Closed Thread
Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you scream like you're giving birth when doing any little b*tch isolation movement, have the nerve to grow your hair out to an afro when you obviously have a condition that predisposes you to sweat like you're in Crackistan so it just soaks up sweat and wipes it on every piece of equipment you f-ckin use, work out in business clothes, and smell like a mixture of garlic, cheetos, and body odor...you're a gym idiot.

I'm not joking...I have one of these at my gym. If you want him, he's yours.

wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50) wantmoresize will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=agony21]Here are some of my favorites:

14) Guys who wear Otomix sneakers... Come on... What added benefit is there really?

I wear these and feel a tremendous differnece-- i sued to wear running shoes and my feet would be killing me-- the Otomix shoes keep your feet flat and let you feel the floor when doing movements--they do not curl up at the front liek most regular brand shoes--they are amazing and have helped my feet from becoming inflamed from training
    Religion has certain ideas at the heart of which we call sacred. Meaning, Here is an idea that you?re not allowed to say anything bad about; you're just not. Why not? because you're not!? If somebody votes for a party you don't agree with, you're free to argue about it as much as you like; everybody will have an argument but nobody feels aggrieved by it. But on the other hand if somebody says 'I must not move a light switch on a Saturday', you say, 'I respect that'.

GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoLeafsGo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump on the aholes that stand a foot in front of the dumbbell rack and do a set. They always seem to be standing in front of the dumbbells that you want to use at that moment. They'll have the entire gym behind them, but apparently they are too weak to step a couple yards back so other people actually have access to the rack.

cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscottandrews is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We all laugh now, but you have to start somewhere.
    - Dr. Scott

If you help enough people along your journey all of your wildest dreams will come true.

TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seasonal Gym Idiots

I think we've all forgotten one of the more common ones (if we havent, i apologise that i didnt notice :P)

1. Gym Idiots who turn up for a week during summer because they want to get "ripped for the beach".
    "Bodybuilding is about training muscle, not lifting weights" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Stop Whining!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Blood, Sweat, and Steel. ValCapone's Avatar
    ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10) ValCapone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

Even though I don't do this, and I may sound like an idiot but I don't know what you meant by this. Is it the fact that you take a lot of energy out of the lifts by doing the cardio? Or what?

LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) LatKid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you do million lb machine leg presses not even half way down and you superset it with short bursts of cardio you are a gym idiot.
    i want my back to be so wide i can land a damned helicopter on it!

Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000)
    *s*******

People who wear belts to do bench presses are gym idiots

People who wear belts to do squats with just the 20KG bar are gym idiots

So are people who leave their sweat on the equipment (eurgh)

mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10) mar1no is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of people don't like when people drop dumbells.

I drop them but I try and lower them far enough so they don't drop from like a metre up in the air.

Its kinda hard to slowly put down 100lb dbs after you did a set of bench press, i usually drop them down to the ground while still holding them so they land upright.

StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) StylesClash2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks like my boys are gym idiots (of course im not)
    OK Nucca, Now if you listen you might get it right this time, Load then squeeze.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today, I saw 2 kids curling while their friend is benching....

Lol, they use weights they can't lift.

exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exarch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    re: original post

If you think building muscle mass while cutting fat is impossible, you're a gym idiot.

Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How about....

The woman who wears perfume then smears that perfume all over the crunch machine.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr-arrrgh!

Almost every time I get on my gym's d@*#n crunch machine the bar that goes along your chest smells of perfume. I worked my abs 2 hours ago and I'm not in a completely different building and I *STILL* smell that s&$*$t on me. It amazes me how oblivious perfume users are when it comes to how annoying their perfumes are to others. It's at least tolerable when the smell comes from the air, but when you put it on your body in a way that it's going to rub onto others it's really, really annoying.

PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PsYoP78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    - When you're screaming at with every god damn rep. (I might grunt once in a while, but not every f-ing rep.)

- Not reracking the damn weights. Pick up after yourself pig.

- The idiot girls that waste space with the 5 lb dumbbell and says, "I don't want to bulk up. If I go too heavy, I'll look like Superwoman." I wanna say, b!tch...listen...if you can bulk up overnight and look like Superwoman accidently, I want your god damn genetics.

- People that don't squat or deadlift.

- People that ask me if my PWO shake is an energy drink or roids.

- People that ask me if I'm juicing.

- People that think the gym is a fashion show.

- Fat personal trainers (and better yet the people that hire the fat personal trainers).

- The people that stock the vending machine at my gym. It's all candy bars and chips. WTF?!?!?

- The fat guys that just go into the gym and sit in the sauna thinking they'll cut up or something?

- The idiots that bring their 12 y/o kids into the weight room.

- People that stare at me while I'm pushin out my reps.

- The dumb ass that came up and asked if he could work in when I was mid dip with 90 lbs tied around my waist. I really wanted to spit in his face, but I was feeling a little dehydrated at the time.
    ============================
    ----I wanna be SUPER HERO BIG!----
    ============================

BODYBUILDING'S TOP FIVE FACTORS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1) Attitude - Think big to become big.
    2) Nutrition - You can't build anything without raw materials.
    3) Routine - Work hard, but smart.
    4) Recovery - Muscles grow in bed, not in the gym.
    5) Supplementation - Icing on the cake.

Rustling your jimmies ll ReNeGaDe ll's Avatar
    ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1) if you work 3 hours straight walkin around like youre this unstoppable monster whos gonna get huge off of it

2) if your routine looks like this:

mon: chest, tris, bis
    tues: shouldiers, back
    wed: legs, abs
    thurs: chest, tris, bis
    fri: shouldiers, back
    sat: legs, abs
    sun: (continue cycle)

yep, i was a gym idiot

Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullifidian is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok this one is wrong:

"People dropping dumbells after a set is done"

When I'm done with a set of 120s on flat bench, you best believe I'm dropping them. If I were to try to let them down easy, I'd tear my ####ing bicep. Excuse me if I can't curl as much as I bench. And no I won't be sitting up with them either. Chest day is not ab day and it isn't hip flexor day either.

The only time there is no need to drop them is if you are already standing with them.

bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bazzi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Well im just going to start this by saying I have been goign to a different gym then my original one all week because I was offered a free weeks pass to check it out. Goodlife, im Canadian and know fellow Canadians have heard of this francise. Anyways big beginner gym, mostly machines. My other gym was more advanced looking, bigger freeweight room, less machines. So anyways some things I noticed when I was there...

People that think supplements are everything. I was doing some deadlifts on friday and these 2 guys next to me were talking about how they were gonna buy all this **** from this one ****ty supplement store in our city which over charges. I almost made some money off them . But yah anyway they were talking about ****ty fatloss products (like the new herbal ones), creatine, noz, glutamine, and how they were gonna like blow there whole paycheck on useless supplements. I say useless because it was obvious they had nothing else in check.

I noticed the same 2 guys only did barbell curls and military press in like 45 minutes. And I had almost finished my whole back/tricep workout which is approx 50 mins.

The slackers... I dont like these people too much, I dont have anything against the elderly choosing really light weights. But when your in your mid twenties, and curling like 15lbs in your muscle shirt that shows off your obvious huge biceps. And walk around for 3 minutes between sets. They dont necessarily piss me off but somethings I just want to tell them they are better off staying at home sitting on the couch watching TV and curling cans of diet coke.

And last but not least, the only people since joining this new gym which I can see myself ending up getting into it with before I go back to my other gym.... The smack talkers. These are the two guys usually talking to each other the whole time there in the gym about what others are wearing and doing. I overheard these two guys near me while I was on the leg press just insulting this guy with a mullet. Now dont get me wrong mullets just shouldnt happen, but atleast the guy was training and lifting weights. I just felt like telling to guys to STFU or I would call the guy with the mullet over and let him beat there asses in. I get cranky after doing squats and then leg presses .

Thats about all I saw at this gym. On the flipside, you gym owner is officially an idiot if 85% of their gym is machines, and the other 15% is plastic freeweights. You have a floor with absolutely no grip so your sliding around and cant keep still when trying to do cable crossovers. And you have no extenstions for your row and lat pulldown machine. Hell this gym didnt even have a proper dip machine. So yeah your offically and gym idiot if you go to Goodlife gym... Lol just kidding, but the gym really does suck. Nice people, very ****ty freeweight section.

Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thardus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry

Here's a gym idiot:

The woman who puts perfume onto a part of her body, then uses a machine that comes into contact with that same part of her body. This causes everyone else who uses that machine to smell of perfume the rest of the day.

Yes, all of these other gym idiots are annoying but only while at the gym. What makes my particular species of idiot even worse is that she manages to annoy you all day long.

And who are these people who actually like it when they run into another person who smells of flowers?

zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zloy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Your a gym idiot...

Your a gym idiot... when you come there to look at and worry yourself about the other idiots.

100%KAFIR & DIRTY INFIDEL JohnnyLaw's Avatar
    JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnnyLaw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KiltedHasher
    Sorry hulkamania, but this isn't such dumbass advice- I spent 5 1/2 years on submarines (no weightroom at all), and we made due with all kinds of fvked up stuff - chins off of piping, dumbbells made out of garbage weights duct taped together, dips off the tor**** berths...and we had a big-ass toolbox as our "bench".

The guy who does curls in the squat rack is officially a Gym Idiot. The guy who thinks you need a dedicated machine for every exercise isn't too far behind him, though.

Yeah and most of the big boats have nice equipment on them. Subs have only whats required but the ships have lots of gear.