MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Anyone got an ATX bench?

Hi,

Has anyone here got (or had) an ATX bench? I am looking at the ATX multi-bench and have a few questions, mostly regarding stability and whether there is any "slop" in the back support?

This is the bench
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 11-26-2022 at 07:33 AM.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MonkeyT View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone here got (or had) an ATX bench? I am looking at the ATX multi-bench and have a few questions, mostly regarding stability and whether there is any "slop" in the back support?

This is the bench
    I used to own an AtX adjustable bench, I can't honestly remember the model number, at that time ATX were still manufacturing their equipment in Germany, it was a tank, but like most adjustable benches there was a small amount of movement at the back pad hinge, nothing that ever bothered me, I only sold it because it was heavy to move in and out of the rack.

I haven't bought anything from ATX for some time now, so I can't comment on their current quality.

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I used to own an AtX adjustable bench, I can't honestly remember the model number, at that time ATX were still manufacturing their equipment in Germany, it was a tank, but like most adjustable benches there was a small amount of movement at the back pad hinge, nothing that ever bothered me, I only sold it because it was heavy to move in and out of the rack.

I haven't bought anything from ATX for some time now, so I can't comment on their current quality.
    I guess that was a Barbarian Line model then, rather than ATX? Got any photos of it?

Thanks for responding!
    I'm surprised The ATX equipment isn't spoken about more, I have an ATX half rack and it's awesome - I had a Rogue before which, of course, was awesome too, but the ATX is pretty much as good (the rolling Jcups are better) and it was half the price. ATX seems to be creeping their prices up and the current made-in-Germany benches look great, but I want an attachment on the front for leg extensions so those models are out for me. Thinking it must be partially tank like as it is pretty hefty at 47kg

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I guess that was a Barbarian Line model then, rather than ATX? Got any photos of it?

Thanks for responding!
    I'm surprised The ATX equipment isn't spoken about more, I have an ATX half rack and it's awesome - I had a Rogue before which, of course, was awesome too, but the ATX is pretty much as good (the rolling Jcups are better) and it was half the price. ATX seems to be creeping their prices up and the current made-in-Germany benches look great, but I want an attachment on the front for leg extensions so those models are out for me. Thinking it must be partially tank like as it is pretty hefty at 47kg
    ATX doesn't have any North American dealers so it doesn't get a lot of attention. Most of the active posters seem to be in the US and Canada. With that said, my impression of ATX is they are in the same league as Rogue and I'd probably own some of their equipment if I had access to it.

Off hand, the only bench I can think of with a leg extension attachment is the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro, which is quite popular here and 20% off right now: https://www.ironmaster.com/products/super-bench-pro-v2/

In general, Rep Fitness seems to offer the best bang for buck benches. If you want made in USA then Rogue and Legend are the first options that spring to mind but there are others, of course.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Off hand, the only bench I can think of with a leg extension attachment is the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro, which is quite popular here and 20% off right now: https://www.ironmaster.com/products/super-bench-pro-v2/

In general, Rep Fitness seems to offer the best bang for buck benches. If you want made in USA then Rogue and Legend are the first options that spring to mind but there are others, of course.
    Can't argue with that, but I'd say if anyone is in the market for a quality bench now's the time to jump on the Ironmaster Pro bandwagon. That $539 price is excruciatingly painful but with 20% off right now I'd say it's priced right. They've added the higher seat adjustment for upright work (kinda weird looking), handle is included now, and they finally decided to just make the hybrid pad the standard (like they should). Hats off to them, it was near perfect before but now it's hard to even find a single flaw aside from being more expensive. The "One bench to rule them all" IMO....
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks for responding!
    Sorry no pics, Had the bench before I started posting here. around 2009-2010, I believe it was then marketed as the ATX Monster Bench. I believe the Barbarian line came afterwards and was manufactured in China.

I didn't realise ATX were manufacturing anything in Germany, I understood the last line they made in Germany was their Monster Pro equipment, but I thought even their top line was now manufactured outside of the EU, But as I noted in my previous post I'm really not up to date with ATX.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    ATX doesn't have any North American dealers so it doesn't get a lot of attention. Most of the active posters seem to be in the US and Canada. With that said, my impression of ATX is they are in the same league as Rogue and I'd probably own some of their equipment if I had access to it.

I am actually in Europe so that's why ATX is interesting for me. Still, it is quite hard equipment to get hold of, it depends on which country you are in as each has it's own ATX representative, stocks is sketchy on many items, even in Germany. Most of it is made outside of Germany but it seems good gear. Rogue is great, of course, but their benches don't fit my requirements as I want a leg extension possibility - I might just but a dedicated leg extension machine but I'm a bit space restrained so I didn't want to do that without fully researching.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Sorry no pics, Had the bench before I started posting here. around 2009-2010, I believe it was then marketed as the ATX Monster Bench. I believe the Barbarian line came afterwards and was manufactured in China.

I didn't realise ATX were manufacturing anything in Germany, I understood the last line they made in Germany was their Monster Pro equipment, but I thought even their top line was now manufactured outside of the EU, But as I noted in my previous post I'm really not up to date with ATX.
    Yeh, a few of the top line benches are still made in Germany, at least the 750€ Bulls bench is (EDIT: or it was, it does not say "made in Germany" on it any longer) ... Some bars too from what I can see, I haven't totally delved into them yet.
    Thanks for your response in any event.

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Definitely gonna buy it in the future