Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by phaginator View Post
    I'm only telling you what the actual maker of Zelda wants/wanted Zelda to be.

Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto stated in an E3 interview that Zelda: Breath of the Wild “directly harkens back to the wide-open design philosophy of the very first Legend of Zelda”. Miyamoto explained, saying that “as the series progressed,there were more added features. As we started doing that, we realized that the game was becoming more and more sequential. We really wanted to go back to the original spirit of Zelda, which is freedom”. Miyamoto went on to state how “in past Zelda titles, there was a tendency for NPCs to explain everything about the world. We went back to the origins of Zelda, where [starting the game] you don’t know who you are, what you are supposed to do. In this new game, as you interact with nature and the world around you, you learn who you are”.

BOTW is THE Zelda game.
    I understand that, juts saying the success Zelda has isn't rooted on this "OG" formula, but on the one being dismissed here

so the jab towards "die hard Zelda fans" isn't justified imo, 99% of them became fans with the known formula (and maybe haven't even played the NES original)

if this was "the way" it's pretty baffling Nintendo changed it up immediately lol
    +++ miscin' at work crew +++

phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TokenV View Post
    I understand that, juts saying the success Zelda has isn't rooted on this "OG" formula, but on the one being dismissed here

so the jab towards "die hard Zelda fans" isn't justified imo, 99% of them became fans with the known formula (and maybe haven't even played the NES original)

if this was "the way" it's pretty baffling Nintendo changed it up immediately lol
    Lol if you haven't played the orignal NES game then you aren't a "die hard" zelda fan at all.

And yes the success formula is absolutely rooted in the original Zelda, wtf I thought you were a real Zelda fan? Or have you only played OOT aka baby zelda?

TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TokenV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol if you haven't played the orignal NES game then you aren't a "die hard" zelda fan at all.

And yes the success formula is absolutely rooted in the original Zelda, wtf I thought you were a real Zelda fan? Or have you only played OOT?
    Link's Awakening was my first Zelda and I fell in love with that game (srs)

I've played the NES and SNES games only later

but it's weird to assume "die hard Zelda fans" have to prefer the more open world original over literally every next iteration which were more restricted lol

the change of formula in BotW isn't for me brah, and I consider at least 5 Zelda games to be among the GOAT so I call myself a fan

phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) phaginator has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Link's Awakening was my first Zelda and I fell in love with that game (srs)

I've played the NES and SNES games only later

but it's weird to assume "die hard Zelda fans" have to prefer the more open world original over literally every next iteration which were more restricted lol

the change of formula in BotW isn't for me brah, and I consider at least 5 Zelda games to be among the GOAT so I call myself a fan
    Link's awakening is a lot like the first NES Zelda although much easier with more guidance (and yes a great game, I replayed the Switch remake not long ago)

But you need to understand, the base formula of Zelda is that of freedom and exploration. The zelda's you like are the easier ones with more hand holding, not saying that's a bad thing per se but it's not what a Zelda game really is, hence Miyamto's quote(s)

If you don't like open world Zelda aka OG Zelda then you're not a real Zelda fan imo.

Maybe give BOTW a second chance and let yourself immerse in the world.

stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stayhomeneet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BOTW is all about exploration and THE core of what a Zelda game is, look what Miyamoto said, the creator of Zelda. It's what he always wanted a Zelda game to be.

Ironic how some "die hard" fans don't like it...
    Miyamoto is a senile old ****er these days, NOBODY cares about the original legend of Zelda, the series only got good from ALTTP onwards

Originally Posted by stayhomeneet View Post
    Miyamoto is a senile old ****er these days, NOBODY cares about the original legend of Zelda, the series only got good from ALTTP onwards
    LMFAO!

Zelda on NES was great, are you some zoomer?

And you have to be retarded, Miyamoto made ALTTP and most (good) Zelda games.

ITT: Zelda """fans""" getting butthurt when they learn BOTW is what the original vision of a Zelda game is.

ITT: Zelda """fans""" getting butthurt when they learn BOTW is what the original vision of a Zelda game is.
    can a Zelda fan claim Ocarina of Time is overrated though?

can a Zelda fan claim Ocarina of Time is overrated though?
    Yes, especially because it's the first 3D Zelda and many gamers first Zelda game.

BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BearyManilowe has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Who cares what the original vision was (whatever that really means given the library of Zelda games), if the game fell flat it fell flat. Give me WindWaker before I beat BoTW again. BoTW fell flat for me in that the combat and story took a backseat. It's all well and good that you can explore the world, but it really kind of pales when the crux of that exploration is to climb some epic mountain and reach the summit just to pull out another deku seed and this is done 100s of times.

It feels hollow, especially when compared to its clone, Immortals: Fenix Rising. Immortals took the BoTW idea and improved upon it (IMO).

BoTW isn't a bad game, but it's definitely understandable that it's not for everyone.
    ***Mariah Carey is my 10/10 Crew***

WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BOTW is all about exploration and THE core of what a Zelda game is, look what Miyamoto said, the creator of Zelda. It's what he always wanted a Zelda game to be.

Ironic how some "die hard" fans don't like it...
    The core of Zelda to me is the dungeons. Idc if that doesn't make me a "real fan" or whatever lol. LTTP, OoT, and Link's Awakening are peak Zelda to me.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Seems like you're the only butthurt Zelda fan itt
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

Anything I want. U mirin? OptimusTrajan's Avatar
    OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BOTW was the first new game I played in like 10 years. At first it was really cool, but it got pretty old after about 60 hours. After beating it I went and found the rest of the shrines and then I hated it. I guess it's ok. It would be better if there were less shrines and more dungeons.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

Originally Posted by WHChampion View Post
    The core of Zelda to me is the dungeons. Idc if that doesn't make me a "real fan" or whatever lol. LTTP, OoT, and Link's Awakening are peak Zelda to me.
    Zelda is much more than just dungeons imo but sure that could be better in BOTW. I liked the 4 big dungeons.

Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    Seems like you're the only butthurt Zelda fan itt
    You mad the creator of Zelda doesn't agree with you?

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Zelda is much more than just dungeons imo but sure that could be better in BOTW. I liked the 4 big dungeons.

You mad the creator of Zelda doesn't agree with you?
    No, don't care about Zelda games, don't own a Nintendo, never going to play a Zelda game even if I did get a Nintendo system.

Just having a giggle at you calling everyone else butthurt for not liking a game you do, when you're clearly the butthurt one.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MonsieurWhite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You all should def give the Oracle games a shot if you liked Link's Awakening. Gameboy Zelda is best Zelda, minus A Link to the Past
    Dear Federal Agents- All my posts are serious and I am a threat to society.

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The foundation set with A Link to the Past mogs the fuk out of the foundation set in the original NES Zelda.

"Freedom" would be fine and dandy if the map, execution, mechanics, music, voice acting, and everything else wasn't so bland.
    BotW looks and sounds like it could be any generic cartoon, and it plays like it could be any generic open worlder with a Zelda coat of paint. (In the same way Hyrule Warriors is just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda paint.) Compare that to Ocarina of Time, which redefined video games and still mogs BotW in most categories despite being decades older.

There's more character and depth packed into just Clocktown in Majora's Mask than most of the BotW map. And they made Majora in like, a year.

Anything I want. U mirin? OptimusTrajan's Avatar
    OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OptimusTrajan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MonsieurWhite View Post
    You all should def give the Oracle games a shot if you liked Link's Awakening. Gameboy Zelda is best Zelda, minus A Link to the Past
    The Oracle games feel like homemade rom hacks to me.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    The foundation set with A Link to the Past mogs the fuk out of the foundation set in the original NES Zelda.

"Freedom" would be fine and dandy if the map, execution, mechanics, music, voice acting, and everything else wasn't so bland.
    BotW looks and sounds like it could be any generic cartoon, and it plays like it could be any generic open worlder with a Zelda coat of paint. (In the same way Hyrule Warriors is just Dynasty Warriors with Zelda paint.) Compare that to Ocarina of Time, which redefined video games and still mogs BotW in most categories despite being decades older.

There's more character and depth packed into just Clocktown in Majora's Mask than most of the BotW map. And they made Majora in like, a year.
    Lol keep coping, BOTW is trumping OOT in the new top Zelda lists.

Anyway sucks for you guys because open world/BOTW is the future of Zelda games.

yup... sad

hopefully they go a seperate route with similar games like the Links Awakening remake to compensate for losing the handheld component of the franchise (wouldn't even mind Oracles or Minish Cap remakes)

but it's Nintendo so they dgaf probably lol

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Imagine playing Nintendo games.

Registered User HotDamnItsDavid's Avatar
    HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HotDamnItsDavid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel the same way. I just finished the four dungeons and want to quit already. Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time were the two best games. Never finished Majoras Mask.

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol keep coping, BOTW is trumping OOT in the new top Zelda lists.

It ain't "cope." I'm not saying Breath of the Wild doesn't deserve to exist, but Ocarina of Time is objectively a much better and more innovative / important game by every single metric. Ocarina started entire trends in video games like Z-Targeting, it revolutionized cinematography and storytelling...it changed video games forever and was a leader in the jump from 2D to 3D gaming. There is no comparison between the two. Think of the dungeons of those games, each one could be a self-contained movie or game. Inside a giant tree, a volcano, a giant fish, a creepy forest mansion, a well where they torture people, pyramids, etc.

Breath of the Wild basically hodge-podges a ton of open world tropes under a Zelda coat of paint. Not only that, but the things BotW gets praised for are considered sins in other open world games, it makes no sense. You have to collect 900 seeds? Over 100 copy-pasted mini dungeons with the same exact graphics and aesthetic? weapons break every couple hits? That's bland, holmes. The presentation just doesn't have the richness of older titles. Wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle.

Originally Posted by CrimsonSteel View Post
    It ain't "cope." I'm not saying Breath of the Wild doesn't deserve to exist, but Ocarina of Time is objectively a much better and more innovative / important game by every single metric. Ocarina started entire trends in video games like Z-Targeting, it revolutionized cinematography and storytelling...it changed video games forever and was a leader in the jump from 2D to 3D gaming. There is no comparison between the two. Think of the dungeons of those games, each one could be a self-contained movie or game. Inside a giant tree, a volcano, a giant fish, a creepy forest mansion, a well where they torture people, pyramids, etc.

Breath of the Wild basically hodge-podges a ton of open world tropes under a Zelda coat of paint. Not only that, but the things BotW gets praised for are considered sins in other open world games, it makes no sense. You have to collect 900 seeds? Over 100 copy-pasted mini dungeons with the same exact graphics and aesthetic? weapons break every couple hits? That's bland, holmes. The presentation just doesn't have the richness of older titles. Wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle.
    Lol at you glorifiying a mediocre adventure game like OOT. It was the FIRST 3D zelda game, that's it. People are blinded by nostalgia, OOT is riddled with flaws but that deserves another thread.

And sure BOTW isn't perfect and could be better but it's Nintendo's first try at an actual open world. I loved it personally.

Again sucks for you guys you will be stuck playing old trash like OOT, I'll be enjoying the new Zelda games.

Lol at you glorifiying a mediocre adventure game like OOT. It was the FIRST 3D zelda game, that's it. People are blinded by nostalgia, OOT is riddled with flaws but that deserves another thread.
    yet the FIRST Zelda game cannot be dismissed and should count as the standard for the series even though every later iteration used a different, more succesful formula?

phaggy pls

yet the FIRST Zelda game cannot be dismissed and should count as the standard for the series even though every later iteration used a different, more succesful formula?

phaggy pls
    You wot? No the frist Zelda game is and was the blueprint for all other Zelda games, although the first Zelda game was harder because there was less hand holding and more exploration required than the other zelda games.

OOT is baby Zelda. Made for low IQ kiddies and the mass market. Luckily BOTW is less hand holding and gives you freedom to what you want unlike OOT with it's retarded owl pestering you all the time.

You wot? No the frist Zelda game is and was the blueprint for all other Zelda games, although the first Zelda game was harder because there was less hand holding and more exploration required than the other zelda games.

OOT is baby Zelda. Made for low IQ kiddies and the mass market. Luckily BOTW is less hand holding and gives you freedom to what you want unlike OOT with it's retarded owl pestering you all the time.

This mcker is enough to deduct a couple of points from OOT

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I dunno. I like BotW. I am on my second play-through currently. There are things that I dislike about it; mainly the weapon system. There are things to do in the 'open-world'. I like exploring the map and checking things out. The game does reward you for this. Albeit, the rewards (korok seeds and temples) are not that exciting for most people.

As for story, Zelda games have never been big on telling stories. The Zelda time-line was a mess for a while. Games that tell a great a story are nice, but I don't think that a full-fledged story is necessary here.

To each their own. I can certainly understand why many do not like BotW, but IMO it's a solid game.

And sure BOTW isn't perfect and could be better but it's Nintendo's first try at an actual open world. I loved it personally.

Again sucks for you guys you will be stuck playing old trash like OOT, I'll be enjoying the new Zelda games.
    The game you enjoy is just open world tropes that were already so dated people trashed entire franchises based on them thrown in a blender with Zelda lore, mediocre music, poor voice acting, annoying mechanics, and 1/4 of the game time spent in menus.
    The game I enjoy revolutionized the entire medium in terms of mechanics, story telling, graphics, and more, ushering in an entire new genre and era of video games.

Go deep throat more of your generic "Exploration" game. You're so volatile about a video game you had no hand in making, you're trashing the most widely regarded "GOAT" video game. It's pathetic. VERY fitting username you have, phaginator.
    Breath of the Wild is the most "basic b!tch" Zelda game ever made. No personality, no depth, just a wide empty world with copy-pasted enemies. I understand someone liking it if they have absolutely no other obligations in life and want to sink 100 hours into rolling bombs at goblin camps, but don't pretend it's better than even Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. It's generic, bland open world nonsense.