen-Z is. Do you ever work on yourself, or do you only ridicule others?
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DustinTheHuss has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    You are weirdly obsessed with whatever the hell Gen-Z is. Do you ever work on yourself, or do you only ridicule others?
    There aren't many threads on here so I'm just trying to add content, brah, and the Zoomers crack me up.