JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMags23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Upper Body Calisthenics/Lower Body Weights

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in training their upper body with just calisthenics and also using squats and deadlifts for their lower days. When I get my numbers up for bodyweight movements I’ll be adding weight to keep getting stronger/building muscle. I’d be doing the basic movements to start with. Pull-ups, chin ups, inverted row, dips, deficit pushups. I would also add in the shoulder press. It’s just a great strength movement, I couldn’t not do it in a program. My idea is this:

Monday
    “PUSH”
    Back squat
    Shoulder Press
    Dips
    Push Ups- working up to pike push ups and then HSPU eventually to replace push ups

Tuesday
    “PULL”
    Deadlift
    Pull-ups
    Inverted Row
    Chin ups

Wednesday - either a rest day or do some farmer carries and some shoulder prehab and do the PUSH day on Thursday, PULL day Friday. Rest on the weekend.

I’d treat it like a 5x5 program. Add weight to squat/deadlift/press every workout and add a rep or two for the calisthenics movements every time and then add weight later on.

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions are appreciated.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try it and find out

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an interesting idea! Never thought of that before. Seems like a good way to keep intensity high on two of the most demanding movements by avoiding excessive fatigue, but without incurring atrophy on the upper body either.
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always felt a minimalist routine of weighted muscle ups, trap bar deadlifts, and heavy KB swings would be worth a run. Run with it, see how it goes.